Wall-E (2008)

Pixar have out done themselves again :)

"mu."

I liked it how all the robots started to go off their task a little :p (The receptionist for the deck)

^^ Yeah that was a nice addition to the film :)

Copied? Not in a plagiarism type sense. I just think the creation of the robot was very bland and that it could have been a bit more "modern" to the tune of something like I Robot for instance, that's all.

Bahaha, think about it logically, why would they make a really nice looking robot, spend lots on the exterior, then go and make it drive through rubbish. I'm just saying that what would be the point on them spending lots on a robot to clean up rubbish. Also there is another reason but it has spoilers.

If you had listened to the film you'd realise that these wall-e robots were 900 years old or something like that, so they wouldn't have looked as modern as the newer ones on the ship anyway.

A truly amazing film, Pixar really have surpassed all expectations with this masterpeice. My favourite Pixar film by a big margin.

I was grinning throughout the film. Each character was adorable, the story was incredibly mature (for a Pixar film) and the pace was percfect. Wall-E is awesome.

Can't wait for this on Blu-ray (Y)

5/5

edit: The Mac startup sound was a great little easter egg.

Saw this on Saturday night, in a reasonably full cinema.

Awesome movie, just beautiful, very well written, and animated :D

The points that the movie were trying to make regarding man's reliance on big corporate chains and our throw away lifestyle were actually rather well done, and not trying to be "preachy". Even though its set 700 years from now, the issues to do with humans being dumbed down by corporations and being too lazy to take care of themselves and look at their current environment (ie living in a space station getting driven around everywhere chatting on a video phone to someone beside them or the quote "wow i didnt know we had a pool" etc..).

I thought the love story between Wall-E and EVE was excellent, very very touching, with an almost child like innocence that worked on so many levels - definitely brought tears to my eyes at several points in the film - especially the ending :cry: .

Loved the movie, and would see it again, but for the fact I know how it all turns out, so I'll leave it a while until its on DVD or something. Just a beautiful movie, and would recommend it to everyone :D :yes:

Good movie, just something wierd about eve's scenes... some of them just screamed Nintendo's Mario 64 to me... how she moved around, how the camera followed her, etc...

I've been waiting for this for ages.

Can't believe it hasn't been released here in India yet. This is Ratatouille all over again. Movie releases in June, we wait until August or later to watch it. Damn.

I've seen it yesterday. pretty amazing movie.

loved how the earth looked like. from gfx, everything looked nice.

story itself is even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another 5/5 film in Pixar's book. Magical, sincere with a big dose of heart. As different as they are, TDK has met his match. In fact this trumps TDK as my favourite film of the year so far. Utterly magical.

The quality of Pixar's films have a very small range, it's either damn good or pretty damn brilliant. And once again Pixar show the other studios how to do an animated film. They dont make humour the essence of the film here, it's always about the story, the character, and how the characters and story are told such endearingly. That's not to say Wall-E isn't funny, it sure is but the funny is never the meat of the film, which is more than I can say of the works by the other studios, mostly a barrage of pop-culture references overwhelming the story-telling.

Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo and then Wall-E. I can't say just yet if Wall-E can beat Nemo as my favourite, but bravo Pixar, you truly are the best.

woot woot wall-e.

i watched the trailer for this movie so many times and hyped it up, that the movie kinda disappointed lolol. i'd give it a 8.5/10

I enjoyed the movie but for some reason it made me very sleepy. I should have been wide awake because I had an energy drink which I drank during the movie. :/

I liked this film, though is it just me or are they making animated films like Wall-E and the latest Simpsons film all about global warming etc??

I liked this film, though is it just me or are they making animated films like Wall-E and the latest Simpsons film all about global warming etc??

Wall-E was more about the negative aspects of megacorporations than global warming. In fact, the story shows that as long as we do a little bit to help it, even if the earth gets a lot worse, the earth will survive through whatever we throw at it.

• 2 months later...

I thought it was funny to see how human kind will change over the next 1000 years. All drinking out of cups, nobody walking, and so dependant on technology.

Really good movie, and great animation. I was surprised at how little dialogue was actually in the film, but they still got the message across on what the film was trying to accomplish. Definitely recommend watching this, and this is not only a kids movie, but for everyone (Y)

8/10

• 3 weeks later...

While the movie was cute & funny at time, I was terribly bored. Fell asleep at the last 10 minutes so I'll need to rewatch it.

I expected it to be a bit more better because of the reviews (96% on RT & 8.7 on IMDB), but I was let down.

Toy Story 1/2 are still my favorite Pixar movies.

6.5/10

Edited by Lqv2015

it's a 10/10, easily the best movie of the year (I guess along with the dark knight :p)

Anyway, it's funny that they criticize all this megacorporation thing. WHen I saw it in dublin this summer the movie was EVERYWHERE (buses, billboards, newspapers, etc).

movie is amazing, UNREAL in high def, best high def movie i have seen. picking up the blu ray for sure. It's a good deal too because you get a digtal copy as well thats 480p (itunes psp)

10/10

Edited by rajputwarrior