The Big Wrestling Thread!

They're actually given time to have a proper match instead of some ###### 2-3 minutes. also, NXT isn't filled with overdrawn in-ring promos and backstage crap, like the "board meeting" tonight. I'm actually sure that if given the time, the divas from Raw and Smackdown could put on some great matches.

Raw and Smackdown are only there to sell merch, push the WWE Network, and hype up whatever the next pay-per-view happens to be at the time, each show is a just long commercial with a few wrestling matches tossed in.

Totally agree. Back in the day, they used to be able to have the "cutscenes" and still put on one helluva show. It changed so much when they went to this PG garbage.

On a side note, Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens....HOLY CRAP!

• Like 2

What I would like to know is, why are the matches on NXT so much better than on RAW or Smackdown? I am watching NXT Takeover Rivals on the WWE Network, and it floors me how much better the matches are. The fatal fourway for the Women's Championship was longer than the past months worth of Divas matches on RAW and Smackdown combined, and ten times better.

I agree about the women's matches.  I am so disappointing in how Paige and Emma are having to "wrestle" after seeing some of their matches in NXT.  It is like night and day!  If those two were allowed to go at it like in NXT, they would put all the main Divas to shame.

What I would like to know is, why are the matches on NXT so much better than on RAW or Smackdown

One word: Audience.

The audience for Raw/Smackdown is a demographic that the WWE feels want to be "entertained".

The audience for NXT is a demographic that WWE feel want to watch wrestling.

Im more bored with raw and SD... so they are terrible when aiming for entertainment 

No, they are terrible when aiming to entertain YOU.  The figures show, they are still entertaining (and selling merchandise) to millions.

Wow, never heard about that before. Haven't seen the match, either - seems it was during the time I stopped watching WWE - but I've found it on YouTube...

AMAZING

Man, he's truly amazing on the mic. WWE should just give him the ball and see where it goes from there. I don't know if a world title will ever go his way, but man he deserves it. I didn't even know him and Goldy split (haven't really watched in about 2 months or so) so yeah. I'd imagine they will have a "finish the fued" at Wrestlemania and then Cody/Stardust can go from there.

I hope he stays a face though, he's amazing as a face in the Stardust character lol he's NUTS

Man, he's truly amazing on the mic. WWE should just give him the ball and see where it goes from there. I don't know if a world title will ever go his way, but man he deserves it. I didn't even know him and Goldy split (haven't really watched in about 2 months or so) so yeah. I'd imagine they will have a "finish the fued" at Wrestlemania and then Cody/Stardust can go from there.

I hope he stays a face though, he's amazing as a face in the Stardust character lol he's NUTS

The breakup only happened last week, then the match between them got hastily added to the Fastlane card. (Pretty sure Stardust's now a heel, too.)

Wrestling fans worldwide are abuzz this week after it was confirmed that, after decades of anticipation, the dream match between Terra Ryzing and Blade Runner Flash will finally be held at WWE WrestleMania this March.

The showdown, which is being promoted as

WHY BROCK LESNAR DIDN'T APPEAR ON RAW

By Mike Johnson on 2015-02-24 15:56:50

As reported last night in the PWInsider Elite section, WWE World Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was backstage at Raw but was not used. Lesnar flew on his private plane to Nashville for the taping earlier in the day on Monday.

According to those who saw him backstage yesterday, Lesnar was obviously angry about something and one source claimed he walked out of the taping before it ended.

There are different stories making the rounds, but PWInsider.com has been told it was not something on the creative end that set Lesnar off, but something regarding his business relationship with WWE. No one we spoke with was willing to elaborate beyond that, but several made it clear it had nothing to do with any planned booking.

Vince McMahon acknowledged the issue during a Smackdown production meeting today, a source claimed, but did not elaborate on the issue. Lesnar has returned home to Minnesota and is not backstage at Smackdown.

Lesnar is not advertised to appear again for WWE until the 3/9 Raw taping in Pittsburgh, PA, which gives WWE several weeks to work out whatever the issue is.

If and when we confirm additional details, we will update.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/91854/why-brock-lesnar-didnt-appear-on-raw.html?p=1