[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

yeah right henry is going to join Man U. YOu really think he would do that after his time and love for wagner. The only way i could see this happening if Wagner gives his blessing...

I doubt it too, It'll be interesting to see see if barca play him tonight in their CL game against Krakow.

United close in on Berbatov

Dimitar Berbatov expects to be a Manchester United player within the next 48 hours. The Bulgarian striker has told his Tottenham team-mates that he is on his way to Old Trafford. The ?25million deal ends a year-long pursuit of the player by United boss Alex Ferguson. As we reported on Saturday, United were confident the deal would be done by the end of this week. Now the Champions hope to unveil him as their new signing in time to be eligible for their big kick-off against Newcastle on Sunday. Berbatov, 27, feared the deal might be off when reports surfaced of possible United moves for Thierry Henry at Barcelona and Valencia?s David Villa. But Berbatov was always Ferguson?s No1 one target. He has had three bids rejected ? last summer, in the New Year and at the end of this season.

Neil Custis, The Sun

Virtually every tabloid and broadsheet says the same, with varying transfer fees quoted, with the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph saying United will pay ?28m.

yeah right henry is going to join Man U. YOu really think he would do that after his time and love for wagner. The only way i could see this happening if Wagner gives his blessing...

It's 'Wenger' not Wagner. Show some respect.

Henry, was an Arsenal player; who he signs for has no concern for anyone else except him.

Like Anelka, he was raised by Arsenal, then decided through greed to leave.

He has nearly played for all the premiership clubs.

^ i could care less what his name is.... and he has played for one premeirship team, you know what, i hope he does go to man u so all you arsenal fans hate him

Chelsea yet again taking the **** giving a 30yr old a 5yr big money contract!

5 years was a bit strong.

I would have thought Chelsea would had offered maybe 2 years tops.

Rafa Benitez threatened to quit as Liverpool manager in a furious response to being denied the chance to sign Gareth Barry.

Believing his judgment in the transfer market had been called into question by American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, Benitez was on the point of walking away from Anfield, until being talked out of it by friends.

Opening up on the Barry saga, Benitez absolved himself of blame for failing to land the England midfielder but still found himself saddled with another unhappy player over Liverpool?s summer-long transfer stand-off with Aston Villa.

Source: Daily Mail online

^ i could care less what his name is.... and he has played for one premeirship team, you know what, i hope he does go to man u so all you arsenal fans hate him

Might I remind everyone of this...

Thierry Henry insists Arsenal remain the "only team in his heart", despite reports this morning that claim the Barcelona forward is ?15million summer transfer target for Kevin Keegan, the Newcastle United manager.

"There's only one team in England for me," he told BBC's Football Focus. "Everybody knows the love and affection I have for Arsenal. I was so into it, I became a fan. There has been since I arrived here [barcelona] a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where? There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant."

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3814356.ece

So ,

1) Its not coz of Arsene Wenger its coz he loves Arsenal.. just like all of us who love to see the "beautiful game" being played the way its supposed to be... so anyone in EPL willing to sign Henry.. dream on!

and

2) This was just a Alex Ferguson stunt to get Berbatov from Spurs.. appearently it didnt work.. coz well the bluff atleast has to be believable.. btw Spurs put a ?30M tag on Berbatov. Sign him now Fergi:D:D

Of course no one mentioned Newcastle finishing the signing of Fabricio Coloccini =/

He's a good player so he is a good signing (Y)

The Premier League has confirmed the first transfer deadline of the season has been extended until 1 September.

The window is scheduled to close 24 hours earlier but, following normal league guidelines, it has been put back because August 31 falls on a Sunday.

The move has been agreed between the Premier League, Football League and Football Association.

Once the deadline passes, teams will then have to wait until January 2009 to sign players from other clubs.

Arsenal were closing in last night on the most surprising transfer deal of the summer after making a firm approach to Manchester United about Mika?l Silvestre. The France defender had been expected to join either Manchester City or Sunderland this week after falling surplus to Sir Alex Ferguson?s requirements at Old Trafford, but instead, at the age of 31, he has been offered the chance to revive his career at the Emirates Stadium.

/b>Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4569468.ece

I was hoping for Veloso coming in at this positi:( :(

if you get him for cheap why not? i still think he has something left in him

I dont know man.. i've seen him give away penalties and get sent off far too many times to be comfortable with him coming to Emirates.. I don't think he has much left.. he hasnt seen much first team action lately for Man Utd and France.. :huh:

Cisse has gone to Sunderland! Really looking forward to seeing him back in the Prem :D :D :D

I always rated Cisse....in fm but not in real life but lets hope Keane gets the best out of him.