Battlefield Bad Company

so glad they're fixing the sprinting/firing issue. out of all things...that was one of my biggest complaints.

you know...thinking about it...I should have exploited that bug for all that it was worth. I should have gone on a knifing spree with sprinters when I was playing the game heavily.

also, why should they fix the ps3 voip problem anyway when the players don't use a headset anyway?

just kidding...just wanted to add a small zinger.

Free guns if you didn't get them before!

We are now giving away the 3 weapons originally awarded to those who pre-ordered, signed up to our newsletter and played the demo. The weapons are free, all you need to do is go to the unlock page in the menu and input the following codes:

Recon Kit - QBU88 - your3mynextt4rget

Special Ops Kit - UZI - cov3r1ngthecorn3r

Support Kit - M60 - try4ndrunf0rcov3r

We feel it is time that everybody gets to use these great guns on the battlefield, as it is no longer possible to play the demo or pre-order the game. Of course you are still welcome to sign up to the newsletter here: http://preferences.fun.ea.com/ea/mf_BattlefieldBC.asp

To add to the action, the USAS12 weapon for the Demolition kit awarded for checking out your stats on the website is actually also available by using a code, but we challenge you to figure out how to unlock some of that awesome firepower on your own.

The weapon awarded to our now over 200,000 Battlefield Veterans will remain exclusive. We want to ensure our Vets are rewarded for their loyalty with this final weapon unlock.

It easy to join the Veteran?s program, sign up here: http://veteran.battlefield.com/

Tonight marks a sad day my fellow gamers who I thoroughly enjoyed playing Bad Company with...

I sent back my copy of Bad Company to GameFly after all of this time. Hence, I never wound up purchasing it...

I loved the game, I truly did, but I just know so many titles are coming out in the next few months that I never would have touched it again, and I am also freeing up my GameFly queue so I have Force Unleased and Brothers In Arms waiting for me when I get back from Europe, which I leave for in exactly 1 week.

I will miss this game, and I do think it wind up being a pretty overlooked game even though we had a strong little community amongst ourselves here, but it was time to move on.

So it indeed marks the end of an era. DL is done with Bad Company. :cry:

Obviously I am torn up about it, as I referred to myself in the third person, which I almost never, ever do. :p

wow larry, I've never seen you so overdramatic before.

oh well, at least me and the rest of the people in this thread will have fun blowing stuff up.

on a more serious side, I do think this game was really underrated...well...at least as far as the console market is concerned. most people got carried away comparing this game to COD4, and thus, never really enjoyed it like we did. I thought the game was fun. plain and simple. yes, you can't really kill people with one shot, and yes, the game did have bugs and quirks here and there, but it really fulfilled the void of other great games this past summer.

I will always remember this summer as the summer I played Bad Company and met half the population of NJ through Larry :p

Good times my friends, good times (Y)

Now we just need to find a replacement game :p

I will always remember this summer as the summer I played Bad Company and met half the population of NJ through Larry :p

Brothers in Arms!

Shame I never really played BC online, sounds like I was missing out ;) Single player kicked ass though.

Brothers in Arms!

Shame I never really played BC online, sounds like I was missing out ;) Single player kicked ass though.

Possibly! There is also Far Cry 2, I can see a lot of potential there for Neowin matches and creating maps together :yes:

Yeah you did end up meeting alot of people from NJ huh? :laugh:

Come on man, help out .KICK get to 25. :p

No, I still want to get to rank 25, anyone want to help me :cry:

Oh and cheers for the codes, should have all 5 weapons now I think.

If you want, I could be down for a few rounds later on tonight. I'll see if my buddy Brad wants in too. as he needs to rank up as well. Just not Conquest. That mode just sucks. And after Sunday, I'll be engrossed in RB2...so tonight/tomorrow is your last chance :laugh:

@Larry, just go buy it used... :p

@Larry, just go buy it used... :p

It would have only cost me 37 bucks through Gamefly, that is about the best price I would have gotten for it, but just like you said this Sunday RB2 takes over, I know in the next few months same thing will happen with me as well with other games

Larry, you can swing by Denmark and pick up my copy :rofl:

Damn, I am going to be pretty close to you, we start in Italy, then Germany and Amsterdam. I might have to do that!!!

