[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Woohoo, I can help my favorite gamer here on Neowin on a game I love! I've hooked up my computer to my TV (Samsung LN32A550 1080p) and play games on there sometimes. I've played F3 on there maxed and just like with your experience, it runs great and looks fantastic.

I would recommend going to the market first because that will get you a bunch of experience. The next thing I did after that was go deliver that note. From there I would do virtually everything Moira has for you when she is making her book. Her quests are easy and give you a bunch of XP.

I guess I don't want to persuade you against science/computer skills but virtually everything that can be hacked has a lock or some easier way of getting in. Hence why my lockpick still was my first one to 100. :p

I would probably disarm the bomb like you said, but do it later on when you have extra skill points to spare because doesn't it need explosive points or something that doesn't get much use anyway?

Any other questions, let me know!

Nice, thanks!

Ooh. Did not know that about the computers. I would much rather get my lockpick up, I like that!

And sounds like a good plan of attack. :yes:

I think you need 35 Explosives to disarm it. I went to the market, activated the protectron (get the ID card) and let him distract the raiders so I could get out, then I attempted going to Minefield and found Big Town, that got me enough experience to disarm it.

Disarming it (and killing Burke, his clothes are snazzy) gets Talon company on your case, but they're an easy source of ammo and guns (got my first laser rifle off of one of them, and a missile launcher off of a raider :/ )

And hmmm, I did the market part on the 360 version, I do not remember it all to well, do you mean once you get to the very far back left?

Cool, thank you both very much. I will be back with questions I am sure. :yes:

I went in on the right side entrance, jumped over the counter and grabbed ammo and food (or medicine, can't remember the exact layout), then I sneaked around to the back and took out the raiders I could find (by luck, I threw a grenade at a door and missed, but they ran out and I saw gibs), then I got the ID card and enabled the protectron, when you go back out more raiders turn up, kill them off and flee.

Woohoo, I can help my favorite gamer here on Neowin on a game I love! I've hooked up my computer to my TV (Samsung LN32A550 1080p) and play games on there sometimes. I've played F3 on there

I love how you always slide in a reference to your TV and the model number in almost every post :rofl:

( This is meant light hearted :) )

I love how you always slide in a reference to your TV and the model number in almost every post :rofl:

( This is meant light hearted :) )

Very proud of my TV and paying for it myself makes me even prouder (bought it was I just turned 19).

I guess I include it because I think it makes a difference. Rather than saying you play on a TV which might actually be something like a low end Dynex, degrades the experience quite a bit.

DL, there's a mission you can do for Moriarity that's quick and easy, and nets you a lot of health items.

Also, if you can get there fast enough, hightail it down to Rivet City (in the Southeast corner of the map), and do the Andriod mission. It's a fairly easy way to get one of the better weapons in the game early on.

DL, there's a mission you can do for Moriarity that's quick and easy, and nets you a lot of health items.

Also, if you can get there fast enough, hightail it down to Rivet City (in the Southeast corner of the map), and do the Andriod mission. It's a fairly easy way to get one of the better weapons in the game early on.

Cool. What is the mission for Moriarty? I talked to him and he did not mention any mission. At least I do not think he did, I tend to click through things rather fast as they talk to slow for me. :laugh:

And I have not played yet since I asked, I am still in Megaton and just talked to Moriarty and robbed one house that I remember was good robbing back when I played, so can I go down to Rivet City like now?

Cool. What is the mission for Moriarty? I talked to him and he did not mention any mission. At least I do not think he did, I tend to click through things rather fast as they talk to slow for me. :laugh:

And I have not played yet since I asked, I am still in Megaton and just talked to Moriarty and robbed one house that I remember was good robbing back when I played, so can I go down to Rivet City like now?

Yeah, you can go to Rivet City at any time. You skip a mission or two, but I did it that way on my 2nd playthrough, still got up to level 20 easily.

Here is the quest for Moriarity (spoilers)

Yeah, you can go to Rivet City at any time. You skip a mission or two, but I did it that way on my 2nd playthrough, still got up to level 20 easily.

Here is the quest for Moriarity (spoilers)

Hmmm, I think I might have blown it with Moriarty already. I talked to him, and somehow I was succesful getting info on my father even though it only said 22% or something like that when I tried, so he just gave me the info free... Can I retry it if I already did it?

Sorry for the complete noob questions here, but I am pretty new to this whole talking to people thing, I mainly just like to shoot stuff. :laugh:

Sorry for the complete noob questions here, but I am pretty new to this whole talking to people thing, I mainly just like to shoot stuff. :laugh:

That tends to screw things up quite quickly in this game. :p

That tends to screw things up quite quickly in this game. :p

Im trying man, I am...

So another question...

so I just told The Sherrif about Burke wanting me to blow up the bomb. We went to talk to Burke and next thing I know he shot the sherrif dead!! I killed him, then took both of their things, so my question is does that really mess anything up? Now I have the keys to the sheriffs place, but not sure if that is good or bad...

And also, what is the best stuff to sell early on? Who is the best person to sell to?

Is there anywhere I can store stuff?

Reason I ask is at the Mart, which I just did, I kept getting encumbered real easy and had to keep dropping stuff. It was mainly because of the raiders armor and stuff so no huge loss, but even when I went back to talk to Moira and she gave me some things, it was saying again I was encumbered...

I will be honest, not sure yet if this is my type of game or not. I like it and I do not like it, as if I want to think, I would read a book. And totally not being a wise ass here or knocking anyone, just saying I am more of a FPS shoot things guy as I stated above, so definitely an adjustment here. I am pressing on though, definitely nowhere even near close to giving up, just giving an explanation behind some of the questions I am asking, as this is all definitely a big change of speed to what I am used to.

