[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Going to try to get in some more time with the DLC today as I've only played about 15 minutes worth so far. Definitely want to finish it up before the next DLC hits. Any ideas on when exactly it is supposed to come?

Why do they still use MS points on Games for Windows Live? If I had some points left over after buying this DLC, I wouldn't know what to spend the rest on.

Exactly the same way vouchers work.

Shops get money back on vouchers from people a. not spending them and b. not spending what little is left over.

MS price their DLC and decide the ammounts of points they sell on a card etc. cleverly so that you always have a crappy ammount of points left after you buy anything, it's never enough to buy just that one last thing, if you get what I meant.

So far I don't have many custom or personal weapons except for Sydney's SMG which I find to be pretty effective (except when sniping.) I took down an Enclave Vertibird with it without using VATS. That was cool and unexpected. Only problem was that it hadn't droppeed it's soldiers yet so I missed out on the XP and ammo for not killing them.

So far I don't have many custom or personal weapons except for Sydney's SMG which I find to be pretty effective (except when sniping.) I took down an Enclave Vertibird with it without using VATS. That was cool and unexpected. Only problem was that it hadn't droppeed it's soldiers yet so I missed out on the XP and ammo for not killing them.

I had no clue you could shoot those helicopters down! I must try that.

I also didn't know they could be shot down while they are flying around. I knew they could be destroyed on the ground but I haven't tried shooting one that was flying.

Try shooting them with a Fatman as they are about to land. You will get the satisfaction of destroying the Vertibird and also the privilege of looting the bodies of the Enclave soldiers strewn around. Most of them will be appearing Tesla Armour.

The Pitt has been postponed by a month from Feb 2009 to March 2009.

The Pitt will be the second Fallout 3 downloadable content pack, to be released in early March 2009 for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live.

The following is based on previews of The Pitt, an upcoming Fallout 3 DLC, and may contain spoilers.

In this DLC pack, the player will journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. This DLC is possibly based on some sort of conflict, suggested by the directive to "choose your side" in its advertised description. It is speculated that the player may have different karma-oriented methods of participating in the conflict.

During the latest interview with Bethesda, they state that Pittsburgh was not hit directly by an atomic bomb, but the surrounding water still became radiated making the people change in bad ways.

Apparently The Pitt will be accessed via railway, and will probably be loaded as a separate map from the Capital Wasteland. The Lone Wanderer will go there disguised as a slave in order to join, or usurp, a tribe of raiders that have taken over the steel yards there.

History:

Owyn Lyons saved many young children, including Paladin Kodiak, from The Pitt and rid the area of "scum" in the surrounding regions. This was known as Operation "Scourge". The area was at the center of three, flowing irradiated rivers that altered the population of the area. How it altered them is unknown (Possible FEV virus may have turned them into Super Mutants, high radiation may have turned them feral etc.). Though, considering the history surrounding the area, the DLC is most probably set to take place in the Lone Wanderer's time, as a holotape in Rockopolis indicates heavy raider and slaver presence in The Pitt. Todd Howard released on January 30th that "The Pitt" will have four achievements worth 100 points.

Source: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pitt_%28DLC%29

http://www.oxmpodcast.com/?p=179

I feel Bethesda should release a DLC on the lines of Oblivion's Shivering Isles. Oh, that was just like another game :)

I feel Bethesda should release a DLC on the lines of Oblivion's Shivering Isles. Oh, that was just like another game :)

Yes, I agree. Instead of releasing Anchorage, I would have rather had them spent more time on more fulfilling (and long) DLC.

Keeps crashing when I leave vats to shoot people emotarghrf6.gif

I was going to blame ffdshow, until I stopped it loading when Fallout 3 was running, so it's not that (might be the drivers, they're slightly out of date, but only by a single release)

Edit: And I overwrote my newer save with an older one >.<

Edited by The_Decryptor

The Lincoln Repeater is a nice custom rifle. Visit the National Archives.

The Lincoln Repeater is a nice custom rifle. Visit the National Archives.

The Lincoln's Repeater is not a custom made weapon(if that is what you meant). It is a .44 magnum rifle.

It is not found in the National Archives but found in the upper level of the Museum of History.

I'm having a great time going through a second time, game is definitely one of the best from last year.

I can only hope the next one isn't too far away, I think I would prefer a Fallout 4 to another elder scrolls, that is unless they took a more simpler route to levelling and skills in the next ES and also gave us the chance to get a house near the beginning, its a life saver in this game being able tos ave thigns for repairing later on.

If latest rumors are to be believed, they are working actually on the next Elder Scrolls game which now moves from Cyrodil province to Skyrrim,another province of Tamriel. Bethesda's each and every game will get my money.

If latest rumors are to be believed, they are working actually on the next Elder Scrolls game which now moves from Cyrodil province to Skyrrim,another province of Tamriel. Bethesda's each and every game will get my money.

Cool.

Me and Oblivion didn't really get along too well, I enjoyed it for a bit, but not near the level that I love Fallout 3, but depending what they do with the next one I might get it.

There are two pieces of Fallout 3 DLC on the way. One called "The Pitt", one called "Broken Steel". They were due soon, but according to Bethesda, they'll now be here a little later.

Don't worry, though. It's nothing drastic. "The Pitt" will now be out in March, with "Broken Steel" out a month later, in April.

By May, then, you'll not only have new areas to explore and new quests to complete, but an expansion to the game's level cap as well.

As with the first piece of DLC, "Operation Anchorage", both will only be available on PC and 360.

Kotaku

Well I knew that The Pitt was delayed from a couple posts above but I didn't know about Broken Steel. Sad days for Fallout 3. :(

Here is some more info on the 3rd DLC :

Broken Steel

Broken Steel will be the third Fallout 3 downloadable content pack, likely to be released in April 2009 for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live.

The following is based on previews of Broken Steel, an upcoming Fallout 3 DLC, and may contain spoilers.

In this DLC pack, you will join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. It will let player continue their adventures after the end of the main quest and raise the level cap to 30. It will also include new enemies and perks.

It is confirmed that the player character will still be the Lone Wanderer, even if the "sacrifice" option was taken at the end of Take it Back!.

The unused Enclave Shock Trooper armor may be used, or was a placeholder for another armor.

It is also unknown if there would be a bad karma option for tasks as joining the enclave. This DLC pack may just be a good karma one, which can also raise questions if there would be a future DLC pack for evil characters.

It is possible that the ending will be changed so you can get your follower (whether it be a robot, a ghoul, or a super mutant) will press the button instead of you. This was only talked about a little in the OXM podcast Episode 150 in the interview with Todd Howard.

According to Jeff Gardiner: "In our third DLC, ?Broken Steel,? we?ve come up with a way of allowing the player to continue on past the game ending? by changing it!"

Todd Howard released on January 30th that "Broken Steel" will have six achievements worth 150 points.

Source: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Steel