There is Nothing Wrong with Vista

When I first tried vista I wasn't too happy (I'm talking RIGHT after release) I mean it was plenty fast on my 3.0ghz p4, 2 gb ram and 7600gs. But games were awful! I could't turn on aa in any source game or my frames would just plummet. Eventually nvidia's drivers got to the point where I got the same fps as windows xp. Nvidia (and others) pathetic excuses for drivers are the main problem vista started getting a bad rap. And there is no excuse not to have 4 gb if you are getting a new pc. You can get four gigs of ddr2 800 for under 70 dollars! I remember paying that much for 1 gig! And vista uses it effectively making the system seem very responsive.

*edit*

damn you can get 4 gigs for friggin 50 bucks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134730

people bitch about vista's system requirements. This is a valid complaint. i wouldn't run vista on 1 gb or 512 mb of ram either.

But I also would never EVER run xp on 64 mb or 128 mb it would be incredibly slow. (I would recommend an absolute minimum of 512 for xp.) The system requirements for every ms os are like that, same for computer games. You can't play most games on high if you barely meet the recommended requirements.

Edited by ViperAFK

There is nothing wrong with Vista

You want to bet? Shutdown freezing, wireless constantly disconnecting, IE going wacko, Auto-Play not working sometimes, Random error messages popping up and windows update freezing are just half the problems I experience on Vista that I NEVER experienced on XP. Oh how I wish I had XP again. If it weren’t because of driver issues and stuff, I would’ve reformatted my HD and installed XP long time ago.

You want to bet? Shutdown freezing, wireless constantly disconnecting, IE going wacko, Auto-Play not working sometimes, Random error messages popping up and windows update freezing are just half the problems I experience on Vista that I NEVER experienced on XP.

Something's wrong on your end then.

Something's wrong on your end then.

Again, I must reiterate: I never had these problems on previous OS. I buy a new computer and these things happen. My friends have Vista too and they have their share of problems as well. So, don't dare blame this on my end.

Again, I must reiterate: I never had these problems on previous OS. I buy a new computer and these things happen. My friends have Vista too and they have their share of problems as well. So, don't dare blame this on my end.

Do these things happen to occur on computers with Vista pre-installed along with various crapware? You wouldn't believe the number of problems that went away by simply removing that added crap, especially Norton.

Do these things happen to occur on computers with Vista pre-installed along with various crapware? You wouldn't believe the number of problems that went away by simply removing that added crap, especially Norton.

Yes, my computer was pre-installed with Vista. The "crapware" I have is AVG, Zone Alarm, and Spybot. I refuse to spend money on Norton. I can't remove those because Vista will get attacked if I do. I need some sort of security.

Yes, my computer was pre-installed with Vista. The "crapware" I have is AVG, Zone Alarm, and Spybot. I refuse to spend money on Norton. I can't remove those because Vista will get attacked if I do. I need some sort of security.

I'm all for pointing out what is wrong with Vista, but Windows is not going to magically become infected with viruses the very second you remove a virus scanner.

I've used Windows for years without any sort of virus scanner or spyware scanner running. (I perform manual scans, I don't like to have any utilities like that running full time)

I'm all for pointing out what is wrong with Vista, but Windows is not going to magically become infected with viruses the very second you remove a virus scanner.

I've used Windows for years without any sort of virus scanner or spyware scanner running. (I perform manual scans, I don't like to have any utilities like that running full time)

i spent that last month without any antivirus

its all down to the user most of the time

You want to bet? Shutdown freezing, wireless constantly disconnecting, IE going wacko, Auto-Play not working sometimes, Random error messages popping up and windows update freezing are just half the problems I experience on Vista that I NEVER experienced on XP. Oh how I wish I had XP again. If it weren?t because of driver issues and stuff, I would?ve reformatted my HD and installed XP long time ago.

You obviously have some sort of driver issue. I have never had one of these problems.

You obviously have some sort of driver issue. I have never had one of these problems.

Good for you!! So I guess Vista is fine then. And my uncle has been smoking for over 30 years and doesn't have any cancer. So, I guess smoking is good for your health. :rolleyes:

Its a long time coming but Im glad to finally see Vista praising posts. The more the merrier. Im another one of those beta tested a dozen Vista builds, installed Vista RTM when was released to testers in November, and never looked back. I would never want to live without my breadcrumbs in explorer and my instant search in the start menu. I guess Im one of the rare people that think what a OS looks like is worth the upgrade. Just because a OS is usable doesnt mean you should stay with it. You can surf the internet on Win98 doesnt mean I want to stay there just because Windows XP can surf the internet too. UX is important.

