• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Live Messenger (9) 2009 (14.0.5027.908) released

Alex_is_Axel    3

I have IE7 as my default web browser now so that when i click on the envelope on windows live messenger, it loads up my inbox. After rebooting and what not, when i click on the envelope now, it only loads up the www.msn.com main page. I need to click on "hotmail" and then it displays my emails without asking me to log in. Does this happen for anyone else who has it loading up in IE7? Does anyone know how to get around this? :s

Thanks for your help :)

Titoist    224
Is there any way I can have the native border on XP? I don't really like the default titlebar that comes with WLM (N)

To get rid of the excessive space, reduce your border padding. I have mine set to 0.

PyX    140

Wow, I've used this build of MSN yesterday for like 20 mins, it's really a hit in the eyes according to me. Maybe it's because it's a blurry design or because of all the things that glow, but I think it's a good regression from what we've seen on the past.

The contacts in the contact list are too "boring" to look at or I don't know... but in the last versions they were more "clear" in the list, you could easily look for something. Now you really have to force yourself to find someone in a long list.

The profile picture on the left... well personally I don't like that, but I'm ready to admit some would. It's just... maybe it should be draggable to the right or there should be a radio button option in the preferences to choose its position.

WhoTheF    0

I can't get to install this thing. I have tried both the web and the offline installers but it seems to hang between 50-94%

Its annoying.

I am running Vista Home Pre, 1gig.

TomHall    0

There are things I like and dislike about this version, the conversation window is quite a change, but once I customised it to how I wanted it's good, however, one problem.... I selected my own conversation window background image (and matching colour scheme), a digital photo, thumbs up, very nice now that the window actually scales the image and the conversation text isnt drowned out by the colours in the image, ah, well actually, when you start having a conversation the text appears underneath the 50% white transparent layer meaning that the text is clouded and hardly visible! GRR!

Sean B.    18
I can't get to install this thing. I have tried both the web and the offline installers but it seems to hang between 50-94%

Its annoying.

I am running Vista Home Pre, 1gig.

What's the error code/message you're receiving?

:: Lyon ::    55

I love it, apart from I can't see my custom emoticon anymore when I type the keyboard shortcut (although the other party can)

medosa    0

Help

How to remove this version

as after i installed it using offline installer on vista i can't sign in and show error 8000ffff

and when i tried to remove it i didn't find it in add or remove program

i want a way to remove it t

Lee G.    234
Help

as after i installed it using offline installer on vista i can't sign in and show error 8000ffff

I'd just do a system restore, assuming you have it enabled. I made a restore point just before I installed it, and later on I went back to that point to get back my old install of WLM. Just restore it back to just before you installed WLM 9.

WelshBluebird    95
I love it, apart from I can't see my custom emoticon anymore when I type the keyboard shortcut (although the other party can)

same here. And sometimes there's a delay between typing something, and it coming out in the window.

medosa    0
I'd just do a system restore, assuming you have it enabled. I made a restore point just before I installed it, and later on I went back to that point to get back my old install of WLM. Just restore it back to just before you installed WLM 9.

i'm disappointed as i was disabling system restore before installing it

i wish to find any other solution to remove it or to make it working

SnoopZ    230

Same problem for me too!

WhoTheF    0
What's the error code/message you're receiving?

It doesn't respond after 50%

TomHall    0
i'm disappointed as i was disabling system restore before installing it

i wish to find any other solution to remove it or to make it working

Well you knew that this is beta software! You should always install beta software with the expectations that there will be bugs and thats the whole point of beta software.

Why would you want to disable system restore in the first place?!

Unknown_97784568745    18
Help

Have you rebooted after installing it?

medosa    0

i solved the problem i tried to

1. make repaire using windows live installer

2. make uninstall from the live installer

3. restart computer

4. install again using live installer

now messenger working correctly

frostedfrank    0

doesn't work for me..

just there is no way this new beta will work it seems. and I also can't reinstall from live installer, had to find a .exe/msi of messenger to reinstall otherwise I get catastrophic failure..

man I just want to try this new beta. but I sure ain't going to format just to get it to work...

Tech Star    254

Dam thing does not want to install on my computer. Always fails.

zape    0
For the love of god this left aligned display pictures is driving me NUTS. There's a damn good reason why it was shifted to the right in phpBB 3.0 and there should at least be a bloody option for it to move back to the right.

You must hate Neowin then; Look at your avatar ON THE LEFT.

It makes sense. When someone talks, its logic that they talk to the right and their message is displayed.

Sean B.    18

Any error code or message displayed?

Since I can't edit my post, make sure you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed, Tech Star.

sullyirl    0

I tried out the new WLM, but rolled back to the old one. Its a big change, but I can accept most of it BUT the UI. Its horrible. I like the Vista look when people try it, but I think its failed here. Its not great - the current version is a lot easier to go on the eye and easy to find contacts while this one is harder and to "flash". I know its Beta, but im not sure if I can take the new design when its final (I doubt it will change much).

Other then that, I can take the switch from right to left and other changes. Have they ever fixed the issue with group conversations when people are not "invited" but actually "forced" to join the conversation? Havent had a group convo in a while.

(Btw, first post in a loooong time :p)

+Audioboxer    2,876

Until A-Patch can nuke the hell out of MS' MSN bloat, I won't be touching this :)

Jeston    400

Mine would fail too, until I manually uninstalled the previous version. Happened on two of my computers running different WLM versions.

Boo Berry    2,264

Somebody found a way to patch the ads, expect full A-Patch soon. :)