New Macbook in August?

Citing "sources close to Intel", TGDaily claims that Intel will be delaying their Montevina notebook platform until July 14th, with a full line of chipsets not shipping for "a couple of weeks later". The reasons for the delay are believed to include FCC certification holdups as well as integrated graphic chip failures.

Apple followers have been paying attention to the Montevina release as a possible marker for the next MacBook revision. Apple last updated the MacBook in February of this year. The latest rumors have pointed to the 3rd Quarter of 2008 (July-September) as the delivery timeframe for the next MacBook.

Intel's Montevina revision promises Mac users a faster front side bus and faster Penryn processors over the existing designs.

Source: Link (Macrumors)

Being a student, I was hoping to get a Macbook (2.4GHz), as I was also getting a free ipod touch.

Do u guys think it is better to wait for this Macbook, which may include these new processors, as the 'Back to school' offer ends on Sept 15.

Thanks.

There will always be new Macs right around the corner (well except for the mini) if you can wait for a month or two and see what happens then do it. I often find that these small increases that they offer aren't worth the wait if you really need it. I would say that the avg. user wouldn't even notice it.

There will always be new Macs right around the corner (well except for the mini) if you can wait for a month or two and see what happens then do it. I often find that these small increases that they offer aren't worth the wait if you really need it. I would say that the avg. user wouldn't even notice it.

Well I'm okay with the wait, and also I'm getting a Mac for the first time so I'm more of a avg user i guess. :)

So.. i guess i'll go with the purchase now and learn the Mac before my school begins.

Any more thoughts?

the 'Back to school' offer ends on Sept 15.

Given Apple uses the BTS special to reduce inventory of old models...when do you think the new one will be released? ;)

Given Apple uses the BTS special to reduce inventory of old models...when do you think the new one will be released? ;)

I was about to say the exact same thing.

Just go ahead and get the one on the market right now. I made up my mind to get one in april and heard the rumors that the new macbooks are around the corner so i decided to wait. But after a month and more of waiting i couldnt handle it and just went ahead and bought the mid range macbook the one between macbook and macbook black.

I dont think that when the begin to offer the new processor it would make such a big difference to an average user like you or me. This was my first mac notebook and i havent played with mine much but whatever time i could spend on it, it just proved to be an awesome beast. So go ahead and get it beside you wont get a free ipod touch later on. Hit 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

Cheers

Just go ahead and get the one on the market right now. I made up my mind to get one in april and heard the rumors that the new macbooks are around the corner so i decided to wait. But after a month and more of waiting i couldnt handle it and just went ahead and bought the mid range macbook the one between macbook and macbook black.

I dont think that when the begin to offer the new processor it would make such a big difference to an average user like you or me. This was my first mac notebook and i havent played with mine much but whatever time i could spend on it, it just proved to be an awesome beast. So go ahead and get it beside you wont get a free ipod touch later on. Hit 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

Cheers

Well said.

The main reason I would wait is because the revisions this time around are supposed to be significant, not so much on the processor front, but the actual hardware, new enclosures, keyboards, possibly screens. All those factor into one badass machine. I personally would wait, but I also have 2x24" top end iMacs, so wtf do I need a laptop for :s

The main reason I would wait is because the revisions this time around are supposed to be significant, not so much on the processor front, but the actual hardware, new enclosures, keyboards, possibly screens. All those factor into one badass machine. I personally would wait, but I also have 2x24" top end iMacs, so wtf do I need a laptop for :s

It all depends on what the specific end user wants. :)

As of right now there is nothing aside from a few rumors hinting to a refresh of that magnitude before the end of the year... Only Apple can say for certain and I doubt anyone is talking about this. ;) (I know I'm not yet.)

well thanks everyone :)

I guess I'll go with the purchase now, as surely it won't make a big difference to me, as from what I'm hearing right now... this Macbook will go on for years to come without any hickups :D ( i really hope so :-s )..

all in all..

I'm purchasing a Macbook :D for the first time.. but still can't wait :D

well thanks everyone :)

I guess I'll go with the purchase now, as surely it won't make a big difference to me, as from what I'm hearing right now... this Macbook will go on for years to come without any hickups :D ( i really hope so :-s )..

all in all..

I'm purchasing a Macbook :D for the first time.. but still can't wait :D

Look forward to seeing it, as with all new Apple users...Unboxing Pictures are a Must, delivery guy pictures are a bonus. ;)

Look forward to seeing it, as with all new Apple users...Unboxing Pictures are a Must, delivery guy pictures are a bonus. ;)

lol.. sure ;) i hope im at home at the time of delivery :D:D

^ There's nothing like unboxing something from Apple. As soon as I see that "Designed by Apple in California" I get all giddy :p I know its sad, but I don't care dammit!

^ There's nothing like unboxing something from Apple. As soon as I see that "Designed by Apple in California" I get all giddy :p I know its sad, but I don't care dammit!

You'd think with as much hardware as I deal with...but still I get that warm fuzzy when I open a new box. ;)

Thanks Cara, I was already going to say "new Macbooks Sept. 16" and I'm 95% sure of this.

My bet is around 22nd, I've heard that date somewhere and I can't remember why.

Well I suspect they will release them in the same event as the iPods which are released usually at the end of September, so it seems like a very likely date, but its not a tuesday?!

Well I suspect they will release them in the same event as the iPods which are released usually at the end of September, so it seems like a very likely date, but its not a tuesday?!

True...the 23rd then?

True...the 23rd then?

Oh come on, you've lost your credibility ^_^

You would never give this kind of information to us, wouldn't you?

You'll wait till September? Good luck, I know I couldn't handle it.

If it's for university, no problem

PURE speculation!

She won't bring her job in jeopardy and it's her right. I think Cara has helped us a lot down the way here in the Mac section.

She won't bring her job in jeopardy and it's her right. I think Cara has helped us a lot down the way here in the Mac section.

Some people take things so seriously...