Windows Live Messenger (9) 2009 (14.0.5027.908) released

Anyone else have this problem? Also the default colour doesnt spread over IM Windows.. meaning you have to impliment the colors yourself, anyone else have that issue?

If you mean that the bottom part of the conversation window is grey, yes I also hate that.

Where can I give feedback btw? The feedback button doesn't work.

If you mean that the bottom part of the conversation window is grey, yes I also hate that.

Where can I give feedback btw? The feedback button doesn't work.

I meant the actual top part of the convosation window doesnt match with the contact list top of the window. They dont link up and when you select on the colour chart "default colour" then it still doesnt actually change it to the matching colour, it just stays light blue until i pick another colour. does this change for you?

For anyone that is using the new WLM 9 Beta, When you click on the E-mail button (the big envelope).. does it load up www.msn.com home page or does it load up their inbox directly?

Sadly and annoyingly mine loads up www.msn.com even though it notifies me when there is mail :s

yup im getting that. it also loads up in a different browser :(

I meant the actual top part of the convosation window doesnt match with the contact list top of the window. They dont link up and when you select on the colour chart "default colour" then it still doesnt actually change it to the matching colour, it just stays light blue until i pick another colour. does this change for you?

This will answer your question: "Changing the scene will change the look of the main screen, but it won?t change the look of the conversation screen. Why won?t it? Because your contact?s choice of scene will determine what that looks like."

Anyway, about the bottom part of the conversation window. I like this better, the grey is ugly: WLM9pre-beta_pic.jpg

thanks for the info bb10

With regards to the default colour, even when i select that on the IM window, the default colour always seems to think that it is light blue even though the small box next to the words "default colour" is not light blue at all. Any ideas anyone? I know there is a fix by applying the colour on every im window by yourself. but i was just wondering

This will answer your question: "Changing the scene will change the look of the main screen, but it won’t change the look of the conversation screen. Why won’t it? Because your contact’s choice of scene will determine what that looks like."

Interesting. So now the girls on my list will have pinkish scenes while I'm talking to them, the emos will have midnight black, the Satanists will have bloodshot red... :p

Hopefully there could be a way to turn that off; I'd rather everyone use the stock scene which looks pretty damn good enough for me.

This WLM is annoying me :| my custom emoticons only send every so often :/ there is no coloured names (even though the MsgPlusLive site says it supports WLM 9.0), MPL is the program that makes WLM... good lol.

+1

Does anyone know what the Tracing folder in C:\Users\(Username)\ (on Vista) is?

Inside is an empty folder called WPPMedia; and also WindowsLiveMessenger-uccapi-0.uccapilog which is 0 bytes.

it looks really really good, other than that, it is a terrible piece of software. Live Messenger keeps getting more crappy & heavy with every version. Live call, winks, dynamic backgrounds, dynamic display pictures, sharing folders, increased advertisment, games, activities.. why isn't there a lite version of messenger that doesn't have all of these useless features???

This will answer your question: "Changing the scene will change the look of the main screen, but it won?t change the look of the conversation screen. Why won?t it? Because your contact?s choice of scene will determine what that looks like."

Anyway, about the bottom part of the conversation window. I like this better, the grey is ugly: WLM9pre-beta_pic.jpg

I agree. The conversation window looks much prettier in those screenshots - with the blue coming from the top down and the bottom up.

Bring on that conversation window!

it looks really really good, other than that, it is a terrible piece of software. Live Messenger keeps getting more crappy & heavy with every version. Live call, winks, dynamic backgrounds, dynamic display pictures, sharing folders, increased advertisment, games, activities.. why isn't there a lite version of messenger that doesn't have all of these useless features???

I like having games on WLM, I've never used calls, winks, dynamic backgrounds, DDPs, sharing folders or activities though :p Wouldn't mind if there was a lite version that didn't use 60MB RAM :/