I've never had problem with Vista, runs fast and everything works.

I have no doubt that it runs fast. That I agree. But what's funny is that I buy a pre-installed XP Dell computer and no problems occurred. Yeah, XP did have issues but it was once in a blue moon. Now, I buy a pre-installed Vista Dell computer and I experience various types of issues all the time. Funny world, ain't it?

Bought a sony laptop with vista pre-installed wiped clean format, no problems.

Bought a dell laptop with vista pre-installed wiped clean format, no problems.

A friend bought an HP laptop with vista pre-installed wiped clean format, no problems.

Brother bought a Toshiba laptop with vista pre-installed DID not wiped clean format, STILL NO problems.

XP desktop randomly BSOD all the time, found out RAM going bad, replaced RAM no problems.

Try harder at debugging your problems before putting the blame on ANYTHING.

There is one simple thing that sets Vista apart from XP and that is how Explorer works. If one window crashes in XP, windows crashes. If one window crashes in Vista, ONLY that one window crashes.

Edited by Barney

I have no doubt that it runs fast. That I agree. But what's funny is that I buy a pre-installed XP Dell computer and no problems occurred. Yeah, XP did have issues but it was once in a blue moon. Now, I buy a pre-installed Vista Dell computer and I experience various types of issues all the time. Funny world, ain't it?

as usual pre-load oem crap

that i rather to build the pc myself then get it with OEM useless crap bloatwares

The sheer amount of Vista bashing topics all over the internet do not even compare to the number of Vista praising topics. So the more Vista topics that praise Vista the better. Maybe it will counteract the false info that Vista is utter crap. Which it isn't.

Then to elaborate on what kouhii00 said.. There is one simple thing that sets Vista apart from XP and that is how Explorer works. If one window crashes in XP, windows crashes. If one window crashes in Vista, ONLY that one window crashes.

hell yea . (Y)

some people are angry cause the myth got debunked

it is ok to say osx rules or Linux is bulletproof

but but if is about vista all hell break lose and economy collapse is vista fault also :shiftyninja:

Edited by Skynetfuture

Bought a sony laptop with vista pre-installed wiped clean format, no problems.

Bought a dell laptop with vista pre-installed wiped clean format, no problems.

A friend bought an HP laptop with vista pre-installed wiped clean format, no problems.

Brother bought a Toshiba laptop with vista pre-installed DID not wiped clean format, STILL NO problems.

XP desktop randomly BSOD all the time, found out RAM going bad, replaced RAM no problems.

Try harder at debugging your problems before putting the blame on ANYTHING.

I have a Dell desktop with vista pre-installed- several problems

My dad has a Dell laptop with vista pre-installed- several problems

My friend has a Dell laptop with vista pre-installed- several problems

My other friend has an HP desktop with vista pre-installed- several problems

Hmm. :/

I have a Dell desktop with vista pre-installed- several problems

My dad has a Dell laptop with vista pre-installed- several problems

My friend has a Dell laptop with vista pre-installed- several problems

My other friend has an HP desktop with vista pre-installed- several problems

Hmm. :/

Pre-installed generally leads to nothing but headaches.

When I got my new tablet from HP, it was virtually unusable in the state HP left the machine.

Vista Pre-Installed is the worst thing you can have!

I installed Vista x64 myself, and it works like a charm. Not a single BSOD (and I have it installed over a year now), it's still fast and snappy, all my hardware (old and new) works flawlessly, ...

My wife has Vista pre-installed on her Dell laptop. She is satisfied with it, but it is a stretch to say, as the thread started posted, "nothing is wrong" with it. A few complaints, but it works a lot better on her laptop than it does our first Vista purchase (a 3 GHz low-end PC from Compaq).

In my opinion, "nothing wrong" means exactly that: nothing is wrong. If nothing is wrong, that means there are no bugs, no patches are necessary.

If you turn a blind eye to the faults of any OS or application, you no longer are a critical thinker on that topic. Accept that some of the complaints have a very real foundation to them. Accept some are because of user issues, or faulty hardware, but please don't ever think of any OS as "perfect" with nothing wrong.