Boy Decapitated at Six Flags Amusement Park

This is worse than one of my friends who put his balls on a belt sander.......

....What in Christ's name was he thinking?

Hmmm, 17....

If he didn't get it there, he likely would have gotten the big one skiing out of bounds, jumping off a cliff into shallow water or trying to wheelie his first motorcycle...

Welcome to the jackass generation I guess....

Yet we probably have hundreds of thousands of people who drink and drive, and yet they never pay as serious a price for their actions as this kid/guy did, yet they put the lives of others in jeopardy. Do you feel the same way for all these people? That you question what was going on in their head when they knew they'd get drunk, yet chose not to stop and make sure they didn't have their keys? I never see those people nominated for the Darwin Award that people on Neowin seem so happy to give out. Is it because it's more socially acceptable? Because it isn't as dumb in some form (when it clearly is)?

Sorry, but at the end of the day, this is just a mistake -- stupid decision, however you want to phrase it. A big mistake, but a mistake none the less.

I disagree with the mistake bit. And I'd also like to point out that nobody drinking with me drives afterwards. I see to that. If someone drinks and drives and ****s themself up, they had it coming and I can't be bothered to feel too badly for them - it's not acceptable and is completely stupid and isn't a mistake you make if you choose to do it. You seem to be making some wild assumptions about myself, or else I just don't get your point and how it relates to this story.

-Spenser

Common sense gets kick of out the door here, yet again. Sigh, nothing to see here folks.

Scirwode

Nice to see the caring church leaders stopped that one...

That kind of comment is sickening. Because the teens were old enough to enjoy the park on their own without constant supervision you are now blaming the church leaders for this mishap? Shame on you.

While he paid the ultimate price, by going out of bounds, he made that choice himself, and therefore accepted the consequences (not knowingly of course, but..)

Talk about a harsh punishment... He didn't deserve that at all.

His hands being cut off would've been a good enough punishment...

Apparently when he got close the rollercoaster he got overexcited and totally lost his head.

Edited by Munkyman

I'm actually pretty disappointed at the number of people saying "serves him right/darwin wins again etc. etc." Yes, it was a bad idea; yes, it was stupid. But did he deserve to be decapitated?!

Have you never done something stupid? 17 year olds do stupid **** all the time ya know... :/

It was a church group. They probably didn't allow science.

i love your attitude and sarcasm here. you clearly are out of touch with reality.

i also find it funny that no one really cares if people lol'd and praised your foolish comments, but if it was the exact same tone of sarcasm and idiocy about the fallacy that is evolution, people would have gotten warned and banned if they laughed at it. i just love the neomodern "openness" attitude that people have which actually just uses sarcasm and idiocy to degrade people who believe higher things. it's become ridiculous over the last several years. way to go guys

I'd feel bad for my friends' parents/family, but if a friend of mine did something as dumb as what happened at the amusement park, then they had it coming.

So say your brother did this (hypothetically - so don't say he wouldn't or you don't have one), you would just say "served him right" ? Nice...

Funny how most replies go along the lines of "serves him right!". FFS it's an amusement park and the victim's a teen. That fence is a vertical pile of fail, not tall enough without barbed wire on top.

We've all been teens once. You'd be ****ting me if you were to say that most teens you've knew and seen were mature and followed rules and the law from A to Z and etc, yeah ****in right :rofl:

I'm not defending the dude. He was clearly stupid to go in a dangerous zone, but does that warrant one's death? It's not like it was an adult who can think twice before doing something, it was a teen. Yeah some of us were mature in those ages too, but again it would be a blatant lie to say that most teens are. Just remember your high school years.

my $0.02

i love your attitude and sarcasm here. you clearly are out of touch with reality.

i also find it funny that no one really cares if people lol'd and praised your foolish comments, but if it was the exact same tone of sarcasm and idiocy about the fallacy that is evolution, people would have gotten warned and banned if they laughed at it. i just love the neomodern "openness" attitude that people have which actually just uses sarcasm and idiocy to degrade people who believe higher things. it's become ridiculous over the last several years. way to go guys

Wow. You just disproved science. McCain for President y'all.

Ok first off it is kind of funny it happened to someone part of a church group. Only because they consider themselves holy and nothing bad can happen to them. 2nd Have any of you actually watched some of those real decapitation videos? Well I have and the fact that what happened to him happened that quickly, its all good.

I'm not defending the dude. He was clearly stupid to go in a dangerous zone, but does that warrant one's death? It's not like it was an adult who can think twice before doing something, it was a teen. Yeah some of us were mature in those ages too, but again it would be a blatant lie to say that most teens are. Just remember your high school years.

my $0.02

I do remember more than one death in my high school years, mostly car accidents on grad night and drug overdoses.. Stuff like this was pretty rare, so was skiing out of bounds (come to think of it there was no out of bounds back then, everyone knew that if you skied down the wrong side of a mountain you were probably gonna die)

It's a shame to see someones life reduced to a warning for his friends, but it seems this was his legacy..

Ok first off it is kind of funny it happened to someone part of a church group. Only because they consider themselves holy and nothing bad can happen to them.

*looks at your profile* "From: Iowa". That explains a lot.

Sad death :-(

But what the hell was he doing in an area marked off-limits ? If the parents are filling suit against Six Flags then shame on them ...

So did the ride knock his head off or did the persons foot.

Now thats a story to tell....one time I kicked a persons head off with my foot.

Imagine the friends with him reacation.

So did the ride knock his head off or did the persons foot.

Now thats a story to tell....one time I kicked a persons head off with my foot.

Imagine the friends with him reacation.

Since the story said no one else was hurt, I'm betting the ride did the deed.... A neck is way tough compared to a foot/ ankle/ leg..

The story would have read "Roller coaster rider loses foot on pranksters head"