The Big Wrestling Thread!

You say that, but remember the reports said he was using his middle fingers instead of the usual index fingers; he was just flipping off the crowd on his way out. Not a smart thing to do when you're promoting a Disney movie. :p

I just tweeted the pic of this (edit: well not exactly this, but a pic of him flipping off a fan) to Disney

I enjoyed the Rumble, but the ending was so stale and uneventful. I was rooting for Reigns, then stupid old man Batista had to win. Why did he win? He has nothing to prove. Let a guy like Reigns win at least.

X97esl6.gif

Sister Abigail on the ringside protection, that really cannot be good for his concussion.

I thought WWE had put policies to prevent this kind of stuff: Christian has been out for more than 6 months now and there is a truckload of wrestlers with necks in pieces.

According to F4WOnline.com, while WWE did not anticipate or plan on there being as negative a reaction to the finish of the Royal Rumble match as there actually was, it's being said that keeping Bryan out of the Rumble match is in fact part of WWE's current story line plan of Bryan having to overcome the "machine" that's holding him down.

The idea behind the angle is WWE wants fans to be outraged that Bryan isn't being pushed more.

While not confirmed, this is likely why Bryan referred to the WWE "machine" on Twitter, to help put over the story line that everyone, including Bryan himself, realizes WWE is holding him down.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Meanwhile in TNA...

If WWE continue to ###### off the fans on RAW tonight, then TNA's practically got an open goal to capitalise on that hate come Thursday with the live show in Glasgow (where the arena will actually be packed for once and the crowd won't be dead). Can't really see WWE dropping the ball again though tonight. We'll find out soon enough... (I'll find out in the morning)

Oh yeah, can anyone think which entrant in the Royal Rumble that Wade Barrett "gave up his spot" for with that Voodoo clue of his? Or does everyone else here think he was simply taking the ######?

I loved the opening match, thought the rest was meh. They should have had taker at least appear when Lesnar was beating on Show, just imagine the reaction if the lights had gone out. Cena vs Orton was just dull dull dull. Good showing from Reigns and we all know he's gonna be huge

WWE arent stupid, they're gonna milk this Daniel Bryan thing for as loooooong as possible, but Batista/Orton main event is not going to be a seller - Somehow Bryan has to be involved, i dont think they could drag it out for another year

I was so close with my shout for Reigns to win, shame Batistas contract didnt allow it

If it isn't obvious right now to anyone here or the IWC, this whole Bryan thing is a work. And a brilliant little work it is.

exactly. the WWE is doing an excellent job of making the "smart fans" look like the basement dwellers they really are.

Hello,

First off, terrible PPV.

Solid match by Bray and Bryan

I think Bray and Bryan stole the show

Their match stole the entire show. Amazing display. We all knew Bryan could do it but Bray? I was very impressed with him tonight :) 

Correct; Besides B&B, Reigns had a hell of a night (his spear was over 9000 times better than Batista) and also broke a eliminations record, which Im glad happened to him :)

You know. There's a Wrestlezone article right now about the RR and how it was a pretty good show overall. I agree with that actually. Bryan and Bray Wyatt stole the show in an incredible opening match. Lesnar looked like a monster after the Show match finished. Cena and Orton actually put on a very good match as well with some new stuff thrown in by Cena, and some great heel work by Orton (the WE WANT DIVAS chant and Orton doing a pose was gold).

The Rumble itself had some great moments if you actually watched it for you know, the Rumble. Big Fella returning was nice and he looked good. Kevin Nash while a waste in there was nice to see. I could go on but you guys get the point. The only crappy parts - Bryan losing his match (but hey, it made sense and had to happen story wise or the Wyatt's were buried by then) and not being in the Rumble. The WZ article gets it right though. The smark crowd and the IWC doesn't seem to realize that Bryan wasn't even advertiesed for the Rumble, WWE had no reason to put him in - other than the insane chants all night and reactions everyone else got. Sure WWE could have seen the writing on the wall and taken Rey out and thrown Bryan in but man Batista would have went ape **** imo over that one.

It's a no-win right now for WWE.Unless literally, Undertaker comes out tonight and points at the big WM sign and then points at Bryan in the ring, they can't win imo.

Those writers are mostly full of BS.

B&B stole the show.

What the f was the Lesner and Big Show match? I mean, it must have lasted.....less than 3 minutes. Just seeing him hit Show with a chair? Not even a kimura?

Cena and Orton had a TERRIBLE match but Orton was great in character. Move wise and just vibe wise sucked. And new moves??? What new movies? Cena doing a RKO? People actually shouting "We want divas" was amazing though (disrespectful to the Divas division not to have a match. You could have snuck in a quick 3-5 min to have a ###### break)

The Rumble itself was OK. Had its OK moments. But, like Kane in 2001, Reigns was screwed. Look: Have Batista win at EC and Reigns vs Batista (vs Cena vs Bryan if you want to sell more tickets)

Also a issue the fans: Look, we all know Bryan wasnt gonna be in the Rumble. He wasnt advertised and there was nothing said about him being a surprise entry or anything. What was done to Mysterio was a crime; A guy who is always nice to the fans, hardly ever a heel, a entertainer, etc. gets booed and cheered when eliminated. That was completely unfair to him, uncalled for and very sick. As for Cena/Orton, booing and "This is boring" would have been enough.

did i just see big show say "you sh*t" or something like that to lasnar? :)

Yeah, he said several times "######" and other words. Several times censored...

1609631_453677041428358_124589805_n.jpg

this just shows Kane's past physical state, i remember him back in 2007/2008 with that fat and wonder how come he slipped away...

I don't get it. Nash returned in 2011 as Diesel, now as Kevin Nash?! :/  Also, with the nWo theme (was it also his?!)?

Very, very disappointing Rumble, i don't think I've ever seen one so poor before...

Hello,

I don't get it. Nash returned in 2011 as Diesel, now as Kevin Nash?! :/  Also, with the nWo theme (was it also his?!)?

He always Nash when he went against HHH (2011 or 2012 right?). I think (I havent seen RAW and from the 0 comments in this thread, it looks like Im not missing anything) Nash is a one time thing.

Very, very disappointing Rumble, i don't think I've ever seen one so poor before...

I agree; The Rumble is my favorite PPV without any doubt but this was just SO poor. A 4 match card? Come on.

Would I watch it again? Yes. For 25 minutes. Bray and Bryan was just that damn good. Long time we havent seen a match like that.

That being said, now you do have to wonder will it be Bryan vs Undertaker at WM? The reason why is because we know Undertaker cant make a match great anymore (wrestling wise, character wise UT still delivers) but Bryan can (its the reason UT vs Punk; Punk did a great match and made it look good for both). Personally? I would perfer to say Bray vs Undertaker because the mind games and general hype would be great. Just Bray is not there yet, even though (strangely) he was actually mentioned for the title (I dont think he is there yet, has a long time to go for that).

I havent seen RAW so forgive me

Chamber participents: We know Orton and Cena are problably going to be there. Again, on a personal level, I would put Mysterio for what was done with him by the fans. If it is gonna be Lesnar vs Batista (which the booing if that is the main event at WM will be HUGE), then he is gonna be in there. Since Lesnar is in, Big Show is gonna be put in there (as literally a filler). And I imagine Reigns, like many of you said, will keep getting a push. Yup, once again I dont see Bryan and/or Punk being involved this year. Punk has his deal with Kane and problably finally with HHH. And, who knows what they are gonna do with Bryan.

I went ahead and saw EC's page because I didnt wanna look like a idiot :laugh: