The Big Wrestling Thread!

I won't lie I bought it that Taker was back but that was well played by Bray

I liked the Sting segment as well I just have a feeling that match is going to be poor :/

I thought so too, but if felt weird from the beginning, Taker's theme usually interrupts something, a match, an interview, etc., but this time was just after that short break. Also, Cole's reaction was not the usual "Taker is back!" reaction. Anyway, this could be a good match, but what about Lesnar? They have to wrap that up somehow, Taker doesn't usually leave loose ends untied.

About Sting, I didn't like it that much, I really wanted to hear some words from him. It seems they're copying the "Crow Sting" angle from WCW, you know, with the silence thing. But I think it will be a good match, he still got it and HHH looks good too. The outcome? I think HHH will win this one, as everyone is expecting Sting to win. And I hate it. Would be a cool thing to have WCW kick WWE's ass one more time. :p

Oh, and it was about time to see the bat again. :D

I won't lie I bought it that Taker was back but that was well played by Bray

I liked the Sting segment as well I just have a feeling that match is going to be poor :/

I thought so too, but if felt weird from the beginning, Taker's theme usually interrupts something, a match, an interview, etc., but this time was just after that short break. Also, Cole's reaction was not the usual "Taker is back!" reaction. Anyway, this could be a good match, but what about Lesnar? They have to wrap that up somehow, Taker doesn't usually leave loose ends untied.

About Sting, I didn't like it that much, I really wanted to hear some words from him. It seems they're copying the "Crow Sting" angle from WCW, you know, with the silence thing. But I think it will be a good match, he still got it and HHH looks good too. The outcome? I think HHH will win this one, as everyone is expecting Sting to win. And I hate it. Would be a cool thing to have WCW kick WWE's ass one more time. :p

I knew it was Bray the second JBL said 'Its him!' which was pretty much as soon as the druids started coming out.

• Like 1

LOL, Trips isn't winning at WM. 

LOL, Trips isn't winning at WM. 

Go on...

I  am curious about this one.  I doubt Vince will let the WWE look bad against WCW (seeing as that is how this is being pitched) but then why would Sting even consider going out on a loss against the (in my opinion) mediocre HHH?

Go on...

I  am curious about this one.  I doubt Vince will let the WWE look bad against WCW (seeing as that is how this is being pitched) but then why would Sting even consider going out on a loss against the (in my opinion) mediocre HHH?

Sting's didn't finally sign with WWE to lose his match. 

Thats not to say this will be the only one, but he's not losing this one. 

There might be some giant screwball craziness going on to cover for HHH, but Sting is going to win.

WCW is long dead and buried. I doubt Vince cares much about looking 'bad' against it. They do write the narrative so that it always makes WWE look good, but one match won't change that.

• Like 1

Sting's didn't finally sign with WWE to lose his match. 

Thats not to say this will be the only one, but he's not losing this one. 

There might be some giant screwball craziness going on to cover for HHH, but Sting is going to win.

WCW is long dead and buried. I doubt Vince cares much about looking 'bad' against it. They do write the narrative so that it always makes WWE look good, but one match won't change that.

Yes, but people's opinions and memories on WWE vs. WCW are still very much alive, and Sting IS the face of WCW, the one guy WWE couldn't "break". I'm not worried about Vince, I'm worried about HHH's ego. He might just be stupid enough to want the win.

If they make Brock Loose the match the it will be an EPIC fail for WWE.

Fastlane was not better than the last two PPV.

The qualty is seriously taking a DIP.

Brock will lose at WM but Reigns will lose soon after due to a cash in :yes:

What I would like to know is, why are the matches on NXT so much better than on RAW or Smackdown? I am watching NXT Takeover Rivals on the WWE Network, and it floors me how much better the matches are. The fatal fourway for the Women's Championship was longer than the past months worth of Divas matches on RAW and Smackdown combined, and ten times better.

• Like 3

Brock will lose at WM but Reigns will lose soon after due to a cash in :yes:

Or Brock beats the hell out of reigns & Authority help cash in.

After that Brock goes Beast/God mode & keeps beating evryone on Raw until he win the title back @ the next PPV.

But the WWE creative team lacks motivation?

See what they are doing with STING!

• Like 7

What I would like to know is, why are the matches on NXT so much better than on RAW or Smackdown? I am watching NXT Takeover Rivals on the WWE Network, and it floors me how much better the matches are. The fatal fourway for the Women's Championship was longer than the past months worth of Divas matches on RAW and Smackdown combined, and ten times better.

They're actually given time to have a proper match instead of some ###### 2-3 minutes. also, NXT isn't filled with overdrawn in-ring promos and backstage crap, like the "board meeting" tonight. I'm actually sure that if given the time, the divas from Raw and Smackdown could put on some great matches.

Raw and Smackdown are only there to sell merch, push the WWE Network, and hype up whatever the next pay-per-view happens to be at the time, each show is a just long commercial with a few wrestling matches tossed in.

• Like 2