• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Live Messenger (9) 2009 (14.0.5027.908) released

Unimatrix Xero    37

i like that feature

Shaun N.    569
For anyone that is using the new WLM 9 Beta, When you click on the E-mail button (the big envelope).. does it load up www.msn.com home page or does it load up their inbox directly?

Sadly and annoyingly mine loads up www.msn.com even though it notifies me when there is mail :s

Anyone else have this problem? Also the default colour doesnt spread over IM Windows.. meaning you have to impliment the colors yourself, anyone else have that issue?

other than that I am impressed, yes I know its still in Beta

pasztor.laszlo    1

Hi!

Can you guys make Messenger Plus! Live work with this release (14.0.5027.908)? I download the latest one from their official site (www.msgpluslive.net), I install it, but nothing happens! There isn't any sign of the Plus! to be installed. Why not? Their webpage says that this version (v4.70.334) supports the latest WLM9 beta, but it doesn't! I use the english version, so it should work I belive.

Please help me if you can!

Thanks!

Lord Nite    67

I think that can be better answered at Messenger Plus! forums. Simply go to the Messenger Plus! site and click help. You will see a link for their community forums.

pasztor.laszlo    1

Ok, I found the answer:

plusfd3.jpg

Dance.    21

Why in the world is the offline installer 140MB~ :(

Steeley    9
Why in the world is the offline installer 140MB~ :(

It'd include all Windows Live programs, not just messenger.

Dance.    21

Any individual offline installer?

Lee G.    234
Any individual offline installer?

This installer should be okay - it's a web installer, and you can select what Windows Live applications you want to install.

http://download.live.com/messenger

rpsgc    40
For anyone that is using the new WLM 9 Beta, When you click on the E-mail button (the big envelope).. does it load up www.msn.com home page or does it load up their inbox directly?

Sadly and annoyingly mine loads up www.msn.com even though it notifies me when there is mail :s

Yes. Most retarded thing ever.

Izlude    100

I have experienced the following:

"Some" BLOCKED USERS can make contact with you :o I was being harassed by some (well nevermind who)

Blocked contacts sometimes appear as unblocked (although in parentheses it says quite clearly they are indeed blocked)

While sending files, nothing appears. You usually fix it by closing and reopening the window. (other user must do the same)

When a friend closes the chat window, mine closes as well. I guess you could call it a feature xD

as well as some minor ones:

Personal Message will often duplicate the use of emoticons used in your message.

Email notification (toast) does not work.

Sign me out everwhere doesn't work.

Allow automatic signin doesn't connect.

Windows Live Today doesn't appear.

I reported them already, lets hope for results :)

Yusuf M.    1,362

Is this version stable enough for everyday use?

Digitalx    17
Is this version stable enough for everyday use?

Has been for past week or 2 for me.

Calum    819

-- "Some" BLOCKED USERS can make contact with you :o I was being harassed by some (well nevermind who)

-- While sending files, nothing appears. You usually fix it by closing and reopening the window. (other user must do the same)

-- When a friend closes the chat window, mine closes as well. I guess you could call it a feature xD

-- Personal Message will often duplicate the use of emoticons used in your message.

-- Email notification (toast) does not work.

-- Sign me out everwhere doesn't work.

-- Allow automatic signin doesn't connect.

-- Windows Live Today doesn't appear.

I didn't get any of these problems, mine works fine. The only one I got which you suggested was when it appears that some blocked users are available even though it says blocked (& I still cannot speak to them). I have also had the custom emoticon bug, but none of the ones you suggested.

I imagine other people haven't had the same bugs as you as nothing else like that seems to have been reported.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium by the way.

Shasoosh    43

Any one else getting those "every hour" crashes in Vista 32?

I had to go back to 8.5.

Luis.A    0

I had to go back to 8.5.

No crashes for me. Maybe once every 5 days.

Shaun N.    569
Yes. Most retarded thing ever.

I noticed that if you have IE as your default browser it corrects this.

lalalawawawa    59

I've experienced only few bugs here and there.

No custom emotions (which is good... tell me if you want I'll give you one girl's email, chat few minutes with her and let me know if you understand what she was saying (she has emotion for everything)), no ability to hide contacts' pictures...

To me if feels much faster and more good-looking than the 8.5 version.

HawkMan    5,232

"Some" BLOCKED USERS can make contact with you :o I was being harassed by some (well nevermind who)

Blocked contacts sometimes appear as unblocked (although in parentheses it says quite clearly they are indeed blocked)

While sending files, nothing appears. You usually fix it by closing and reopening the window. (other user must do the same)

When a friend closes the chat window, mine closes as well. I guess you could call it a feature xD

as well as some minor ones:

Personal Message will often duplicate the use of emoticons used in your message.

Email notification (toast) does not work.

Sign me out everwhere doesn't work.

Allow automatic signin doesn't connect.

Windows Live Today doesn't appear.

Are you a-patched ?

Calum    819

I had to go back to 8.5.

I have had no crashes with it yet :)

I noticed that if you have IE as your default browser it corrects this.

Or if you use Windows Live Mail, the link opens up Windows Live Mail (& it is much quicker than it opening a browser window to go to the Windows Live Hotmail website. In fact, I don't see why more people don't check out Windows Live Mail - it is amazing for mail & RSS feeds.

Are you a-patched ?

I am using A-Patch on it & again I have had none of the problems that person described (Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit)

HawkMan    5,232
I am using A-Patch on it & again I have had none of the problems that person described (Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit)

I didn't say a-patch would cause the problems :)

but it might do it, coudl be dependant on what you patch and the rest of the system. but if he has used a-patch then his bug reports are next to useless. unless he unpatches and has the same error.

my a-patched version hasn't had any issues either, well except when I had it set to polygami it would disconnect a lot, and then spawn another wlm sessio to reconnect :) not having much use for polygami I just disbled it.

Izlude    100

no a-patch here, just regular install. i'll try to reinstall it then.

Izlude    100

my friend reports her emoticons and signature sound are unable to save. each time she opens WLM there's nothing there, so she has to re add everything.

pengiranijam    0

Thanks for update, about the security, what have been updated...? What new and what bugs fixed?

Anyone, please share...

Calum    819
Thanks for update, about the security, what have been updated...? What new and what bugs fixed?

Anyone, please share...

What security update?

I hope there is an update - the new Messenger has so many bugs, but I have to continue using it (now I've been teased into using these amazing new features :p). It would be good to hav an update to fix many of the major bugs.