The Big Wrestling Thread!

453 mile trip home. Never forget your roots, stay hungry #RoadWarrior #DesireDedicationHardWork #M #TTChamp #StateOfTheArt

Man, he's truly amazing on the mic. WWE should just give him the ball and see where it goes from there. I don't know if a world title will ever go his way, but man he deserves it. I didn't even know him and Goldy split (haven't really watched in about 2 months or so) so yeah. I'd imagine they will have a "finish the fued" at Wrestlemania and then Cody/Stardust can go from there.

I hope he stays a face though, he's amazing as a face in the Stardust character lol he's NUTS

They haven't been faces in a year. Goldust is now.

Saw this last night...

WARNING: it's not pretty; more like a one-sided MMA match than a wrestling match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA-JuRUf_EM

If you've seen the pictures, you know how severe her injuries were. According to this: https://www.facebook.com/shungo.oyama/posts/857024061024749 she has several broken facial bones (nose, cheek, orbital) and possibly a detached retina. She will definitely need surgery and a long recovery.

She just updated her blog and twitter and is both cheerful and apologetic for "letting her fans down" and asks not to think badly of Stardom and its wrestlers for the incident. She says she will come back stronger than ever. Her eyes were both completely swollen shut so her mom had to type out her blog post for her. She is totally blind right now and based on her past history, its unclear if she will ever have sight in her right eye again.

Yoshiko has been forced to resign by Stardom and obviously stripped of her championship.

If you've never read her English interview/bio please check it out to see her amazing and tragic life story. Also give her some encouragement on twitter if you can.

During the press conference (Where they announced Yoshiko was fired/stripped of the title) Stardom said Yoshiko's motivation was that she was upset she was booked to lose the championship to Act. She was jealous of her popularity despite not being the most talented wrestler and missing a ton of time due to injuries/illness, while Yoshiko is very talented and never misses time and has been with Stardom since its inception. She is also really young (21) so not very mature. Not that this is any justification for her actions whatsoever, but it explains her motivations. The fact that a Japanese wrestling promotion would break kayfabe like this shows how serious this is.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2wuafs/update_on_act_yasukawa_after_being_hospitalized/

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I can't believe that promotion allowed it to continue after the first time the ref stopped her. 

Apparently, Stardom's owner is to blame there; I saw this on another thread...

The ref asked Stardom's owner, who was at ringside, if they should stop the match but he ordered it to continue (which it did, until Kimura threw the towel in for Act).

What the ######? I was hearing some good things about Stardom lately but now, forget it. Also, that's pretty screwed up that Act couldn't even type out her blog post when HER EYES WERE SWOLLEN SHUT. Good job Yoshiko.