[Official] Gears of War 2

Dunno why anyone would want to do this, but just in-case, here's the ending to Gears of War 2.

SPOILERS - http://n4g.com/News-219457.aspx

If you visit the link the video won't play automatically, you need to hit play yourself. Avoid the comments though.

Edited by Audioboxer

Lots of games don't get released in Germany. They're a bit funny about violence there. Sex is ok though.

If anything that's the way it should be, albeit not as crazy as Germanys laws on violence to the point where games, even when rated 18/M can't come out.

Unlike here where it's like rip a guys head off, throw it about, play in the blood... fine... mention of sex and "OMG HOLY HELL, SIDE BOOB?! BAN! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!".

Right. Finished the SP with a mate, time to wait for the online content. :)

I have to admit I'm a skeptic to the series (I thought the 1st was a pile of ######). But this one swung me the set pieces and combat were much improved. :)

Right. Finished the SP with a mate, time to wait for the online content. :)

I have to admit I'm a skeptic to the series (I thought the 1st was a pile of ######). But this one swung me the set pieces and combat were much improved. :)

Word is the ending is pretty poor though.

No actual ending spoilers, just comment on quality of it.

I'll probably do this co-op as well.

Word is the ending is pretty poor though.

No actual ending spoilers, just comment on quality of it.

I'll probably do this co-op as well.

Yeah the last boss battle is <snip>. Then it does the whole <snip>. It's all hollywood clich? stuff. But you don't buy it for the deep engrossing story line. If anyone does say it's a good story in a few weeks I promise I'll hunt them down and beat them to death with a good book!

Long story short for those interested:

Gears mount a final assault on the bad guys, find out bad guys are weakening the supports on their city, find out that if they drop it them selfs (from Marcus' dads research) they can flood the bad guys then so start evacing. Then find out where the queen lives, confronts her and find out she's human (ish). Queen gets away, they leave to help level the city, they level the city after fighting the weakest boss battle in the history of time. Credits roll after they fly off. Marcus' Dad radios in going &quotOMFG WTF R U DOIN LOL>". Cue GoW3.

Edited by Spookie

It was the same for Gears 1 if I remember correctly?

Atleast Germany was iirc.

That is disappointing because on Kotaku they said they first one actually had some success as one of the better initial games for Japan's 360 launch. Not sure why they wouldn't bother this time. :wacko:

Yeah, thanks for preparing us for the ending guys ... :/

Everything I said was spoilered, Spooky kinda gave away a bit too much before the spoiler tags.

Can we get a mod to spoiler the first part of Spookie's post? The boss stuff is kind of spoilers which I accidentally read because I didn't see the black bar. :(

Cut the bits you asked.

If anything that's the way it should be, albeit not as crazy as Germanys laws on violence to the point where games, even when rated 18/M can't come out.

Unlike here where it's like rip a guys head off, throw it about, play in the blood... fine... mention of sex and "OMG HOLY HELL, SIDE BOOB?! BAN! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!".

I always think of it as a "population control". :D

I'm about 2/3s the way through, probably just about done if I'm as far as I think I am, and the story is terrible. But thats fine for me because I approach a FPS like I approach any big budget hollywood popcorn flick, its going to be a special effects fest with a whole lot of bullets, blood and explosions.

Going in with the right frame of mind has allowed me to truly appreciate what this game really is. An absolutely beautiful console shooter that has more graphical polish then any other console shooter I've ever played.

As dumb and simple as it sounds, the one thing that really showed exactly how important the details were to the dev team happened when I was reloading. I just ran an entire clip through my lancer, Fenix pulls it down to reload, and the barrel is a bright molten red with smoke coming out of it that slowly, and smoothly cools back to black. My jaw dropped at such detail. For me its always the little things that differentiate a good game from a great game and the devs made sure that they paid attention to everything.

Characters are stale rehashes, the dialog is average, and the story is about as generic as sci-fi gets, but you wont think twice about that when you're knee deep in alien blood, cutting him in half with a chainsaw while Marcus Fenix yells out OH YEAH!

It was the same for Gears 1 if I remember correctly?

Atleast Germany was iirc.

yeah, i remember lots of germans trying to get the game in the netherlands on the gears 1 releasedate, never seen that many germans at the same time :p

Just over 2 weeks to go, not long. Even less if you preordered :yes:

Do pre orders get it early or something? I was under the impression it was out worldwide on the 7th Nov.

Anyone else got people on their friends list playing this? I?ve seen quite a few... I?m surprised there not banned yet.