I'm convinced Conquest Mode killed the game for Larry

Partly that, as I did have high hopes for it being the same game on the PC, and while it was damn close, it was not exact.

Honestly though thinking about it, I think the biggest thing were the maps. They were all good, but that is it, they were just good. None of them were great.

On the PC, no matter how many times I played it, Strike At Karkand was such a great map I always looked forward to playing it, in fact I would join servers that just ran that one map 24/7. There is no such map in Bad Company, nothing that was great, just good at best.

Partly that, as I did have high hopes for it being the same game on the PC, and while it was damn close, it was not exact.

Honestly though thinking about it, I think the biggest thing were the maps. They were all good, but that is it, they were just good. None of them were great.

On the PC, no matter how many times I played it, Strike At Karkand was such a great map I always looked forward to playing it, in fact I would join servers that just ran that one map 24/7. There is no such map in Bad Company, nothing that was great, just good at best.

Good call. I know I would say "I hate this map!!!" more than once while we were playing. Dont ever remember myself saying "Cant wait for (insert map here) to come up!"

I still want to try out the 2 new ones, especially since they are going to be free.

AJ, let's shoot people together while driving around in Golf Carts.

"RPG the 9th Hole!!!"

:laugh:

Have you made it to Par for the Course in SP? Those golf carts are shady. You breath the wrong way and they tip over. Just like the old Suzuki Samarui's back in the day. :p

Yeah, I can see it now, I shoot the RPG, the lack of splash damage doesn't take out a bad guy :laugh: , then that guy manages to kill me with a shotgun from across the map.

Looking forward to more fun times (Y)

No I only played about an hour of the SP...it just got boring for me. It would be really funny though seeing tons of people tip over a golf cart by steering the wrong way. Knifing heaven!

the NS200 shotgun is the death of me. I can never make an accurate shot with it, and everyone else seems to kill me with them.

:laugh:

Have you made it to Par for the Course in SP? Those golf carts are shady. You breath the wrong way and they tip over. Just like the old Suzuki Samarui's back in the day. :p

Yeah, I can see it now, I shoot the RPG, the lack of splash damage doesn't take out a bad guy :laugh: , then that guy manages to kill me with a shotgun from across the map.

Looking forward to more fun times (Y)

The Golf Carts handled fine for from what I remember. Hated them though because they got destroyed really quickly!

Can't wait for the new update myself (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

Four new free maps next month!!!

Battlefield: Bad Company is getting four free multiplayer maps in the next month. That comes from Major Nelson?s latest podcast ?blogcast.? The tidbit is in a 10-minute discussion with Gordon Van Dyke of developer DICE.

The maps are converted singleplayer levels from the game?s campaign mode, tuned up for conquest mode, Gordon says.

The rest of the zunecast "blogcast" deals with the GTA IV Live Weekend (about to expire) and about 30 minutes of major Zune pimpage, including a not-so-arch remark about how well it works with the 360 and how "other devices" don't because they "changed their protocol." Who knows, maybe all this cross-marketing is Microsoft tipping its hand toward bringing Zune Marketplace to Xbox Live. Remember, both services are down at the same time, beginning at 12:01 a.m. PDT tomorrow.

http://kotaku.com/5056012/news-about-bfbc-...late-about-zune

Thats funny, as I was just talking to Munky about this last night. We both were wondering when these were coming out...just seems/feels a bit late for Dice to try and breathe new life into this game though.

I think they were tapping our conversation :p :laugh:

And yeah like we were saying, it feels a bit late now with all the new autumn/winter titles releasing later this month. It's gonna be hard to keep people playing Battlefield with the likes of Gears of War / Far Cry etc.

Nice to see them keep it free though :yes:

I got tired quite quickly of MP, I completed SP on Hard I ejoyed it. I have enjoyed the MP for a little bit, but not interested in going back, so I am on the edge of selling/trading it in. with some excellent games coming out, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears of Wars 2, COD:WaW etc, I dont think I will go back to it.