Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

:rolleyes: I actually use an iBook and iPhone 3G. So thank you very much. I know that iPhone 3G is buggy by my own experience and not because I am MS fanboy.

:rolleyes: Which iBook?

I just don't see why when there's no harm in it. It's just a one time thing.

Oh, I agree, I have one. Just saying, I suppose I can understand why someone might not like being forced to do whatever, just to use a feature added to software required for the device they paid for.

:rolleyes: Which iBook?

iBook G4 bought in Nov 2004 (it ran Panther at that time) - do you want a photo of your post on it's screen and my iPhone's browser? :rolleyes:

Verify it here and here all you want.

This will be my last post on this (off)topic.

Was Steve even thinner this time around? Soon it's going to be only skin and bones....

I know he is not getting any younger and with past health problem, but damn... I feel like he is getting worst each time we see him.

Is there a way to remove the store links in vista?

Not yet. There are in Mac OSX (naturally). I've been trying to decrypt iTunes' Pref files to find a solution... no such luck. What may end up needing to happen is, somebody will have to 'hack' iTunes' executable and DLL files, and re-add the menus to the options.

EDIT: Found a solution to this (a guy posted it on the iTunes discussion boards). :)

1. Close iTunes and then go to Start, then Run and copy and paste the following in %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\iTunes and load the file iTunesPrefs.xml in Notepad++

2. Inside this file, look for <key>User Preferences</key> and below it copy and paste the following exactly as so...

&lt;key&gt;User Preferences&lt;/key&gt;
	&lt;dict&gt;
		&lt;key&gt;show-genre-when-browsing&lt;/key&gt;
		&lt;data&gt;
		AA==
		&lt;/data&gt;
		&lt;key&gt;show-store-arrow-links&lt;/key&gt;
		&lt;data&gt;
		AA==
		&lt;/data&gt;

3. Save and start iTunes back up and the annoyances should be gone forever! :) Might be a good idea to back up the iTunesPrefs.xml file before doing this of course! =)

Edited by Michael King

And to remove genre use this

defaults write com.apple.itunes show-genre-when-browsing  -bool FALSE

Thanks a lot man, I was starting to call myself crazy because I could not find this option anywhere.

It's stupid, in the preferences panel, in General, it says Display with a lot of checkboxes, there's one missing and it's Genres, obviously. And it's not like they didn't have the place for it... right below Ringtones would have been awesome. The thing is, these options are all on the left menu, Show/Hide Genres doesn't really belong to this section but still.

Lets Rock

All the main rumours were correct. The Apple Ninjas WILL assassinate Kevin Rose before the next Stevenote.

iPod nano 4G

This will teach you all not to say "OMFG APPLE WOULDNT DO THAT THATS NOT APPLE LIEK!!111!". The new nano is sleek and I love the colours. Better than the pastel ones. The accelerometer was unexpected but a great addition none the less.

iPod touch 2G

**** Yeah! It has a speaker! Should have been on the first iPod touch. I'm surprised they chose to give it a chrome bezel.

iTunes 8

Grid view is nice. But WHY are there blue scrollbars in the dark sections?!?! Genius is pretty good. I can see it depleting my wallet soon enough. I do like how Apple got lazy and didn't change the icon (It still says iTunes 7 on the CD in the 512px version).

iPhone OS 2.1

Thank **** they staggered the release of the 2 firmwares. The 2.0 release was ridiculous. Apparently it makes backups snappy. Can't wait to install it. It also finally lists the amount of space apps take up. I always wondered why they didn't do that from the start.

iTunes Store

HD TV Shows is nice and LOL NBC came crawling back.

Wow, Genius actually works well :woot: I'm quite surprised.

Very first use:

<snipped>

The sidebar is nice, but I'm used to using Last.fm so I'll probably stick to that.

You say it works well, but I've yet to find a link between 30STM and The Kooks and Tenacious D. I guess it's early days, though. Can't shout them down too much about a service that's been live for less than a day.

Other than that, it's a very nice update.

You say it works well, but I've yet to find a link between 30STM and The Kooks and Tenacious D. I guess it's early days, though. Can't shout them down too much about a service that's been live for less than a day.

Exactly, I was expecting it to be rather crap after a mere 24 hours. And I don't really see it as being a question of whether or not the artists sound the same, more of whether or not the playlist is good. As a playlist, I don't think it's that bad.

Genius is no use if you tag your music the way you preferred instead of what iTunes can recognize. Though great concept. Just wish it works with my music.

How do you do it differently to iTunes?

How do you do it differently to iTunes?

Many times before, in order for me to get album art for certain soundtracks, I'll have to rename the album to "XXX (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Where as I just leave out the (XXX). I don't believe I'm the only one who names their artists/tracks/albums different than what iTunes can recognize. Therefore Genius won't work for me unless I subdue to what iTunes want. Which would take me years to re-tag my music collection.