2. 2. Top Scorer?

• Kaka
    • Henry
    • Eto'o
    • Ronaldinho
    • Fernando Torres
    • Ronaldo
    • Other

what can I say, I'm happy, they did it, i was wainting a better game by ManU, but playing without middlefielders agains the best is that position, Xavi & Iniesta, is like giving up.

for me, the best was Xavi, he's not as spectacular as Iniesta or Messi, but when he takes the ball, things rule on bar?a. Iniesta also made a great game, come from injury, and Messi, well, the best in the world... also Toure playing as a difender, Pique was great, Puyol as usual fighting every ball, Valdes made a pair or great stops, And quoting Rappy Biscuit:pp Busquets is just awesome when you thing alst year he was playing in the 3rd spanish division and now he's on CL final playing great game.

congrats to Bar?a,

Scholes just killed Biscuits (I can't spell his nam:p:p )

Rappy that was hilarious,

Well if you want to go around calling all Man Utd fans who don't live in Manchester either glory hunters or not real fans then you look rather stupid when you don't apply it to the club you like which is why Martyn has to say what he did.

Not all united fans that don't live in Manchester, just people like Mail, and thousands of other idiots that just support them because they are the team. If you read the entirety of my post and not just the bit you want to nitpick on, I never once made the claim that all united fans that live outside of Manchester are glory hogs, merely that their support mysteriously increased dramatically when they started winning.

FYI I have supported Liverpool for 14 years, ever since I became interested in football, and seeing as Liverpool where in a really bad spell in the mid 90s when I started supporting them, I would hardly say I am any form of glory hunter.

Yes, I don't live in Liverpool, I live in Kent but so what? If I was to be a true glory hog i'd have gone with United who where the dominant team then. I am still passionate about the team. If Martyn doesn't think people like myself should be fans, that is his opinion and he is entitled to it, but I am not gonna just drop the support for a team I have followed for 14 years.

Better than the United - Barcelona matchup last year IMO. Wouldn't call it boring, but the technical problems ITV had with the broadcast kinda sucked

That's ITV for you :no: I hate their coverage of anything they just go ahead and **** it up.

this was not the game i wanted to see, a little boring because barca was looking backwards with their possession play the whole time. too bad man u couldn't adapt and stop playing english football for long enough to score.

puyol deserved an oscar for his acting, although the ref judged the game very well.

barcelona played spectacular football. this was one of the more interesting games of the season. the beauty behind passing between barcelona players is quite astonishing. they deserved to win, i just hoped to see more effort from henry, but oh well.

i just hoped to see more effort from henry, but oh well.

Me too.. he had one really good chance.. but they won and he won't be thinking about how now :p

For me the only way to beat Barca is to score first and defend.. if you attack them.. you're basically f****** coz their counter attack is deadly.. if they score first you have no chance coz they will kill the game off from counter attack.. you can't give them freekicks coz they have many players in there who can score off them easily.. defenders are big and strong so they can score from corners too.. their weakness is in normal play if they are behind.. they dont have big midfield players and if you defend well they cant get any shots away.. coz not many of them can head it in from crosses..

I'm happy Barca won coz Henry won it.. coz they play same football as Arsenal and coz I'm not hearing any ManUre fan bragging to me all day abt them being the kings of universe or anything such rubbish.. that shut 'em up good.. and if they say it was 1 bad night.. they should rem they lost 4 and drew 2 against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool this season in PL.. they just cant beat the good teams who are at their full strength..

Edited by Kralik

Twatted sum nob ed's on the bus.

Got **** blocked for the sow but still a good night.

BARCELONA BARCELNA!!

I watched 10 minutes as I had other things to do.

However United were outplayed and made to look ordinary and a league one side.

I am now playing 'Barcelona' by Freddie Mecury to impress the cockney 'red' family I don't like that live next door.

HA ******* HA

Van Der Sar face is just priceless!

So is Rio's :s Look at the 2 guys behind the net.. :)

Some supporters hands are already in the air.. and Messi is airborne.. nice photo..

Edited by Kralik

I am now playing 'Barcelona' by Freddie Mecury to impress the cockney 'red' family I don't like that live next door.

HA ******* HA

Brilliant :laugh:

Barca were just sublime last night, they played some quality football.

