Wall-E (2008)

I have to wait till August 14th for it to open here! Unbelievable!

People are already saying this is Pixar's best yet and some are proclaiming they can't possible top this. I'm sure some of you have watched it... but come on, no thread on Wall-E but there's one for Wanted already? Weigh in with your reviews people.

I thought it was definitely very cute, and worth the $10. I've been waiting for this movie since the irst teaser came out sooooo long ago. It's better than a lot of other family movies because it doesn't necessarily focus on being aimed at kids. I mean, that's obviously the key demographic, but there are minor political themes involved as well (think Wal-Mart will be taking over the world anyone?).

I was surprised that a smaller amount of the film was on Earth than I thought it was. The teasers and trailers everybody has seen online alreadyt is essentially most of the first 20-30 minutes. However, after that the rest of the film is Wall-E trying to rescue EVE on the space colony, and more resulting plot from the corporate takeover 700 years ago.

I don't know if this film would top Toy Story, however this is by far better than any other Pixar film created, and considering the quality of those, that is pretty good.

PS - I saw it at the 10PM showing, so i didn't have to deal with kids, it's slightly better that way. :D I saw Spongebob and Winnie the Pooh as well as tons of other films during matinee shows, and it's just annoying.

My wife thought the preview was cute, but from what I understand, it appears to be some sort of global warming / environmentalist movie.

And seriously...couldn't they be more original and not copy short circuit

wall-e-short-circuit1.jpg

I guess I'm too jaded to accept most movies at face value anymore with the stuff Hollywood has been coming out with.

C'mon Troll, you really don't think they simply copied Johnny Five do you?

Copied? Not in a plagiarism type sense. I just think the creation of the robot was very bland and that it could have been a bit more "modern" to the tune of something like I Robot for instance, that's all.

My wife thought the preview was cute, but from what I understand, it appears to be some sort of global warming / environmentalist movie.

I would actually say that the apparent environmental theme is indirect. That actual idea they are targeting is the rise of global corporate companies. Just look at how greedy the BnL company became, becoming one monopoly, even managing to hijack the United States (and the world's) government. They also managed to brainwash the population (not that we aren't so already) into becoming consumerist drones. Just look at all the fatties. As mentioned in the movie, tubbiness can occur when in space, but if subject to proper gravity (which I assumed they were looking at the physics inside the ship) this was another thing that the humans were subject to. Thus, the only environmental attack, is just that companies will destroy everything... But more than just the environment, everything we created as well.

Saw this on friday, really liked it (even though the dialog consisted 50% of "wall-e", 30% "eve", 20% real people talking :p) However didnt realize that till after the movie <.<

Saw this on friday, really liked it (even though the dialog consisted 50% of "wall-e", 30% "eve", 20% real people talking :p) However didnt realize that till after the movie <.<

Apparently there is essentially no dialog for the first 60 minutes making the film rather Chaplinesque.

I do agree that I was wondering the same thing. There's nothing really directly said about it though. If they had have said something, it would have ruined it for me, and that would have been a real shame.

Fortunately, they didn't and I'd put it up as one of my all time favorite movies. It was such a great movie -- I can't wait to go back and see it again. :)

Wow what a cute and original movie that was. I had some doubt that the movie would be too childish but it has so much humor in it and a good story. I can confidently say it was a 10/10. Also the Mac guys will like the Apple start up sound WALL-E dose when he is done charging up. Like me if you do not think you would like it I would say 9 out of 10 will and the movie looked so cool. Take the kids they will love it and everyone else.

It got a bit too preachy for me in the end...

Backdrop Story = 5/10

Wall-E and Eve = 10/10

Animation = Fantastic

There's nothing really directly said about it though. If they had have said something, it would have ruined it for me, and that would have been a real shame.

I disagree. All the humans were obese and acted like children while screaming "Go back to Earth to start farming like our ancestors!"

I saw the midnight showing of the movie. Best movie evar! Most of my friends liked Mo the most (Mo! mmmmMo!) but I liked EVE the most, her voice was sooo cute. (Wall-e!?)

The bunny mini-cartoon at the begining was pretty epic too.

I just think the creation of the robot was very bland and that it could have been a bit more "modern" to the tune of something like I Robot for instance, that's all.

I Robot? Then it wouldn't be a family movie.... :| I think WALL-E is cuter