UEFA Champions League

UEFA CL 2008/2009  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Martyn

It looks like MartyBaby was right about that match.

Don't all bow at once ;)

BARCA BARCA BARCA.

Beastage
Really? A Liverpool fan who doesn't live in Liverpool? Wait til Martyn finds out!

I think I didn't get the joke but I am certain Liverpool got more fans around the world than Manchester United.

Martyn

But Messi is **** lol x, he can't head the ball :(

Ronaldo is the best.

Oh actually wait, I'm not Clive Tyldsley.

Damo R.
I am certain Liverpool got more fans around the world than Manchester United.

ooo quite debatable

Subject Delta
One bad game doesn't make a team bad... if we weren't good we wouldn't have been in the final.

Agreed, but this isn't the first time United have faltered when actually attacked by another team this season.

I think I didn't get the joke but I am certain Liverpool got more fans around the world than Manchester United.

Nope. Ever since United first got on the winning role, they have picked up a lot of supporters like Mail, and about 10 million Asians that know nextdoor to nothing about football. If you compare in terms of 'real' fans, the count is probably a little more even

mail
Because every real Liverpool fan hates United with every ounce of their being, and wants them to lose every match they enter maybe? If you where a real football fan, that'd be a bit more obvious to you, but as a member of the Manchester United glory hog club, I guess i'll let you off.

Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

have a pint of

rafingtons.png

Antiprophet

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahhahaha utd lost :)

that is my constructive comment for today. im off to bed!

ynnoj

Barcelona just taught United a lesson in football. Absolutely bossed.

And Ronaldo is a pathetic loser. Grow up.

Subject Delta
<snipped>

I guess posting more than 4 semi-mature posts without a stupid picture thrown in was probably more intelligence shown in one night than you have in the rest if this thread, to expect you to stay mature and not resort back to trolling when you have no legitimate response was asking a bit much I guess.

And FYI I am not crying, I am laughing... At the patheticness that is you and was Manchester United this evening

Beastage

http://www.hitwise.co.uk/press-center/hitw...2004/sports.php , http://www.eufootball.biz/Marketing/6527-l...an_support.html

Not new or ... well I'm not sure how reliable.... but i didn't find anything to support the other way around, on other hand I might suck at googling.

update : again in 2008 http://localhostr.com/files/df6f69/Hitwise+-+Minefield.png

It might mean that Liverpool have more true/hardcore/active fans.... :p

Edited by Beastage
Pikey
Pikey, you from Gillingham too?

Yes! .. I didn't go to the match on Saturday though .. watched the game with my nephew at home .. good stuff!!

Kralik
Italian authorities said their biggest worry was the estimated 5,000 ticketless fans.

Manchester United's players flew out to Rome on Monday to try to become the first team to retain the Champions League trophy, but lost 2-0.

Plans for a victory parade through Manchester's streets have been cancelled.

Source BBC.

:happy:

Subject Delta
http://www.hitwise.co.uk/press-center/hitw...2004/sports.php , http://www.eufootball.biz/Marketing/6527-l...an_support.html

Not new or ... well I'm not sure how reliable.... but i didn't find anything to support the other way around, on other hand I might suck at googling.

update : again in 2008 http://localhostr.com/files/df6f69/Hitwise+-+Minefield.png

It might mean that Liverpool have more true/hardcore/active fans.... :p

Web stats are IMO not the most reliable way of assessing things like this

Martyn

Liverpool do not have more worldwide fans than Manchester United. Simple as really. I'd rather we sacked off the OOT's tbh, the atmosphere would be well better.

Oh by the way mail, I look forward to you transferring your allegiances to Barcelona tomorrow. After all, you liver closer to Barcelona than to Manchester ;)

Subject Delta

Out of towners? I don't agree with that, I know quiet a few fellow Liverpool fans in kent, and they have just as much passion as some of the locals. Certainly it'd be better without the fans that know nothing about the game, but I don't agree that all out of towners lack passion or make things worse.

deuz

YES Barca easily outplayed manu, who were imo sluggish....the better team won, in that the team with more team spirit and unity won....classic example of a gelled team beating another team who have an arguably a better team on paper.

BARCA!!!!!

ooo quite debatable

if you take out all the asians who want to dry hump beckham(and the 'glory hogs') then i would say liverpool have more true fans.

as for mail and frank...boys get a room, ones baiting one and the other is leading the other on.

Subject Delta

Get a room with Mail? I'd rather cut off my own testicles.

red.
Yes! .. I didn't go to the match on Saturday though .. watched the game with my nephew at home .. good stuff!!

Yeah we watched it on TV too. Don't really follow them, but having a shop 3 mins from the ground means we get a lot of customers!

mamamamamamama

I was surprised that Ronaldo didn't dive that often. But then, he shoved Puyol onto the ground.

What a tanned jerk...

tiagosilva29

The game was a bit boring, don't you agree?

Subject Delta

Better than the United - Barcelona matchup last year IMO. Wouldn't call it boring, but the technical problems ITV had with the broadcast kinda sucked

mail
Oh by the way mail, I look forward to you transferring your allegiances to Barcelona tomorrow. After all, you liver closer to Barcelona than to Manchester ;)

Nah moving to Colchester soon.

deletedxyz
The game was a bit boring, don't you agree?

That's because Barcelona dominated possession as always. Barcelona always plays a possession game. You can see it when they played against every team coming up the final. The only problem they had was not capitalizing on shooting on target.

eilegz

barcelona campeones!!!!!!!!

who thought that a new trainer, the same team with some adjusment and discipline could bring them la liga, copa de rey and the champions leaque.

im really happy, barcelona won without doubt and demostrated a good football

Mike
Out of towners? I don't agree with that, I know quiet a few fellow Liverpool fans in kent, and they have just as much passion as some of the locals. Certainly it'd be better without the fans that know nothing about the game, but I don't agree that all out of towners lack passion or make things worse.

Well if you want to go around calling all Man Utd fans who don't live in Manchester either glory hunters or not real fans then you look rather stupid when you don't apply it to the club you like which is why Martyn has to say what he did.