[Official] Call of Duty: World at War

My advice is, if you have a lot of games you want to buy in the upcoming season, and looking for games you can do without, this is definitely one of them. COD4 will give you the exact same experience (albeit without some of the menu rearrangements etc), and you can spend your money on another game.

Of course try it out and see for yourself, not everyone is gonna agree with me here and probably love it. I can do without it though.

My advice is, if you have a lot of games you want to buy in the upcoming season, and looking for games you can do without, this is definitely one of them. COD4 will give you the exact same experience (albeit without some of the menu rearrangements etc), and you can spend your money on another game.

Of course try it out and see for yourself, not everyone is gonna agree with me here and probably love it. I can do without it though.

Wonder what Sethos thinks, was he not a COD4 junkie?

I'm positive that is ONE of the games he likes :laugh:

There's no way it deserves a ?40 price tag, it's just an expansion pack for COD4. Honestly, it's the same exact game with a new skin and maps. Oh and dogs....which are really boring.

Will not be buying it(N))

I'd recommend COD4 over this which is cheaper, will no doubt keep the popularity and has plenty of DLC out there already.

I agree.

I'll probably buy WaW when it hits the $20-25 range.

After playing a few games with him I think he likes it but hates some of the current issues xD

Same as me really, it isn't bad but just acts like a CoD4 rip-off

Indeed he hates it, but says it's nothing like COD4 :laugh:

Yeah, just the same engine, menus etc etc, not much!

Thanks to who eh :p

All the blood sweat and tears to get you a key!

And in the end....**** game (N)

Think I may very well stick to Call of Duty 4.

World at War is so much more frustrating than any game I have ever played ( Okay, Bad Company is up there as well ). The horrendous bullet lag on some of the weapons, especially rifles really gets you killed often. Plus the damage system is well off compared to Call of Duty 4. Sometimes I see a guy, put up the ironsight and hit him 2-3 times with the famous "Hit-click" where he just turns around and fires a shot which kills me, not even a headshot!

I also manage to get stuck every time I lie down. We were playing that ****ty night level where I was camping out in a tower with my pistol, had run out of BAR ammo. A was up against a wall with a chair and a table aiming towards the ladder. I get up to look out the window and lie down again and my aim is just to the left of the ladder, so I try to get up and move but I am permanently stuck, guy crawls up and kills me ( One kill left for dogs ). Like the 17th time I manage to get stuck some pathetic place.

Not to mention the odd bullet penetration, seems like they used a wrong 'material' type on some of the objects - Sometimes I can't shoot through thin wood while other times I can shoot through thick metal with the same weapon. Not too fond of the dogs either, with the helicopter you could at least hide in a building and wait for it to disappear. Now the dogs just finds you and while you are trying to fend them off someone just walks in and shoot you. Then there's the new addition of gas which blurs and 'stuns' you which every man and god uses, then you have to sacrifice a perk spot to avoid it.

The tanks feel extremely weak, they aren't scary at all since they go down in just a few shots and they are useless against infantry. I tried driving one and take a few shots, most of the time there is absolutely no splash damage whatsoever and you can get up behind a tank so easily. Feels tacked on plus the driving physics just feel like, ermm, crap.

Then we also have the "Telescopic sights" and "Aperture sight" I believe they are called, just copies of ACOG and Red Dot with different colours. The "Telescopic sights" even suffers from the same problem the ACOG did, like you aren't really hitting what the hell you are aiming at, which I believe was fixed later on in CoD 4?

I could go on about this games flaws but suffice to say, I won't be buying it. Will just stick to Call of Duty 4 which has everything I need, didn't need a rehash of the game in a new era.

Also a bonus question, anyone else 'surprised' to see silencers for some of the weapons, even some of the scopes? Every documentary, every war-game, every war movie I've ever seen, I never saw a freaking silencer for the MP40, the Gewher 43?! Just seems silly for me. Also the BAR, you can add a bipod for increase accuracy ... yet it isn't even folded out? I know these may be random details but it still looks crap and takes away the feel.

In the end it's just another milking attempt sanctioned by Infinity Ward. I will personally wait for Call of Duty 6 and just leave this be :)

I have no games to buy the next few months :(

Edited by Sethos

I don't know if you believe what Sethos just put, but that is 100% accurate in relation to the beta, everything mentioned in his post is a recurring issue on WaW

Think I may very well stick to Call of Duty 4.

World at War is so much more frustrating than any game I have ever played ( Okay, Bad Company is up there as well ). The horrendous bullet lag on some of the weapons, especially rifles really gets you killed often. Plus the damage system is well off compared to Call of Duty 4. Sometimes I see a guy, put up the ironsight and hit him 2-3 times with the famous "Hit-click" where he just turns around and fires a shot which kills me, not even a headshot!

I also manage to get stuck every time I lie down. We were playing that ****ty night level where I was camping out in a tower with my pistol, had run out of BAR ammo. A was up against a wall with a chair and a table aiming towards the ladder. I get up to look out the window and lie down again and my aim is just to the left of the ladder, so I try to get up and move but I am permanently stuck, guy crawls up and kills me ( One kill left for dogs ). Like the 17th time I manage to get stuck some pathetic place.

