[Official] Gears of War 2

I hope I can get this when it comes out at Target because I have around $25 in gift certificates. :D

Hate to break it to ya, but it'll cost more than that :p

I hope I can get this when it comes out at Target because I have around $25 in gift certificates. :D

I got 30 at blockbuster. So either I rent roughly three games or get half of GOW2 payed off. Decisions.

Here's a Kotaku review...

http://kotaku.com/5063516/gears-of-war-2-c...s-+-uninhibited

In short, Gears 2 is The Empire Strikes Back. And I, for one, think that?s a good thing.
I was blown away ? I never get that lost in anything but RTS games, simulations games and Zelda. And I hadn?t gotten the game over screen more than twice.
This magic epiphany of mine is the one you?re all hoping your girlfriend has when you play these games in front of her. I can?t guarantee that Gears will give it to her the way it did to me, but I think it?s a testament to how well made Gears of Waa non-shooter like me can become so wrapped up in the experience that we forget what makes us not like these games in the first place.t place.

Munky has persuaded me to get the game >.>

And rightly so too, did you play Gears 1?

btw, just finished the kotaku review, I wan't it soooo badly :(

Yeah, I did.

I never understood the hype. Once you chainsawed a few locusts and fired a few clips from behind cover it felt like you had tried most of the game. The weapons felt like they had no real kick and the sounds were really crap.

Played some multiplayer with a friend who wasn't that fond of the game either, we kept noticing these clipping issues with the cover system. Like you could see an exposed body part of someone in cover but you weren't able to hit them - Happened ALL THE TIME! Co-op didn't feel like a positive experience either, just felt like you were playing a boring game with a guy you knew. One of the few games where Co-op didn't do much for the game.

So all in all I liked it ( :laugh: )

( Only reason I'm getting it us because I won't have to pay )

Yeah, I did.

I never understood the hype. Once you chainsawed a few locusts and fired a few clips from behind cover it felt like you had tried most of the game. The weapons felt like they had no real kick and the sounds were really crap.

Played some multiplayer with a friend who wasn't that fond of the game either, we kept noticing these clipping issues with the cover system. Like you could see an exposed body part of someone in cover but you weren't able to hit them - Happened ALL THE TIME! Co-op didn't feel like a positive experience either, just felt like you were playing a boring game with a guy you knew. One of the few games where Co-op didn't do much for the game.

Don't have to pay?

Yeah, I did.

Yeah fair enough, I loved the multi player side of it, not sure why though. That's the point, there wasn't a solid reason why I loved the damn game so much.

How come you're not having to pay for it?

Missed out on the original as i didnt have my 360 then, so will deff grab this. Just need to make some time for it with, Wotlk , Farcry2 and Fable 2 all out soon.

Missed out on the original as i didnt have my 360 then, so will deff grab this. Just need to make some time for it with, Wotlk , Farcry2 and Fable 2 all out soon.

you should play Gears 1 before you enter Gears 2 though. well maybe that's just me. lol.

7 hours? I don't know about that...

We went back and forth between Casual and Normal Mode (or however it is worded), mainly sticking to Casual honestly. He really just wanted to play it, and I just wanted to have fun playing it as I already had played it approximately 3 times if not more, especially certain parts, mainly thanks to the various people I played CoOp with when it was released. I also beat it entirely on my own before even playing CoOp with anyone, so yeah, we literally breezed through it. 7 hours tops actually.