[Official] Gears of War 2

for anyone who doesn't know. Futureshop is having a promotion whether you buy the original or the speical edition of Gears 2, it comes with a Locust headshot figurine and COG tags for free. The item itself is worth $200. But damn, it doesn't open at 12am for people living in Ontario. It opens at 8am. Means I have to get up at like 5am and wait for my copy.

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/gow2/#

* I'm not sure if this is an online promotion? or is it both a store and online promotion? anyone help me out? *

Ha, $200.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Exclusive...e/dp/B001E4SSO6

Man, I'm going to the midnight launch at my local Walmart on Thursday, but I have to get up at 5:15 or so the next day to go to track practice. :( Good bye sleep!

ZOMG I can't wait for this game! Have mine pre-ordered at Best Buy. When GOW came out, I didn't pre-order it. After stopping at 3 different places, Best Buy had one last collectors edition that I snagged on release. Won't make that mistake again.

Spookie, how did you get it early, through naughty means?

I got it through a friend of a friend, of a friend, of a friend, his cousin, whos friend worked for epic. ;) :p

I got it through a friend of a friend, of a friend, of a friend, his cousin, whos friend worked for epic. ;) :p

Lies

Or he probably took it from work if he works retail.

There's so many copies in the back warehouse of the Circuit City I work at. I want to take one so badlyy.

It makes me laugh, UT (original, vanilla) had possibly the best Bot AI I'd ever seen. Yet Epic take 9 steps backwards with the AI in Gears 2. I'm coughing up my guts on the floor and the AI goes three laps around me then, rather than picking me up, goes to take cover. :/

It makes me laugh, UT (original, vanilla) had possibly the best Bot AI I'd ever seen. Yet Epic take 9 steps backwards with the AI in Gears 2. I'm coughing up my guts on the floor and the AI goes three laps around me then, rather than picking me up, goes to take cover. :/

The AI is absolutely useless for being revived. There was one part, in a boss battle, where Dom literally ran into me, got stuck for a second, then kept on running. All the while I was downed.

As far as I know they are doing midnight launches, my buddy said the one where I live is having one...I don't see why not...

Is gamestop doing midnight launches?

-Spenser

I just called the store I preordered at and they are. Line starts at 10:00 PM but I will be there before hand to get my spot in line so I can get home quickly and get online and be in love.

Meanwhile I'll be rolling out of bed at 9am and my copy will drop through the letterbox as I'm eating breakfast :) I may even get it a day early.

Lol, who needs midnight launches eh?