Windows Live Messenger (9) 2009 (14.0.5027.908) released

Why does it make me close AIM to install this? Wtf. Messenger has nothing to do with AIM, let it alone.

You don't need it, but there a lot of users that didn't switched to WLM yet. As well as whole countries that using ICQ instead because of much better functionality. MS is pushing to make WLM popular in those countries, but still unsuccessfully, because absolute majority needs functionality that WLM is unable to provide. Without adding support for oscar protocol and advanced oscar features WLM will never able to replace it.

Why does it make me close AIM to install this? Wtf. Messenger has nothing to do with AIM, let it alone.

It didn't ask me to close AIM when I installed it. Weird.

Regarding the UI, I think it looks pretty darn attractive. I just wish I could save pictures in Photo Sharing mode, and that PS'ing didnt take up so much space.

Won't work here (Vista 32 bit) when i try to sign in it says "Windows Live Communication Platform Has Stopped Working" WLM 8.5 works fine but i really want to test WLM 9.0. :(

It didn't ask me to close AIM when I installed it. Weird.

Regarding the UI, I think it looks pretty darn attractive. I just wish I could save pictures in Photo Sharing mode, and that PS'ing didnt take up so much space.

yeah that is really odd. told me to close settings and then it closed it

Shared files persumably, it'll be the installer, not Messenger itself. It'd look worse if installing an MS app which crashed competitor IM clients simply because they used the same DLL provided by Windows. Everyone would be screaming hax! :p I presume it just does it to be careful. There have been times when I'll install the same app on two different machines, choose ignore on one and close the apps on the other.. both work fine.

well this won't work, it won't let me sign in and now I try to remove it and well kind of doesn'T work... tried reinstalling old version (stable) but I get catastrophic failure during setup.... wth did I get myself into boooooo

Does anyone know what the Tracing folder in C:\Users\(Username)\ (on Vista) is?

Inside is an empty folder called WPPMedia; and also WindowsLiveMessenger-uccapi-0.uccapilog which is 0 bytes.

I'd like an answer to this as well. Is it a beta thing?

Anyone else finding people are having trouble sending you messages? My friend gets a " The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" 1-3 times when sending me a message.. only occasionally though.

god, this thing is huge. i have to stretch the program window so much just to be able to see my own name.

and then they made the personal msg description even longer so unless you let it take up half your screen, it's always truncated (yes, i'm a little obsessive compulsive). the what's new thing is just plain unnecessary, as is re-adding (Available) (Busy) and whatever after your contacts' names. it's also pretty ugly in XP and doesn't fit in at all.

god, this thing is huge. i have to stretch the program window so much just to be able to see my own name.

and then they made the personal msg description even longer so unless you let it take up half your screen, it's always truncated (yes, i'm a little obsessive compulsive). the what's new thing is just plain unnecessary, as is re-adding (Available) (Busy) and whatever after your contacts' names. it's also pretty ugly in XP and doesn't fit in at all.

- How long is your name? I manage to fit everything in at the same width as I had for the previous msn.

- Whats new can be turned off.

- What XP Theme? Royale Noir + same colour for MSN = nice. :) Can't colour chat windows though, seems that bit is bugged.

Is there a MessengerPlus Live for this?

Not currently, but we'll just have to wait for the announcement from Cyril himself. This beta phase won't be long, so he might simply wait until all products go final :).

Um. How can i get the window frame off? I dont know why but, it appeared when i installed the beta...

dibujoat4.th.jpg

I'm not sure as to why it's not letting users on Vista remove it, XP users still have the option.

Apatch can only do so much. It won't change the UI or anything like that.

Then don't use this beta version and revert to an older version of your liking? Not every client can be pleased, only what the majority of the user-base likes.

I'd like an answer to this as well. Is it a beta thing?

Indeed it is.

Um. How can i get the window frame off? I dont know why but, it appeared when i installed the beta...

dibujoat4.th.jpg

I'm not sure as to why it's not letting users on Vista remove it, XP users still have the option.

It only does that when you change your theme to Windows Vista Basic.

I found the build good just has a few bugs, crashes ones in a while and problem with emotions not showing up. Vista x64. Stop complaining idiots when ever we get a new release all you do is complain go build yourselves a new msn or dont use it at all.

Then don't use this beta version and revert to an older version of your liking? Not every client can be pleased, only what the majority of the user-base likes.

Yeah, I understand. I was just stating that Apatch can remove things, but does not change the UI. I was answering the question, not necessarily expressing my opinion. I am satisfied with WLM 9 so far.

Been trying all day to sign into my messenger only for the communications platform to stop working (it has something to do with wlcomms.exe process in the contacts folder) and i'm giving up with it now. Back to 8.5 for me. :angry: :angry: :crazy:

For the love of god this left aligned display pictures is driving me NUTS. There's a damn good reason why it was shifted to the right in phpBB 3.0 and there should at least be a bloody option for it to move back to the right.

dibujoat4.th.jpg

Is there any way I can have the native border on XP? I don't really like the default titlebar that comes with WLM (N)