The Big Wrestling Thread!

Lesnar has to win tonight, right? If Cena goes over the man that broke UT's streak, then I'll be at a lost for words

Lesnar has to win though. He beat Taker and the streak at WM, and this is his first match since. If he loses, yeah not good on WWE then. Some people in the IWC think Cena is going to turn heel (lol) on Lesnar and beat him by cheating or whatever which would then make Lesnar the face (which he kinda is anyway) and soften the blow of him losing. But he still beat Taker, so that wouldn't matter in the end. It just doesn't make sense for Cena to win frankly, other than WWE being afraid of giving the title to Lesnar. As Heyman said in a recent interview, the WWE champ and title don't need to be on every show, every week for it to matter. That's just a recent thing in wrestling (thanks to WWE).

There was something I read from Dave Meltzer a couple of days ago (can't find it now) explaining why Lesnar should be the one who walks out of SummerSlam as champion: the WWE Network. The higher-ups see the current subscriber numbers as underwhelming, and (these are Meltzer's words now, so pinch of salt as always) they fear a further drop in subscribers if Cena continues to be champion, so they may put the title on Lesnar to try and entice the older viewers - the ones who actually pay for the Network - to stick around and subscribe.

When they moved to hi-def, it became abundantly clear these punches were not visually effective.

Not even sure what that means :S Surely the move to High Def would mean they want to put in more effort into making it look as real as possibly.

It's like they just forgot to teach punching in wrestling school, people started doing it wrong a potatoeing each other and then just decided to resign the punch to the bin of banned moves.

Occasionally you come across a wrestler who does it properly but it is few and far between.  The likes of Austin and Bret Hart must be embarrassed by the majority of todays matches considering how bad they compare to theirs by failure of the basics.

Heelbook presents the SummerSlam drinking game!

Warning: Do not actually play along, you madman.

Take a shot when:

1. A wrestler comes out with a flag.

2. You find Brock Lesnar Guy, Brie Bella Guy or End Of The Streak Guy in the crowd.

3. Michael Cole thanks everyone watching through satellite providers and, of course, through the WWE Network.

4. A wrestler with no storyline appears.

5. You remember when lumberjacks wore actual lumberjack shirts.

6. Reigns looks gassed.

7. A CM Punk chant breaks out.

8. Brock Lesnar screams like a female Blanka.

For the fearless drinkers, take a shot when:

9. Randy Orton uses a rest hold.

10. You?re reminded about how the Network is only? 9? 99.

12. Brie Bella isn?t 50,000 feet underwater but definitely looks out of her depth.

13. The announcers hype Cena to the moon. And then bury the Moon.

14. Someone lights up their cellphone for the Wyatt entrance (no cheating: that?s 1 shot per phone).

WWE is planning some sort of backstage segment tonight that will feature veteran super-heavyweights Mark Henry and Big Show. The idea is that Henry and Show will form a working relationship, and possible have a go at becoming WWE Tag Team Champions. They have worked together recently, having a match on Smackdown as the ?World?s Largest Tag Team?, and neither big man has been used on WWE television in quite some time, so the angle would also make use of two of the company?s biggest underutilized talents.

KILLAM: If WWE is serious about getting The Usos over as a long-time presence in the division, putting them against two giants is a very smart move. A win, or series of wins against Show and Henry would help legitimize their title reign, and help on the road to becoming a memorable group we remember in 15-20 years. Show in particular has done some great work in teams before (remember JeriShow?), and Henry worked well with MVP for awhile. I don?t see any major cons to this plan

Hulk Hogan is indeed backstage at the Staples Center in Los Angles, CA for tonight?s SummerSlam PPV. We had reported earlier this afternoon that Hogan was flown back to L.A. this weekend to be apart of all the festivities, but his status for the actual PPV event was unknown. It?s unclear what WWE plans to use Hogan for, although with yesterday?s big WWE 2K15 roster reveal, they may start a push tonight using the PPV as a major platform for pre-orders.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/503195-backstage-summerslam-segment-planned

Below are the current betting odds for tonight?s WWE SummerSlam PPV according to Sky Bet.

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match

Brock Lesnar (1/3) vs. John Cena (9/4)

Stephanie McMahon (4/6) vs. Brie Bella (11/10)

Roman Reigns (1/7) vs. Randy Orton (4/1)

Lumberjack Match

Seth Rollins (8/13) vs. Dean Ambrose (6/5)

WWE Divas Title Match

AJ Lee (1/2) vs. Paige (6/4)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

The Miz (1/3) vs. Dolph Ziggler (9/4)

Flag Match

Jack Swagger (8/13) vs. Rusev (6/5)

Bray Wyatt (1/10) vs. Chris Jericho (11/2)

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/503139-current-betting-odds-for-tonights-wwe-summerslam-ppv

lol ... why put money down when the outcomes can easily be changed at the last minute.

lol ... why put money down when the outcomes can easily be changed at the last minute.

Just like other sports. :P Some people just want to bet on anything, it seems. Hell, some bookies take bets on soap opera storylines here, so wrestling isn't so farfetched. Some people have probably made some easy money with the old "Cena wins LOL" schtick; only bigger dead cert I've seen in betting is the World Cup this year where Coral offered 2/1 on Brazil wearing yellow shirts for their first game (with a ?10 maximum bet). Easiest ?20 I ever made (actually, ?25, thanks to their ?5 PayPal bonus). :laugh:

I have to say this was one of the worst events I have seen in recent times with the WWE.  I don't think I can stand watching any longer.  The entire event had a Smackdown feel to it.  Kinda sucks having no competition for WWE I think.

AJ's title loss pretty much confirms the rumor that she's leaving WWE very soon in order to start a family with CM Punk. This may also explain why Nikki turned heel as she will probably be the heel that replaces AJ.

It is bizarre to quote yourself ...

* Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro

What did Cesaro do to have his push stopped ?

* The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler

Yay!

* A.J. Lee vs Paige

* Jack Swagger vs. Rusev

* Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

* Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt 

* Brie Bella vs. Stephanie McMahon:

And now, for a new episode of Family feud!

* Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton:

Good!

* John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

And I thought the German supplex was banned from WWE. In terms of wrestling, it was awfully boring. In terms of booking, that pretty much invalidates any chance of Seth Rollins cashing or anyone challenging else: Reigns, too soon, Orton, against Lesnar, seriously. Really, I cannot imagine who would be groomed against Lesnar.

7 out of 9 correct ... I am pretty happy with myself

Even more bad news for TNA...

PWInsider.com is claiming that former two-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray has finished up with the company. His contract expires soon ? if it hasn?t already ? and TNA was unwilling to give him the kind of deal he was hoping for. Insider?s report states that Bully told the locker room he wasn?t planning on signing a new deal with the company, and that his performance at a recent live event would be his last. 

Bully Ray and Devon will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame at this year?s Bound for Glory PPV in Japan. Along with being a former world champion and a 3-time tag champion, he has become one of the key main event stars on television over the last few years, and was reportedly a major locker room leader backstage. 

Wrestlezone will update this situation as more information becomes available. 

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/503231-bully-ray-leaving-tna-wrestling