[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

You know West Ham won't sign anyone before the close of the window.

Sshhh! You weren't meant to say that! :p

Sshhh! You weren't meant to say that! :p

I know but its the reality and after a win like todays he will say he has the complete squad.

roman_pavlyuchenko405.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement to sign Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko from Spartak Moscow.

The 26-year-old arrives at White Hart Lane for a reported fee of ?12m.

Pavlyuchenko, who had already confirmed the deal was "practically settled" earlier in the week, was Russia's top scorer at Euro 2008.

He scored three goals as they reached the semi-finals, and also netted twice in a 2-1 win over England in a qualifying match in October 2007.

"Everything has happened very quickly so I could not even say goodbye to my team-mates," Pavlyuchenko said before leaving Russia to sign his contract in London.

"I could not decide if I wanted to go to England at first - first yes, then no," he added.

"The only thing that stopped me from leaving was my family. But now all doubts are behind me and I decided to sign a contract with Tottenham."

I have a source about the Quaresma deal, but I can't say who or what.

Basically, the transfer is 90% sure to go through, it was all agreed but Inter are now being silly and are trying to bargain Porto down now.

You heard it here first two months ago ;)

Porto have announced that they have reached an agreement to sell Ricardo Quaresma to Inter Milan.

The deal for Quaresma brings to an end a lengthy transfer saga and the fee could rise to as much as ?25million (?20million) depending upon the winger's performances over the next three years.

Portugal international Quaresma is to undergo a medical at Giuseppe Meazza on Monday morning before putting pen-to-paper on a reported four-year contract.

A statement on Porto's official website read: "Porto has reached an agreement with Inter Milan for the transfer of professional footballer Ricardo Quaresma."

Inter's Portuguese midfielder Pele will move in the opposite direction as part of the transfer.

Quaresma's switch to Italy had looked in doubt after Inter president Massimo Moratti recently announced the club did not need Quaresma, but it now appears set to be completed.

BIIIIIIIG NEWS!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :wacko:

Manchester City are understood to have tabled a ?30million bid for Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov.

According to Sky Sports News, City launched their audacious attempt to sign the Bulgarian from under the noses of city rivals United just hours after it was confirmed that the club had been bought by an Abu Dhabi investment group.

With United apparently reluctant to meet Spurs' ?30million valuation of their want-away striker and Spurs equally reluctant to do business with the Premiership champions, City's bid may scupper the widely-held expectation that Berbatov would move to Old Trafford before the transfer deadline closes later tonight.

However, with the player reputedly intent on joining United, it remains to be seen whether he can be persuaded to sign for City even if Spurs accept their bid.

They are giving spurs exactly what they want...its ludicrous to be honest.

In other news George McCartney on his way to Sunderland for ?6m.

I just heard this. I don't know why they spend so much on one player. If i was a manager i'd spread the money throughout the squad and strengthen every area. ?30million + for Berbatov is ridiculous.

RUMOURS!!! RUMOURS!! RUMOURS!!! :)

If Alexey Smertin can get a work permit, he'll join Cardif City on loan from Fulham.

Everton could be looking to bring in former Liverpool striker and current Newcastle United star Michael Owen

Want to be stunned? Aston Villa are being linked with West Ham striker Dean Ashton

Paulo Ferreira is reportedly in talks for a move across London to West Ham.

Florent Malouda could be making a shock move to Newcastle United if you believe reports out there.

It looks like Xabi Alonso won't be leaving Liverpool.

BBC are reporting its been agreed fee wise but Spurs have said its not true so who to believe?

Both BBC and Sky are saying its happening... so my guess is Spurs are trying to keep it silent.. but its going forward

Yeah but you know what agents will do, say its done so another club can come in for another bid until anyone see's Berbatov holding up Man City shirt its not done.

Something for the Blues fans!!!

Real Madrid will not be signing David Villa and will not be selling Robinho after club president Ram?n Calder?n announced that there would be no transfer activity at the Bernab?u.

Source: Goal.com

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=189864

"Berbatov is set to be re-united at club level with his Bulgaria international team-mate Martin Petrov, now that wages of ?150,000 per week have been agreed.

More to follow..."

Anyone know how accurate fansfc.com actually is though?

bbc / sky reported that mark hughes was to meet him later in the day to discuss personal terms so i doubt its true

Something for the Blues fans!!!
Real Madrid will not be signing David Villa and will not be selling Robinho after club president Ram?n Calder?n announced that there would be no transfer activity at the Bernab?u.

Source: Goal.com

hasn't villa signed a new contract tod:p? :p

Everton have completed the signing of Louis Saha after the Frenchman successfully passed a medical.

Manchester United accepted an undisclosed fee for the injury-prone striker last week and he has now made his switch to Goodison Park.

Saha has agreed a two-year contract with the Toffees, with the option of a further 12 months.

Also, Spurs have completed Corluka deal..