Im trying man, I am...

So another question...

so I just told The Sherrif about Burke wanting me to blow up the bomb. We went to talk to Burke and next thing I know he shot the sherrif dead!! I killed him, then took both of their things, so my question is does that really mess anything up? Now I have the keys to the sheriffs place, but not sure if that is good or bad...

And also, what is the best stuff to sell early on? Who is the best person to sell to?

Is there anywhere I can store stuff?

Reason I ask is at the Mart, which I just did, I kept getting encumbered real easy and had to keep dropping stuff. It was mainly because of the raiders armor and stuff so no huge loss, but even when I went back to talk to Moira and she gave me some things, it was saying again I was encumbered...

I will be honest, not sure yet if this is my type of game or not. I like it and I do not like it, as if I want to think, I would read a book. And totally not being a wise ass here or knocking anyone, just saying I am more of a FPS shoot things guy as I stated above, so definitely an adjustment here. I am pressing on though, definitely nowhere even near close to giving up, just giving an explanation behind some of the questions I am asking, as this is all definitely a big change of speed to what I am used to.

Ha ha ha, don't worry about the Sheriff thing. That happens every time when you tell him to go talk to the guy. I would stick with selling to Moira because she always has a large amount of caps available. To get better prices for items you want to sell, combine them. That is something I forgot to mention earlier. I didn't' know about "repairing" items until over half way through playing the game. Repairing items gives them a higher durability which means more $$$ for you. So along with lock pick make sure you keep pumping up that repair skill.

Early on you will probably be over encumbered a lot. To increase how many items you can carry, you will have to increase your strength.

Ha ha ha, don't worry about the Sheriff thing. That happens every time when you tell him to go talk to the guy. I would stick with selling to Moira because she always has a large amount of caps available. To get better prices for items you want to sell, combine them. That is something I forgot to mention earlier. I didn't' know about "repairing" items until over half way through playing the game. Repairing items gives them a higher durability which means more $$$ for you. So along with lock pick make sure you keep pumping up that repair skill.

Early on you will probably be over encumbered a lot. To increase how many items you can carry, you will have to increase your strength.

Also, take the Sherriff's key, and go into his apartment, and find the bobblehead, which will give you an automatic permanant +1 boost to strength.

I saved the sheriff in my playthrough, so he's still wandering around town.

I want his duster though :(

How the hell did you save him?

I actually had to do it twice, as I just knew Burke was gonna try to shoot him, so I shot Burke first without even waiting for him to shoot, and the whole bar unloaded on me including the sherrif. I was dead almost instantly...

So the second time naturally I waited, and it was like Burke was Quick Draw McGraw or something, had no chance to save the sherrif at all. :laugh:

I have his key though, and I had to do stuff last night, so I literally did a Quicksave when I went into his Apartment, will grab the bobblehead for sure.

Thanks again all. I am sure I will be back with more questions. :rofl:

I actually had to do it twice, as I just knew Burke was gonna try to shoot him, so I shot Burke first without even waiting for him to shoot, and the whole bar unloaded on me including the sherrif. I was dead almost instantly...

So the second time naturally I waited, and it was like Burke was Quick Draw McGraw or something, had no chance to save the sherrif at all. :laugh:

I have his key though, and I had to do stuff last night, so I literally did a Quicksave when I went into his Apartment, will grab the bobblehead for sure.

You just reminded me of something I forgot to tell you. I don't know how many save files you had going when you were playing the 360 but save a ton. After every hour or so I create a completely new save file (along with just quicksaves). That way if something gamebreaking happens or just a glitch, I have something to fall back on.

Stand between Burke and the Sheriff (but not directly of course) and watch Burke's hands, the second the gun appears in his hand enter VATS and introduce his head to your bullets.

Too slow and the Sheriff dies, too fast and everybody hates you (Megaton residents are easy though, I killed 90% of the residents with their own weapons, and ended up beating Nova to death with my fists)

You just reminded me of something I forgot to tell you. I don't know how many save files you had going when you were playing the 360 but save a ton. After every hour or so I create a completely new save file (along with just quicksaves). That way if something gamebreaking happens or just a glitch, I have something to fall back on.

Now that makes A LOT of sense. LOL So far I have only used the Quicksave like a real dumbass. :blush:

Stand between Burke and the Sheriff (but not directly of course) and watch Burke's hands, the second the gun appears in his hand enter VATS and introduce his head to your bullets.

Too slow and the Sheriff dies, too fast and everybody hates you (Megaton residents are easy though, I killed 90% of the residents with their own weapons, and ended up beating Nova to death with my fists)

Ahhh, makes complete sense... well as you can see above, I cannot go back because I have not been thinking clearly, but now I will definitely manually save as often as possible.

Been going for all the trophies the last couple of day [PS3] and I'm truly addicted again! I have a level 20 with every skill at 100 xD And all the unique weapons (bar The Terrible Shotgun which I somehow Lost :( ) Wish there was DLC for PS3 though =\

Been going for all the trophies the last couple of day [PS3] and I'm truly addicted again! I have a level 20 with every skill at 100 xD And all the unique weapons (bar The Terrible Shotgun which I somehow Lost :( ) Wish there was DLC for PS3 though =\

Yeah I feel the same, I wish I hadn't jumped now at christmas when it was just ?19.99 and got it for PS3 but I am missing out on so much! but when I build my gaming rig later this year I am so buying it on steam.