[Official] Call of Duty: World at War

Green_Eye
Is anybody still playing? I finally got home so I might have some free time. If not tonight (since I'm studying) tomorrow I don't have much going on.

I'm on for tomorrow (Y)

Larry, thanks for looking out, and habnad, thank you so much for the code.

As far as the game goes, it's okay. I'd personally stick to COD4. Also, the textures seem really weird to me.

I do however, really like the game mode WAR. really reminds me of battlefield, and it's the only mode Larry, Habnad, and I don't totally suck in LOL.

You are not alone... Something really wrong about the whole graphical look of this game. Cannot for the life of me point it out but it just don't seem right.

CoD 4 is graphically better IMO.

habnad
Larry, thanks for looking out, and habnad, thank you so much for the code.

As far as the game goes, it's okay. I'd personally stick to COD4. Also, the textures seem really weird to me.

I do however, really like the game mode WAR. really reminds me of battlefield, and it's the only mode Larry, Habnad, and I don't totally suck in LOL.

Not a problem at all man. Just don't forget about me Feb 1st. ;)

Meant to tell you, funny thing about that, is I had told Larry right before you replied that I was going to tell you that you owed me beers! :laugh:

You are not alone... Something really wrong about the whole graphical look of this game. Cannot for the life of me point it out but it just don't seem right.

CoD 4 is graphically better IMO.

Yeah, I'll agree to an extent. The graphical look does seem "off" compared to COD4. But...and Larry pointed this out...there's more colors (especially on the Castle map). The buildings, the landscape, even the ground is much more colorful and bright than the majority of the original COD4 maps.

DirtyLarry
Haha but be honest DL take away Mystic and you take away the Pwnage :laugh:

Don't look now but I think me and you, we kinda suck (in comparison) :p

It's all good and well because we always have buckets of fun (Y)

Oh without any doubt, without mystic, we would never win. LOL

And I was not so impressed last night, but I only played 20 minutes.

Played a good hour and a half tonight, and it has grown on me. I definitely like War the most out of all the modes. I still do not think it is better than COD4, but with that said, I think it is pretty damn close, just obviously way different weapons, which lets be honest, the more modern guns in a COD4 are just more fun and powerful to use. That does not mean I think the weapons in this game are not fun to use, just different.

And I also do like the different take/approach on some of the perks, and also just some of the affects of using certain items, like the Gas grenade which causes you to get dizzy/disoriented, I think the way the handled that specific one is a cool approach.

Also as habnad pointed out I said, I personally think the graphics are just as good as COD4, it is just there is a very different color palette used in certain maps than compared to COD4 (so much so in the Castle Map), so it does have a slightly different look to it overall, but I personally think the graphics look almost identical to COD4.

So I actually like it overall. Still not sure if it is a definite purchase, but that is simply because of the overwhelming about of games being released soon, and nothing else.

LOC

It feels alot like CoD 4, which is a good thing imo. But I totally love the gun sounds. They sound awesome, way better than they did in CoD 3 actually. The maps are nice, and the flow of the game feels pretty solid. So, I'll probably pick it up for PC when it comes out, maybe for the 360 later if I see it turns out to be as popular as the previous game currently is :)

.KICK

Cheers for the games Habnad, Massiveterra and Larry. Definitely made the game more fun but I am still not liking it a whole deal. Like Massiveterra said, the textures do seem pretty off but they do have more colour than COD4 I suppose.

Oh and dogs are so annoying!

Green_Eye
Cheers for the games Habnad, Massiveterra and Larry. Definitely made the game more fun but I am still not liking it a whole deal. Like Massiveterra said, the textures do seem pretty off but they do have more colour than COD4 I suppose.

Oh and dogs are so annoying!

I love dogs but I was more then happy to put continuous rounds of shotguns shells into the ones presented in this game. So annoying :|

And DL I agree with the color selection being more vibrant now but something about the way the games looks still bugs me. It's not as crisp as CoD 4 was. CoD 4 had the "wow" effect on me the first time I played it which was online and I kept getting that "wow" feeling many times after so for lack of technical words I didn't get that "wow" feeling with this game :p :laugh:

Sethos

First thing I noticed was, it looked like the game ran at a very low resolution compared to Call of Duty 4, lots of jaggies and every texture also seemed low-res and very muddy ( Not war-muddy just low-res muddy ).

Maybe that's just me?

Green_Eye
First thing I noticed was, it looked like the game ran at a very low resolution compared to Call of Duty 4, lots of jaggies and every texture also seemed low-res and very muddy ( Not war-muddy just low-res muddy ).

Maybe that's just me?

Nope not just you. That is spot on (Y)

.KICK

Maybe that's just me?

I am playing it in 1080p and it does look pretty bad like you said :(

Massiveterra

HOW THE HELL CAN DOGS KILL ME WITH ONE BITE!?!?!?!?

+Mystic

Normally they took a minimum of 2-3 on me.

Massiveterra

Even if it's 2 bites I think it's a little unfair, especially if you're being attacked by 2 dogs and someone else is shooting at you at the same time. but then again, I'm a big crybaby

.KICK
Even if it's 2 bites I think it's a little unfair, especially if you're being attacked by 2 dogs and someone else is shooting at you at the same time. but then again, I'm a big crybaby

You love them really ;)

what

They only kill you in one bite if you look at them :) You can hear them coming from quite far away so it's not that bad. No where near as annoying as the chopper in COD4 catching you out after the game decides to spawn you way out in the open.

Massiveterra

speaking of annoying, how bout them airsrikes? :crazy:

.KICK
speaking of annoying, how bout them airsrikes? :crazy:

Yup, no delay between them so its just one after the other!

Sethos

There's no airstrikes in WaW :blink: ?

.KICK
There's no airstrikes in WaW :blink: ?

He meant the shell drop thing! The thing you get after 5 kills in a row!

Sethos

Oh, artillery.

Browno

Anyone got one code?, thanks Pheee for the effort and Trickierstinky , just that one more would be more helpful xD

Massiveterra
He meant the shell drop thing! The thing you get after 5 kills in a row!

whoops sorry...I meant shell drop thing :p

Sethos
whoops sorry...I meant shell drop thing :p

ARTILLERY you heathens! :p

.KICK
ARTILLERY you heathens! :p

Still fires shells :p

Sethos

Yeah but what do you call the weapons in the game, "Bullet firing things" :laugh: ?

.KICK
Yeah but what do you call the weapons in the game, "Bullet firing things" :laugh: ?

When you're getting attacked by the dogs and having to deal with them at the same time!