[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

Seems to be true...

1612: HOLA ESPANYOL

Liverpool full-back Steve Finnan has signed for Spanish side Espanyol on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee. We have yet to hear that Albert Riera has completed his move.

Well let me settle in, won't you? Liverpool's Ukraine striker Andriy Voronin has swapped Merseyside for the Bundesliga with a season-long loan to Hertha Berlin. This is going to be electric isn't it?

1642: Lots of texts flying in that Berbatov is at Manchester UNITED'S Carrington training ground. Told you he wouldn't go to City (probably).

(from bbc's page)

last time i checked, the 2 training areas aren't exactly miles apart :p

I have heard on the rumor mill that Santa Cruz will be coming to Ashburton Grove for the up and coming season.
Ronaldo is going to Madrid, Lampard to Internationale.
Arsenal will soon announce the signing of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry.

Just a few Lee.

Another twist in the berbatov saga...

1654: Oh for crying out loud. Now all the chat is that Real Madrid are hoping to hijack City and United with a ?36.5m bid for Berbatov.

Going off topic.. :pacifier:

IT was all going so well for Barcelona ? a string of impressive victories in pre-season and ?75m spent on new signings ? just a shame the league had to start. New coach Pep Guardiola's team showed the same frailties that blighted last season, blowing a host of chances yesterday in a 1-0 defeat to penniless Numancia, who spent exactly ?75m less than Barca in the summer.

1707: PREMIER LEAGUE DEAL

Blackburn complete the signing of hugely promising young goalkeeper Mark Bunn from League One side Northampton Town.

1710: Ridiculous. Manchester City's prospective new owner Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim has revealed he has made bids for Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez. Can someone remind City they are not Real Madrid? Meanwhile, Madrid have not given up on Villa and appear to have entered the race for Berbatov. Best deadline day ever?

1713: Fact time: Manchester United have been speaking to Dimitar Berbatov. Classic United, this. They'll agree terms, get him to sign a medical and then force Spurs to accept a lower bid for him as the clock ticks towards midnight. Allegedly

1718: "Berbatov's missus (who is well fit) has just told Bulgarian TV he wants to win the Champions League this season. This would seem to rule out City."

Al, Stockport, via text

Edited by gregb0b

Surprise bid for Berbatov. Southampton have offered 40 million for him along with the keys to St Mary's as they can't afford the 40 million in cash :p

Seriously. I hope Berbatov goes to Man Utd. It would be funny if he goes to Man City but i think he'll be a better player at Man Utd. Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez, I don't think there could be a more powerful attack

Surprise bid for Berbatov. Southampton have offered 40 million for him along with the keys to St Mary's as they can't afford the 40 million in cash :p

Seriously. I hope Berbatov goes to Man Utd. It would be funny if he goes to Man City but i think he'll be a better player at Man Utd. Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez, I don't think there could be a more powerful attack

Oh yes there can be... Berbatov, David Villa and Mario Gomez. lol

cmon City!!!! :D

17.04 Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed to Sky Sports News that Andrei Arshavin will not leave the club before Monday's transfer deadline.

17.02Sky Sports News understands that Dimitar Berbatov is currently holding talks with Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, although reports in Spain claim Real Madrid are set to make a ?36million bid.