The Big Wrestling Thread!

10590520_10152414501246026_2533868562799

Guess NXT was too much for them.

Smackdown is moving to Thursdays in the fall under the new NBC deal. No way Impact can go head to head against WWE. Was a disaster last time they tried.

Smackdown is moving to Thursdays in the fall under the new NBC deal. No way Impact can go head to head against WWE. Was a disaster last time they tried.

Ahh, I forgot about the production truck picture that WWE dismissed as someone jumping the gun.

WWE?s Dean Ambrose to Star in Action Movie ?Lockdown?

?Lockdown? will become the second action film that WWE Studios and Lionsgate will co-produce and release through their ?six-pack? movie deal.

WWE star Jonathan Good, known in the ring as Dean Ambrose, will headline the film, to be directed by Stephen Reynolds (?Tomb Raider: Ascension?). Production starts this month.

Good, who made his debut on WWE?s main roster in 2012, has generated a major fan following after breaking out as a member of the group The Shield, and quickly proved his abilities on the mic and in story lines in and outside of the ring. WWE is now betting that he may be able to cross over into films, as well. ?Lockdown? will be his first starring role in a movie.

Written by Nathan Brooks and Bobby Lee Darby (?See No Evil 2?), ?Lockdown? follows a police officer who finds himself trapped inside his own precinct and hunted after crooked cops stop at nothing to recover incriminating evidence of illegal activities against those closest to him.

The film follows ?Vendetta,? that stars the Big Show and is directed by Jen and Sylvia Soska (?See No Evil 2?), while ?Leprechaun: Origins,? which Lionsgate is also distributing with a limited release in theaters before hitting homevideo platforms, was part of an earlier deal.

?Leprechaun: Origins? had initially been intended for direct to home entertainment platforms on Aug. 26, but will now also give the film a limited release in theaters on Aug. 22, after a presentation for the film was well received at Comic-Con in San Diego.

Alberto del Rio and AAA President Joaquin Roldan held a press conference yesterday in Mexico City with Hugo Savinovich hosting. Alberto said he is going to be with AAA for the immediate future, and the promotion is his new home.

- He said that ?El Patron? is his new ring name

- El Patron confirms he can?t wrestle yet due to the 90-day non-compete clause, but he is working with his lawyers to get it lifted. He says wants to wrestle at Sunday?s TripleMania event. (This was said to be a comment to get heat on WWE.)

- El Patron wants to face the AAA Mega Heavyweight Champion whenever he is cleared to wrestle, and called out Hijo del Texano specifically. This would seem to confirm he will work as a t?cnico, or babyface.

- El Patron was asked about his firing by WWE, but he said that he couldn?t talk about it yet due to legal issues, but can comment in a couple of weeks.

- He was asked about Rey Mysterio being unhappy in WWE and leaving for AAA, but El Patron said he doesn?t know much about it. Joaquin Roldan stepped in and said Mysterio is still under contract with WWE, and they can?t talk to him now, but if Mysterio was available they would be open to signing him in the future.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/502417-alberto-del-rio-chooses-new-ring-name

Santino Marella talks about a comeback in a new interview with Chill, and describes his injury that sidelined him, and what it might take for an in-ring return.

Santino said he has stenosis of the neck, which is an abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal, and it developed into arthritis. He had some treatments to correct it, but now he is looking into a double fusion surgery that will fix the injury.

Santino said he could return to the ring after four to six months of recovery, which is something he is looking into.

?I?m looking forward to getting my surgery within a month and then I will have a four- to six-month recovery in which I will actually attempt to come back in the ring and wrestle again and make one of the greatest, most memorable comebacks of all time.?

While Santino did announce his retirement earlier this year, he is looking at a comeback and says he has one more ?miracle? left to complete:

?I want to come back because of some unfinished business. I believe being the Milan Miracle I have one miracle left. There?s one belt that I haven?t captured?the WWE Championship?and it?s going to require that miracle to do it. On the right day at the right time I can definitely experience capturing that championship. There?s still some good wrestling left in this guy, so that?s what we?re going to try to do.?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/502503-santino-marella-talks-about-a-comeback

Fourth TNA NYC show this week. Excellent, REALLY enjoying these shows. In a way really harks back to the old school wrestling shows. Don't have a bad word to say about them.

Anyone else watching them? If not, if you're a wrestling fan and missed the last 4 TNA shows, SHAME ON YOU! :) so much better than WWE right now.

Fourth TNA NYC show this week. Excellent, REALLY enjoying these shows. In a way really harks back to the old school wrestling shows. Don't have a bad word to say about them.

Anyone else watching them? If not, if you're a wrestling fan and missed the last 4 TNA shows, SHAME ON YOU! :) so much better than WWE right now.

Agree. Those NYC shows have been great. TNA neads to make the Manhattan Center their home instead of the awful Universal Studios.

Agree. Those NYC shows have been great. TNA neads to make the Manhattan Center their home instead of the awful Universal Studios.

It won't matter at all. They aren't going to be renewed by Spike, and that will end their company.