[Official] Gears of War 2

Fable 2? Far Cry 2?

Fable II is not very good from what I've been hearing from my own friends who have bought it. Now that doesn't go for everyone but based on what I'm hearing it won't last long. Don't flame on me for the Fable II.

Far Cry 2, completely forgot about it coming out last week. It would fill in for a random one.

Fable 2 is an instant classic, it's being praised by just about every review :yes:

Then again, Gears 2 ending has been getting a lot of negative reviews from players..

Completed Gears2 really easily. Quite disappointed. Still very good, but was expecting more from it. It's just an expansion pack, but it's Gears still so a worthy buy.

hehe i also finished it already but im not disappointed...

You should try some Horde mode with 2 players, see where you can get, its really fun and it gets really hard too..

Then again, Gears 2 ending has been getting a lot of negative reviews from players..

Then again.. Gears 2 hasn't been 'released' yet. lol.

I have a question to all those have got the game early, can start horde mode without Xbox Live (No Internet)? I assume you can by going through LAN setting right?

and I jsut ordered my copy today sooo I should be getting it on the dya it comes out except a few hours late :)

I have heard nasty rumours that Crab Walking, Backflipping and Weapon Sliding glitches are still in Gears 2! :(

Yup, saw some videos with all three in.

I have 2 orders for this, and have to decide which to keep, I have normal and LE ordered, is it really worth it for the limited edition, the difference is ?7.50 from where I ordered.

Any suggestions? any video/screen shot of that Gold Lancer you get in Multiplayer?

I have 2 orders for this, and have to decide which to keep, I have normal and LE ordered, is it really worth it for the limited edition, the difference is ?7.50 from where I ordered.

Any suggestions? any video/screen shot of that Gold Lancer you get in Multiplayer?

You see it in the IGN video review, nothing too special, in fact it looks pretty cheesy....

literally, it looks like cheese

I'm thinking the same, but I still kinda want it to match my GOW1 LE box lol

heh GoW2 gets blasted for it's narrative:

Brawny, burly, and beefy, Marcus Fenix and his bros are an abnormally thick necked posse of gun totting, testosterone jacked numbskulls. Only jibes and retorts are sputtered from their mouths, and the sole emotion mustered on their thick skinned faces is either resolute anger or pinched indifference. Even then, it only appears when these guys have crushed a thousand Locusts underfoot. Just like its predecessor, Gears of War 2 simply relishes in its dimwitted machismo.

I finally think I found a review I agree with. I'm sure it'll upset some chest thumping macho fans though. :p

heh GoW2 gets blasted for it's narrative:

I finally think I found a review I agree with. I'm sure it'll upset some chest thumping macho fans though. :p

Isn't that what Gears 1 & 2 strived to be with their "story/acting"?

It's not meant to be a heartfelt romance..

Isn't that what Gears 1 & 2 strived to be with their "story/acting"?

It's not meant to be a heartfelt romance..

Really? Is that why the shoehorned in Doms wife in GoW2?

Did he even mention her in GoW1? Hell every 2nd scene is about her in 2. :rofl:

That was to cater for big ole softies like you who complained after GOW obviously ;) :p

I just expected more. I mean Unreal was **** poor, Unreal 2 was worse, GoW was missing a chapter all together. How many times do you need a swing before you finally hit it right? :p

Still the console crowd is notoriously easy to please. ;) :p

But anyway, how long till people get this I'm interested in completing it co-op with someone. But I'm not braving it with a complete stranger. :)