Boy Decapitated at Six Flags Amusement Park

It was a church group. They probably didn't allow science.

Hilarious :laugh:

A 17 year old doing this is unbelievable

Edited by Minimoose

It's idiots like this smart ass that make us teenagers look bad. So be it may he rest in pieces.

A church group went to the amusement park and a group of boys with the group jumped a fence and entered an area that was marked off limits.

What is it with Christians always feeling the need to 'test their faith'?

]Did the ppl on the ride know what happened like right wen it happened?

if i was stuck on that ride and just saw some guy get decapitated i would die myself.

Literly.

EW.

Ppl r going to need serious therapy. Esp the friend or friends that were with him. Some therapist will be very happy.

11alive.com has a bit more info on their site, I'll quote "According to the representatives at Six Flags, a 17-year old teenage boy jumped over two-six-feet tall fences into the ride area.

Some witnesses told police that the teen was trying to retrieve an item he lost during the ride.

Others, told authorities that the teen wanted to touch the ride."

11alive

that pretty much ends a chance of a lawsuit IMO, whether he left something there or did it as prank, he had to make an effort to get to that area, he jumped 2 fences so it wasn't an accident on his part, it was intent.

stupid or not I am sad the guy lost his life, but if his parent wanted to sue anybody, they should sue the church group for failing to properly supervise the group.

I feel sorry for the kid, too.

But jumping beyond two six-feet tall fences and ignoring warning signs just to retrieve a lost item (if that is true) is illogical

Considering that he is seventeen years old, he could have just as easily asked one of the ride operators or park employees for help.

I guess he took the graphic route.

Yes this is definitely up there on the Retard-o-Meter. If he got ahold of someone's foot it could have hurt them pretty bad as well, not quite as bad as the ye olde decapitation but you know, hehe. Sad though for the family, maybe the church group should watch the kids they take to the theme park...

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- A teenager died Saturday when he was decapitated at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park outside Atlanta, authorities said.

The 17-year-old park visitor was killed after scaling two 6-foot fences around the Batman roller coaster, said a statement issued by park spokeswoman Hela Sheth. He was struck by the coaster and killed, she said.

Don't Miss

* Man held over Disneyland killing spree threat

It was unclear how fast the coaster was moving when it struck the teen, but according to the park's Web site, the ride reaches speeds of 50 mph.

"We do not know why this person was intent on gaining access to this restricted area," the statement said, noting that multiple signs are posted stating, "Danger Zone," "Do Not Enter" and "Authorized Personnel Only."

"Some witnesses have stated that the individual was trying to retrieve something he had lost," Sheth's statement said. "Others reported that he was trying to touch the ride. This is merely speculation at this point, and we are working with park visitors and local police to learn more."

No one on the ride was injured, she said.

Police said the incident occurred about 2 p.m.

The victim's family was at the park with him, Sheth said, and park representatives were with them Saturday evening.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family," she said.

Courtesy CNN. Looks like no lawsuit for them against Six Flags, or the church group.

Charles Darwin is probably laughing in his grave. Even though it's a pretty sad thing, it was probably for the best, because a moron like him would only bring harm to the future.

Heh. Funny how most all injuries due to rollercoasters are from people being completely stupid around them, yet the amusement parks who do everything in their power to counteract stupidity still get the flak for a lot of it and people still fear rollercoasters.

I don't wish death on anyone, but I can't say I feel particularly bad about what happened considering the circumstances.

-Spenser

Did the ppl on the ride know what happened like right wen it happened?

if i was stuck on that ride and just saw some guy get decapitated i would die myself.

Literly.

EW.

Ppl r going to need serious therapy. Esp the friend or friends that were with him. Some therapist will be very happy.

People wonder what's wrong with society, and we have people celebrating death in a thread about a boy who made an incredibly stupid mistake... sure, call me overreacting, call me hyper sensitive, but I promise you that if any of you knew a friend who did the same thing, regardless of how stupid you think the kid's actions are, you'd feel sorry for the person.

Yes, it was an incredibly dumb thing to do. No denying that.

People wonder what's wrong with society, and we have people celebrating death in a thread about a boy who made an incredibly stupid mistake... sure, call me overreacting, call me hyper sensitive, but I promise you that if any of you knew a friend who did the same thing, regardless of how stupid you think the kid's actions are, you'd feel sorry for the person.

That wasn't an incredibly stupid mistake, though, it was just incredibly stupid and it cost him his life. God forbid I have any friends that would be stupid enough to climb a fence and try and touch a rollercoaster. If a friend of mine did that, yes, I'd feel bad that I lost a friend and I'd feel sorry for his/her family, but I'd still have to seriously question what the hell was going on in his/her mind at the time.

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't wish death on anyone, even particularly dense people like this kid, but something about the bolded part of this post really just blunts any feelings I could possibly have, acquaintance or not.

-Spenser

I'd feel bad for my friends' parents/family, but if a friend of mine did something as dumb as what happened at the amusement park, then they had it coming.

That wasn't an incredibly stupid mistake, though, it was just incredibly stupid and it cost him his life. God forbid I have any friends that would be stupid enough to climb a fence and try and touch a rollercoaster. If a friend of mine did that, yes, I'd feel bad that I lost a friend and I'd feel sorry for his/her family, but I'd still have to seriously question what the hell was going on in his/her mind at the time.

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't wish death on anyone, even particularly dense people like this kid, but something about the bolded part of this post really just blunts any feelings I could possibly have, acquaintance or not.

-Spenser

Yet we probably have hundreds of thousands of people who drink and drive, and yet they never pay as serious a price for their actions as this kid/guy did, yet they put the lives of others in jeopardy. Do you feel the same way for all these people? That you question what was going on in their head when they knew they'd get drunk, yet chose not to stop and make sure they didn't have their keys? I never see those people nominated for the Darwin Award that people on Neowin seem so happy to give out. Is it because it's more socially acceptable? Because it isn't as dumb in some form (when it clearly is)?

Sorry, but at the end of the day, this is just a mistake -- stupid decision, however you want to phrase it. A big mistake, but a mistake none the less.

Damn, there are signs everywhere and there is even a net that is supposed to catch your shoes or hats on rides that go upside down and stuff. If he went down there to get his hat or something, there is really no other reason, the ride managers tell you to leave it at the station! it's always there. Nobody's touching it. Damn and plus you can always pick up your stuff after the rides close around the closing time for the park.

RTFM! wow

why in gods name would he grab the feet of someone on a rollercoaster? seriously, the kid had to have been either on drugs, suicidal, or just plain stupid.