Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

Jason Chen:

#1 selling male artist in iTunes history. NOOO! Jack Johnson?!?!?

10:51 am ON Sep 9 2008

Jason Chen:

Jobs says that whenever there is a music event, he wants to remind the customers that they?re music-oriented. Is it John ****ing Mayer???!

LOL

What were you expecting? New Macbooks with 10,000Ghz processors?

decent ipod touch revision. larger sizes. something worth while that isn't a gimmick like we gave you a different back and a button! oh look ipod nano jammed full of useless features for it's aimed market. taking a step back with classic. etc etc etc

may have just dragged time on a bit more and released more colours for the shuffle for sake of it.

AHHHHHHHH! Anybody know how else I can get a 160GB iPod Classic? I was gonna buy online online (because I want my name laser engraved on the back) but I can't.

:( sad 160GB had to go bye bye.

this was honestly kinda dissapointing...

How so? It was advertised as an iPod related event. Which it clearly was.

i was hoping for classic announcements.. not just them killing one of them. The new nano is sweet, i will give them that, and its going to sell like crazy during the holidays, but i dunno, there have been better ones in the past. What about the shuffle? is that getting cheaper or better?

So iPhone 2.1 is just that bug fixes??? :blink:

Yes is great that problems are fixed...

But no new features ???

Well I don't know some things can't really be categorized as 'bug fixes'; there is improved battery life, better 3G reception, faster backups, etc. I'm very much looking forward to 2.1 firmware! :D

i was hoping for classic announcements.. not just them killing one of them. The new nano is sweet, i will give them that, and its going to sell like crazy during the holidays, but i dunno, there have been better ones in the past. What about the shuffle? is that getting cheaper or better?

Classic is probably the lowest selling iPod they have--I can understand why they cut it.

People expecting Macbooks or computers at this event are out of touch.

Glad they've dropped the touch prices a little. Now I want UK pricing lol.

Got the decision now between an 80GB zune from ebay, a 16GB touch or stretch to a 32GB touch.