Euro 2008

Turkey will crash and destroy czech republic today........

just watch Arda Turan and see that he is the best player in the tournament...

:rofl: Have you even watched any of the others players?

Such a bold statement.

What players have impressed people so far then?

Sneijder, Deco, Kuyt and Villa have been awesome in my opinion so far.

Such a bold statement.

He's got form with outlandish statements about Turkey, flick back a few pages.

That is not the point. The point is that Greece's opponents want to play football and Greece doesn't play football. Greece sits in the back for 80 minutes defending and passing the ball back and forth to and from their goalie. If their opponents do not pressure them, which Sweden didn't, then they do not come forward which is why they were boo'd nearly all game.

Greece is a good team, believe it or not. If their coach actually had a gameplan instead of just defending, they would get far. They showed today that they can play some good football but when its not a must-win game, they do not play like they did today. They will settle for a 0-0 draw.

Much the same could be said that Spain played a very boring game as well. While they may not have been passing it around the back, they had so many unneeded passes it was pathetic. And in the end, what did their game plan net them. Absolutely nothing. They had 1 goal off of a set piece, and another off the long ball. All of their pretty, flaired passing came to naught.

LOL! Please, look at this;
Arda Turan

Appearances: 1

Mins. Played: 95

Total goals scored: 1

Total shots: 2

Fouls committed: 3

Yellow cards: 0

Total passes: 28

Passes completed: 61%

And now check, for instance this;

Wesley Sneijder

Appearances: 2

Mins. Played: 186

Total goals scored: 2

Total shots: 9

Fouls committed: 4

Yellow cards: 0

Total passes: 96

Passes completed: 82%

While I'm not deliberately saying Sneijder is the best man in the tournament, no one can deny based on the number that he's been playing better - also more visually appealing. And I could name a couple of others as well.

With the comment you have about England in your sig, combined with the above, it is blindingly obvious that you sir, know nothing about football.

I think that overall, I'd have to say Sneijder is man of the tourney so far. He has scored a couple of great goals, and been greatly involved in all other aspects of the Dutch games.

:laugh:

The Portugal game is rather boring which is justified by Portugal playing 8 bench players.

Let me tell you, Turkey is kicking some Czech butt tonight...:laugh:

The Portugal game is rather boring which is justified by Portugal playing 8 bench players.

Let me tell you, Turkey is kicking some Czech butt tonight...:laugh:

Not really :p Koller is playing great for once :D

whats the name of the song that plays in the background off the crowd when somebody scores?

the DU DU DU DU DU DDU DU DU DU DU DU! one

its ok i found it

Bellini - Samba De Janeiro

As far as I see the Czech are completely demolishing Turkey, the score doesn't show it but Turkey doesn't seem to be able to get anything going.

With the comment you have about England in your sig, combined with the above, it is blindingly obvious that you sir, know nothing about football.

well he knows something about football because england is a serious underperformer when it comes to international stage. It makes me very proud to be from and cheering for croatia as they were the one to throw england out of the tournament even though that particular game didn't mean anything to croatia.

We are already won the group and besides we have a crapload of Portuguese people living on Switzerland. The swiss aren't going to the next phase so we just aren't trying to be bad guys (<.< it sensored d-i-c-k-h-e-a-d-s, is it such bad word?) and instead we are simply having fun, also it's good for the other guys on our team to play a bit, i think.