Not to mention the odd bullet penetration, seems like they used a wrong 'material' type on some of the objects - Sometimes I can't shoot through thin wood while other times I can shoot through thick metal with the same weapon. Not too fond of the dogs either, with the helicopter you could at least hide in a building and wait for it to disappear. Now the dogs just finds you and while you are trying to fend them off someone just walks in and shoot you. Then there's the new addition of gas which blurs and 'stuns' you which every man and god uses, then you have to sacrifice a perk spot to avoid it.

The tanks feel extremely weak, they aren't scary at all since they go down in just a few shots and they are useless against infantry. I tried driving one and take a few shots, most of the time there is absolutely no splash damage whatsoever and you can get up behind a tank so easily. Feels tacked on plus the driving physics just feel like, ermm, crap.

Then we also have the "Telescopic sights" and "Aperture sight" I believe they are called, just copies of ACOG and Red Dot with different colours. The "Telescopic sights" even suffers from the same problem the ACOG did, like you aren't really hitting what the hell you are aiming at, which I believe was fixed later on in CoD 4?

I could go on about this games flaws but suffice to say, I won't be buying it. Will just stick to Call of Duty 4 which has everything I need, didn't need a rehash of the game in a new era.

Also a bonus question, anyone else 'surprised' to see silencers for some of the weapons, even some of the scopes? Every documentary, every war-game, every war movie I've ever seen, I never saw a freaking silencer for the MP40, the Gewher 43?! Just seems silly for me. Also the BAR, you can add a bipod for increase accuracy ... yet it isn't even folded out? I know these may be random details but it still looks crap and takes away the feel.

In the end it's just another milking attempt sanctioned by Infinity Ward. I will personally wait for Call of Duty 6 and just leave this be :)

I have no games to buy the next few months :(

I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, but you're not the only one getting stuck on maps. I've gotten stuck too. A couple of times. Theres a thread over in the Xbox forums where you can report any weird things you may come across so it can be "fixed" in the final release. Quite a few people have said they have gotten stuck on maps. It also almost always happens when I need one more kill for the dogs...

And speaking of, I also have come to not like the dogs either. You're right, you really cannot hide from them, they will find you and that does seem to be a little annoying.

As for the bipod for the BAR, it doesnt work when you're prone, and if that's what you mean, I think it should be folded out while prone. It only works on window sills/rails etc which really doesnt make sense if it works on those, but not while you're laying prone.

Cant really say anything more, as I havent driven a tank yet, or gotten the scopes or silencers unlocked. (well i assume they are unlockable)

Edited by habnad

Just played two matches and wow, it is a lot more similar than I thought...:(

Thankfully, I was able to carry over my COD4 experience directly to this and I got 30 some kills on that big tank map. Sadly it seems nobody else got more than 5 kills on my team so we were beaten badly. I enjoyed it in the sense that I think I could play well like in COD4 but since it is so similar, it just feels like more of the old. I mean for heaven sakes even the menus are almost identical!

/Pat yourself on the back over. :p

to be honest, COD5 is just the engine for COD4, with a WWII twist. It's nothing special, but then again COD4 was perfect, making this game on my purchase list :D

I still wish they made a COD5: Advanced Warfare 2

Speaking of the tank stage, there is a glitch already. I seen a group of people going near a "dark circle" and falling through the stage... where they just shoot up at you

flew home from work to try and get a PC beta key... akfklajdfkaj dfka j you guys make me sad..

Does anyone have a spare PC beta key PEEEWWEEASE!!

flew home from work to try and get a PC beta key... akfklajdfkaj dfka j you guys make me sad..

Does anyone have a spare PC beta key PEEEWWEEASE!!

You flew home from work :blink:

How far away from home do you work dude lol

I know I have Green Eye and Phee on my friends list, but if anybody wants to get together to win a couple games, send me a friend invite.

Are you going to be around in about an hour/hour and a half? I'm down to play a couple rounds...once I get home from work.

Are you going to be around in about an hour/hour and a half? I'm down to play a couple rounds...once I get home from work.

Nah, I'll be eating sorry. Just played a couple more rounds, ugh not liking it anymore yet. Maybe playing with some fellow Neowinians would do the trick.

Nah, I'll be eating sorry. Just played a couple more rounds, ugh not liking it anymore yet. Maybe playing with some fellow Neowinians would do the trick.

Well I just rolled in from work for the night.

I'll be around if you get the time.

FYI, not going to send a friend invite. I'm already on your list. :laugh:

game is way overrated, don't buy it. we might even be seeing a lawsuit of some sort from IW because Treyarch basically copied their system. and besides, WWII games are done anyways.

game is way overrated, don't buy it. we might even be seeing a lawsuit of some sort from IW because Treyarch basically copied their system. and besides, WWII games are done anyways.

They are both subsidiaries of the same company (Activision) and so Infinity Ward can't even begin thinking of suing Treyarch as all Intellectual Property is owned by Activision and not Infinity Ward or Treyarch.

hello all. sorry. but not reading thru all these pages to look for answer. and if it has been posted already, i apologize. i have a beta key, how do i get the game to enter then key and see if i am good to go?? thanks much for your help.

hello all. sorry. but not reading thru all these pages to look for answer. and if it has been posted already, i apologize. i have a beta key, how do i get the game to enter then key and see if i am good to go?? thanks much for your help.

first step... post it here :D

lol kidding.

Just go into the dashboard, hit left to marketplace, and go to "redeem code" and enter it. it should go right to the download page