• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

Max    50
I'm trying to paste here the direct link, but I cannot get it. Google Chrome download manager. I'm still learning how to use it.
Show All Downloads > Right Click Download > Copy Link.

Bobster    0
Show All Downloads > Right Click Downloads > Copy Link.

Somehow I don't think he is going to reply now. Or his browser might have just crashed.

rajputwarrior    280
Show All Downloads > Right Click Download > Copy Link.

he is talking ****... he doesn't have it

dduardo    0

Does anyone know if Apple is allowing the Genius feature on the last gen iPod Classic? All they did this time around was bump up the 80GB to 120GB and got rid of the 160GB model.

Snakehn    5
Nope it's out today as said by God himself. God is never wrong.

it's out today because chuck norris said it, or else...

post-39580-1220984800_thumb.jpg

PL_    19

Guess they're trying to phase out the iPod classic. No mic support, no accelerometers, no tilted screen, no Genius support...

Same goes for the shuffle. New colours, great. Now how about something more? Better storage maybe?

RadishTM    313
Does anyone know if Apple is allowing the Genius feature on the last gen iPod Classic? All they did this time around was bump up the 80GB to 120GB and got rid of the 160GB model.

My thoughts too.

Radish?

DigitalE    10

I sure hope iTunes 8 runs better than iTunes 7 on Windows :whistle:

Boo Berry    2,264

I don't really care how well it runs, as long as it fixes the Vista iTunes UI blackout issue. :p

giga    45
Guess they're trying to phase out the iPod classic. No mic support, no accelerometers, no tilted screen, no Genius support...

Same goes for the shuffle. New colours, great. Now how about something more? Better storage maybe?

The Classic has Genius support. (not sure about old ones)

BajiRav    2,137

Why would you need to use ipod classic sideways? Adding accelerometer(s) just for shuffle seems pointless to me. It was added to Touch mainly for games I think.

CY:G    1

Yeah they are done with the classic, i have a 160 gb Classic and it has a lot of issues, it doesnt seem like they are upgrading the firmware any time soon.

magik    25

(Y)

I don't really care how well it runs, as long as it fixes the Vista iTunes UI blackout issue. :p

+1 That's soooo annoying!!

AJerman    761

+1, and it would be nice if you could stop iTunes from opening when you plug in an iPhone. I sync on my macbook, but I charge here at work with a dock plugged into my monitor's USB, and every time I do I get a mysterious black window pop up, haha.

AJerman    761

Thanks for the links, DLing now.

Hell-In-A-Handbasket    277

Software Update just pulled a Quicktime update, so should be shortly for iTunes 8

Hurmoth    518

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't have to many problems with it on Vista x64, but it still seems to run a little slow.

On a completely different topic, I hope that Dexter is available in HD on iTunes :yes: I don't get Showtime (only show I watch is Dexter, so kind of pointless to pay $7+/month for only one show).

Prosidius    54

For the record, even though the Apple site lists 7.7 as the latest version, clicking download will download iTunes 8.

rajputwarrior    280
Software Update just pulled a Quicktime update, so should be shortly for iTunes 8

it shoudl show up after you install quicktime