[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

There IS a way to get it now, it has been posted in this thread just 2 pages ago =P

lol I didn't want to go that way. I wanted to wait for the 'official' release.

Did they put in support for 1680x1050 or did that get cut from the final version?

It's in there, but 1900x1200 is not, sadly.

lol I didn't want to go that way. I wanted to wait for the 'official' release.

Well that's entirely up to you, only a few hours to go =)

It's in there, but 1900x1200 is not, sadly.

Great, I'm seriously considering getting a 360 now that my resolution is supported. If anyone is using 1680x1050 let me know how it looks and how much space the bars take up.

What is your source on this claim? I understand that the update itself is free, but I'm still wary of getting banned.

As mentioned previously, it's identical to someone with the NXE (legitimately) plugging their HDD into your system. That's bound to have happened accidentally in plenty of places, so MS wont ban anyone. They specifically stated this and said not to do it because nobody would be able to access live UNTIL the 19th.

Kushan i ****ing love you dude.

I just got NXE ftw!.

They took off the bandwith cap becuase it took maybe 15 seconds on a 10 meg connection to download the update.

AMAZING.

Now I can offically say I got it early and am VERY happy. Time to install my long list of GAMES!

GOW2 first FTW!.

Btw, this is how the tech made us "unbrick" my friends bricked 360. allthough it was rollbackupdate 5....

not system update.

Another successful NXE install! Even though it's only a few hours ahead, it's still cool. Thanks a lot! :D

Thanks for the link Kushan! Didn't know there was more than one version of the leaked NXE. I had another version and it didn't want to download the avatars update. Thanks!

The update is going to happen later tonight. The time conversion between PST(?) dont know if thats it or whatever timezone they are at is way behind us. im on CST and its 1216 with no udpate. But im happy kushan posted this ebcuase I now have 2 games installed. Halo3 and GOW2.

Yes theres no benefit from HALO3, but, me being a dumbass, moved my 360 with the game in it before i sent it to microsoft, and my old dvd drive, put a outer ring on it. Its so neat you cant tell its a rnig until you look.

ATM NXE did not except the disc, so i put some 'disc healing fluid" that you get with a $2 cheap fix your cd kit, and i rubbed it hard, and it barely passed but took 20 mins to install halo3. GOW2 was done in 5 minutes flat.

Thanks to my new xbox 360(sent me a new one back with better dvd drive, can handle games better thou) and kushan for the update.

@Kushan:

Btw, the dumbass friend crashed his lappy, this weekend im gonna restore it get that notepad file and send you the link.

There IS a way ;)

You legend. I completely missed that. Downloading now :D

EDIT: Alright, the little glimpse I got was awesome, but it looks like it's downloading the rest of it now. ETA 25 minutes :(

Gonna go have some breakfast to pass the time. Hope it's done before I have to leave.