Is Anyone Here Who Uses Their Mac to Run Windows Only?

How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. How Many People Here Use They Mac's To Run Windows Only?

• I Use Windows As Primary OS on My Mac
    • I Use OS X As Primary OS On My Mac

Actually, your trolling attempt not withstanding, many Apple users are extremely proud of our ability to run Windows, Linux, and other operating systems along side of Mac OS X. I'd venture to say that very few of us actually have a problem with people deciding to use their Apple Equipment to run Windows, after, the best Windows Vista machine on the planet is a Mac! :)

He wasn't trolling. The very few who have a problem are the fanboys.

And you wrong about the last part. The best Windows Vista machine on the planet is the SYSTEM I BUILD! MWA HA HA HA!!! :)

I can't believe that people have their mac running a garbage OS like Windows, it's a shame.

I can't believe people used to have their mac running a garbage OS like Mac OS 9, that was a real shame.

I'm running OS X alongside ArchLinux and KDE 4.1, really great combination. :)

I'd use Windows, but I have no need for it, and Linux is my O/S for messing and tweaking around.

Actually, your trolling attempt not withstanding, many Apple users are extremely proud of our ability to run Windows, Linux, and other operating systems along side of Mac OS X. I'd venture to say that very few of us actually have a problem with people deciding to use their Apple Equipment to run Windows, after, the best Windows Vista machine on the planet is a Mac! :)

And you’re trolling for seeking drama in a forum that's universal. Look at your signature "The Female Steve Jobs", that there is grounds for negativity. And so what if people want to run windows as their primary OS on a Mac. I think it's really cool that people are at least doing something with their Macs that is not always related to what Apple really wants people to use it for. Oh and your false information about a Mac being the best windows vista machine ever is just an opinion from not only the Apple editors but Apple only people who only spent money to buy Apple only products. I know PC setups that will whip circles around the performance that a Mac has when running Vista on it.

Edited by jesseinsf

And you?re trolling for seeking drama in a forum that's universal. Look at your signature "The Female Steve Jobs", that there is grounds for negativity. And so what if people want to run windows as their primary OS on a Mac. I think it's really cool that people are at least doing something with their Macs that is not always related to what Apple really wants people to use it for. Oh and your false information about a Mac being the best windows vista machine ever is just an opinion from not only the Apple editors but Apple only people who only spent money to buy Apple only products. I know PC setups that will whip circles around the performance that a Mac has when running Vista on it.

My title is humor given what I do for a living, I'm sorry it missed you.:):)

Regarding your Windows Vista comment being from Apple Editors, actually, it came from (I believe) PC World Magazine which is, without a doubt, a PC oriented magazine, not an Apple Publication. If memory serves me right, the title of best came from a list of criteria, not simply the fastest but the most stable and several other items all listed in the article, I'm sure someone around here has the actual link to the article:):) Might want to read it, was a great read no matter which side of the fence you pull for, Mac or PC.

My title is humor given what I do for a living, I'm sorry it missed you. :)

Regarding your Windows Vista comment being from Apple Editors, actually, it came from (I believe) PC World Magazine which is, without a doubt, a PC oriented magazine, not an Apple Publication. If memory serves me right, the title of best came from a list of criteria, not simply the fastest but the most stable and several other items all listed in the article, I'm sure someone around here has the actual link to the article. :) Might want to read it, was a great read no matter which side of the fence you pull for, Mac or PC.

You are right it comes from PC World, but for a very long time now PC World's quality has gone down. Almost every single of their articles are crap or filled with incorrect information ;)

So don't trust everything you read =)

You are right it comes from PC World, but for a very long time now PC World's quality has gone down. Almost every single of their articles are crap or filled with incorrect information ;)

So don't trust everything you read =)

Specially when it came from John C. Dvorak the biggest idiot in the tech world. :laugh:

ummm nope

Why would someone do it anyway ? I mean i won't say i don't run Windows at all. I do run Windows Xp in Vmware Fusion but thats because i have some very crucial Windows based applications plus its easier for my Windows Mobile Device to sync with Win Xp. I love OSX and can't even think about running something like Vista on this baby ;)

My title is humor given what I do for a living, I'm sorry it missed you. :)

Regarding your Windows Vista comment being from Apple Editors, actually, it came from (I believe) PC World Magazine which is, without a doubt, a PC oriented magazine, not an Apple Publication. If memory serves me right, the title of best came from a list of criteria, not simply the fastest but the most stable and several other items all listed in the article, I'm sure someone around here has the actual link to the article. :) Might want to read it, was a great read no matter which side of the fence you pull for, Mac or PC.

Thanks for clarifying everything :)

28% is a lot. More than I thought there would be.

Isn't that the entire point? Your poll ASKS windows users to vote for the first option, then you complain about it? I don't quite get your logic there... obviously people who use Windows as their primary OS on their Mac hardware uses... windows.

lol yea i see what you mean, I meant that I think that most of the votes for 'Primarily Windows on Mac hardware' have been made by ****ed off Apple haters, then I wouldn't doubt that some with mac hardware run primarily windows either. I wasn't complaining, was just saying .. I mean I used to be a die-hard Windows user and hated anything to do with apple just for the sake of it, its something I probably would have done a while back.

lol yea i see what you mean, I meant that I think that most of the votes for 'Primarily Windows on Mac hardware' have been made by ****ed off Apple haters, then I wouldn't doubt that some with mac hardware run primarily windows either. I wasn't complaining, was just saying .. I mean I used to be a die-hard Windows user and hated anything to do with apple just for the sake of it, its something I probably would have done a while back.