My friend just got back from his home country(don't want all racist allegations going so wont say from where).. BIG BIG Man U fan although he became that coz he saw me supporting Arsenal and figured he needs a 'tribe' too :p doesn't know offside from offwhite but is upset they lost :D

I bet most United fans would like to do this after watching their team's performance last night:

14juefa.gif

:laugh:

Barca played some outstanding football yesturday. The best was Cristiano's reaction after the game stating he does not know where he will be next season???? Lats week he said he was staying at United ahahha I would hate to have him on our team what a poor loser. Don't get me wrong the kid has got a great foot but poor sportmenship and respect for the club.

Nigerian Man United fan kills 4 Barcelona fans with bus

PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria (Reuters) - A Manchester United fan in Nigeria killed four people when he drove his minibus into a crowd of Barcelona supporters after his team lost the Champions League final, police said on Thursday.

The crowd in the town of Ogbo were celebrating Barcelona's victory after Wednesday night's match when the bus drove into them. A police spokeswoman said 10 people were injured and the driver was arrested.

"The driver had passed the crowd then made a U-turn and ran into them," she said.

Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0 in what was hailed as a "dream final" between two of Europe's best clubs. Both teams have large fan bases in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation.

Source

Some people are just crazy :no: :no: :no: may they RIP.

I'm a newbie to the football world / sports world, and I have to admit I was rooting for Manchester United yesterday afternoon just because they have so much publicity and seemed to be the favorite. I guess you could say that my naivety lead me to be a "glory hunter", but I'll not make that mistake again. I'll watch a lot more teams this coming year to pick one I truly like.

-----

Man. Utd. came out strong, but after the Barcelona goal around the 10th minute, they seemed to lose all heart. Quite honestly, they were the inferior team... no other way to say it.

Martyn's assessment of the game was spot on... good call man!

Barcelona truly deserved to win, but I must say that Puyol really put on a show and there needs to be some disciplinary action against those players that act. I like to call them "floppers", and Puyol is right on top...

Barcelona truly deserved to win, but I must say that Puyol really put on a show and there needs to be some disciplinary action against those players that act. I like to call them "floppers", and Puyol is right on top...

you need to watch more CR and Drogba games before stating that dude... or just ask Frank Fontaine :p

you need to watch more CR and Drogba games before stating that dude... or just ask Frank Fontaine :p

I've literally only seen 6 games of the UEFA CL, so I'm sure there are other "floppers" out there. Drogba is on the list, but Puyol was without a doubt trying to bait the referee last night - It's a good thing the referee was on his toes.

I am not interested how any other team does other than England and Arsenal.

I hope to see Arsenal v Barcelona next season so we can show them how to play 'sexy football', HA.

The Reds, thats Liverpools nick, United are the red Devils, so I am wondering why Liverpool would be parading the champions league trophy around

Manchestah!

The Reds, thats Liverpools nick, United are the red Devils

Glad someone else has picked up on this, always annoys me when Manure get referred to as The Reds... when they are not!!!

Oh yeah.. and...

GLORY GLORY BARCELONA!!!

Glad someone else has picked up on this, always annoys me when Manure get referred to as The Reds... when they are not!!!

Oh yeah.. and...

GLORY GLORY BARCELONA!!!

True, true.

I just played Barcelona again whilst the cockney reds (devils, though I think reds applies to Liverpool fans also, but mainly Essex boys that support United) were mowing their lawn at last, man it got to 3 feet high.

They went straight inside their house to cry I bet.

HA

I don't think Puyol was diving yesterday, but he did 'do a drogba' and milk his injury for all it was worth. Bit of a blot on the game, but little effect on the result.

Barca played some outstanding football yesturday. The best was Cristiano's reaction after the game stating he does not know where he will be next season???? Lats week he said he was staying at United ahahha I would hate to have him on our team what a poor loser. Don't get me wrong the kid has got a great foot but poor sportmenship and respect for the club.

He?s an incredible footballer, but he has no class as a person. It?s a shame, really.

I don't think Puyol was diving yesterday, but he did 'do a drogba' and milk his injury for all it was worth. Bit of a blot on the game, but little effect on the result.

Don't think he was diving? He went up for a header against ronaldo and went down because the ball hit him in the face.

Also tried to tackle VDS and went down like his career was over, got up ran, 80 yards and then went back down when the ball went out of play.

Still i don't think either him or Drogba have anything on Morten Gamst Pedersen, who hits the deck every single time he has the ball in the box.

The thing that annoyed me the most and it's true of most Spanish teams playing in europe, is when one of their players went down, they went up the pitch and tried to score, only when they missed and lost possesion did they want the ball kicked out of play for him, before he dies of a fatal injury....