Battlefield Bad Company

I have to post this...hope you guys find some humor in it, I know I did...

I found a new hiding spot tonight. Was playing a round of Conquest with .Kick and a buddy of mine earlier. I somehow managed to hide behind the concrete base of the Flag on top of the hill on Ascension while 2 of the opponents were firing at me. One of the guys pulled out a rocket, shot it at me, hit the base of the flagpole, somehow managed to teamkill the other guy as well, and while he was reloading, I popped up and took him out...I couldnt stop laughing.

I can just imagine how many expletives much have been coming out of that guys mouth at that moment. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

New maps for Conquest mode. They still need to fix the problems in multiplayer first, but new maps are a nice to have.

8/29/2008

Starting today we open up the possibility to vote to determine which two single player levels will be turned into unique maps for the multiplayer Conquest mode. This vote gives players the chance to revisit popular locations from the single player campaign, such as the golf course in Par For the Course, now in an intense multiplayer match. The two maps with the most votes by Tuesday, September 2nd will win. In addition, the Bad Company team at DICE will also choose an additional two maps for the Conquest mode. That makes FOUR new maps available to download for free this fall.

Vote Link

Website

I finished the SP game, and quite frankly there are no levels where I would say categorically that it would make a good MP map :( perhaps with the exception of the mansion map, but that would not really offer a good conquest mode.

TBH, most of the levels are just a rehash of the MP levels anyway.

Just got an I find it well kind of uneventful. To many areas of nothingness and just plain empty sites. The guns are fun to use and blowing stuff up was fun for awhile. But after 3 hours of just blowing holes in the walls on SP it got boring very quickly. I am going to check out multiplayer tomorrow and see how I like it.

Btw, I don't get much money anymore so it took me awhile to finally get ahold of this.

Battlefield games are best when you play them online :yes: The SP is always kind of lacking (N) However, Bad Company they did go a bit further this time around, although it's still not going to win any awards.

Just got an I find it well kind of uneventful. To many areas of nothingness and just plain empty sites. The guns are fun to use and blowing stuff up was fun for awhile. But after 3 hours of just blowing holes in the walls on SP it got boring very quickly. I am going to check out multiplayer tomorrow and see how I like it.

Btw, I don't get much money anymore so it took me awhile to finally get ahold of this.

I never played the SP more than 2 hours. But the MP really fulfilled almost my enitre summer

September 9th News Update

We’d like to update everyone on what is happening with Bad Company and its continued future.

As you all know, we have announced a new map pack in the works based on votes from the community - golf carts anyone? The voting closed last Tuesday and work began immediately on the new map pack. See the results here: http://badcompany.ea.com/castyourvote/

The upcoming release isn’t the only thing happening on the Battlefield: Bad Company side of things here at DICE. We have been paying attention to the feedback on the forums, and are working on some fixes and additions to the game. These changes will happen at the same time the new maps are available.

Priority fixes

Server Lag –Our #1 priority. The game servers were upgraded last week to improve performance.

Dog Tag Lag – The next update will include a fix for this issue

PS3 VOiP – We are still looking into this issue. Sony’s 2.42 Update should have addressed the majority of issues. Please let us know if you are still experiencing muted sound.

Additions enhancing the game

PS3 Trophy support - Yes you read correctly, PS3 Trophy support will be coming to Bad Company

Game Tweaks –

Removed one hit kills for knife against Friendlies

Bullets and knives go through bushes

After sprinting, you will be able to fire your weapon quicker

Helicopter can take damage from multiple trees

Additional minor tweaks to improve gameplay

Unlocking 3 weapons for all

And last, but not least we are excited to share that very soon we will make the Pre-order weapon, Newsletter sign-up weapon and Demo weapon available to everyone playing Battlefield: Bad Company for free.

Source

Bah, it mentions PS3 but can only assume that Xbox 360 will get some maps and fixes also.

Pre-Order weapon will be unlocked also :D

Sprinting then gunning should be quicker, I know that annoyed several people!

I really hope those are not the only fixes as it needs more than that tbh. Where's the splash damage fix :(

Should inject some more life into the game when released though (Y)

The splash damage isn't broken. It's how it was designed, so obviously they won't be 'fixing' it.

How can you say that :| Pretty stupid design, 'I know, lets have it so people can survive running over grenades and being hit by rockets unless the rocket hits them directly in the face' :rolleyes:

They need to fix the squad system also, always messes up most times.

September 9th News Update

Source

Bah, it mentions PS3 but can only assume that Xbox 360 will get some maps and fixes also.

Pre-Order weapon will be unlocked also :D

Sprinting then gunning should be quicker, I know that annoyed several people!

I really hope those are not the only fixes as it needs more than that tbh. Where's the splash damage fix :(

Should inject some more life into the game when released though (Y)

Thanks for the update.

Well, it may possibly be in the fix, but nothing was said about finally fixing the issue with splitting the squads up between teams.

It should be in the fix, they based the whole game off squads and it doesn't even work properly so if they don't fix that then they have some serious issues!

Oops I just noticed that you posted the same thing about squads as I was typing my response.

Nah dont fix it..."just wait a few rounds, it'll eventually work itself out" ;)

Oops I just noticed that you posted the same thing about squads as I was typing my response.

Yup, we always say that and it never happens , well maybe 1 out of 10 times it does! Getting sick of being squandered up with Germans and what not! :p

There you go, that's the perfect example of an EA fix :p Except it doesn't work (again a typical EA fix?) as we all know from out past endeavours :(