Why this rabid hatred of Apple?

Sure, I loath Windows (because I come from an Amiga/Atari background, MacOS X seems to be more logical than Windows), but that doesn't mean I don't love using Office 2008, Messenger or any other application available to me on MacOS X.

There seems to be alot of Windows zealots who have this 'hell bent' hatred of anything that isn't Microsoft - it is pathetic and childish to see quite frankly.

Edited by kaiwai

Why this rabid hatred of Apple?

Sure, I loath Windows (because I come from an Amiga/Atari background, MacOS X seems to be more logical than Windows), but that doesn't mean I don't love using Office 2008, Messenger or any other application available to me on MacOS X.

There seems to be alot of Windows zealots who have this 'hell bent' hatred of anything that isn't Microsoft - it is pathetic and childish to see quite frankly.

Just like there seems to also be a lot of Apple zealots who have this 'hell bent' hatred of anything that isn't Apple, or the Linux zealots who have this 'hell bent' hatred of anything that isn't FOSS.

There are far more Apple and Linux zealots than MS zealots.

That seems like it could be rather hard to do, other than Xbox people, I don't ever see a lot of love for Microsoft.

Personally:

I love Office 2007, but hate 2008.

I like Vista a lot, but question where they're going sometimes with Windows.

But I don't like Apple though either outside of OSX; the Mac apologists tend to rub me the wrong way, and also tend to suffer from myopia on all outside of things Apple. It's really turns me off the whole Apple bandwagon, as I don't want to be considered an elitist dip**** because I can't see things without rose-colored glasses. Like MS, Apple does some things really well, screws up others, and sometimes just does stuff to screw their customer base over.

But that could be because of my IT/engineering background, but an MCSE that I worked with said it best about the different OS', "they all suck, they just suck differently at times". And after working on Linux, OSX, and Windows, that's the only acceptable thing I can say anymore.

And I don't see the point of running Windows solely on a Mac - you can get better spec'd, cheaper PCs elsewhere.

lol huh, dude I use a mac man. Dont know how you got that I hate Apple from my post :huh:

Sorry, I phrased it wrong. It was more a question about when you were an anti-Apple zealot, why did you hold those views?

There are far more Apple and Linux zealots than MS zealots.

Based on what metric? I can assure you that there are a hell of alot more Windows zealots who will grasp at any straw when bashing Apple/MacOS X - some will go so far as to bringing up MacOS 9 issues that are no longer relevant today. Some will even go so far to whine about applications that aren't available on MacOS X which they don't even use.

Sorry, I've seen the straw grab dance by Microsoft zealots. Sure, I can't stand the Mac zealots, but then again, I tend not to hang around them anyway - and when I do listen to Steve's keynoted to see if there is anything interesting, I deliberately fast forward through all the hooting and hollering by the Apple zealots whom seem to be high on some drug.

Based on what metric? I can assure you that there are a hell of alot more Windows zealots who will grasp at any straw when bashing Apple/MacOS X - some will go so far as to bringing up MacOS 9 issues that are no longer relevant today. Some will even go so far to whine about applications that aren't available on MacOS X which they don't even use.

Sorry, I've seen the straw grab dance by Microsoft zealots. Sure, I can't stand the Mac zealots, but then again, I tend not to hang around them anyway - and when I do listen to Steve's keynoted to see if there is anything interesting, I deliberately fast forward through all the hooting and hollering by the Apple zealots whom seem to be high on some drug.

Most of the Mac-bashing Windows users who I personally know have never even used a Mac. Frankly, they don't know about any specific issues affecting Macs. Typically, their argument is that Macs look "gay" and they can't play games, so they suck. Of course they are being ignorant, closed-minded, and stupid; however, on the internet, you don't typically see too many of those arguments.

And honestly, how many times do Apple and Linux fanboys (emphasis on the term "fanboy". I'm not referring to users of those OS's) constantly bring up Windows 98 errors for Vista and XP? The fanboys constantly mention BSOD's, and that all Windows systems have viruses and other problems. BSOD's very rarely occur out of the blue. If you get a BSOD today, it's because of 3 main reasons: 1.) You have a physical problem with your hardware 2.) You have a problematic driver or 3.) Malware

Security problems and viruses only affect people who do not follow safe computing practices. I've been using Windows for years, and I don't have issues with security.

You must not visit the front page news much--at least not the comments.

I always do. I typically count more "zealotry" posts coming from the Apple and Linux crowd than I ever do from the MS crowd.

If you both honestly think there are more MS zealots out there, then you are very naive. Go to any techy website out there. Try looking at the comments and articles posted on Slashdot, or OS News, or Digg, or Engadget, and the list goes on and on...

It's not uncommon for a fair MS comment on Slashdot, Digg, or OS News to be completely attacked by fanboys.

To be honest, Neowin is rather balanced. That's one of the main reasons why I read the articles here and post on the forums.

Edited by Mikee99

You honestly can't take comments on Digg or Engadget seriously? Majority of them are prepubescent kids who have nothing better to do. But Neowin is far from balanced--it is a Windows based site of course. You just don't see the majority of it since I'm such a great mod. ;)