Players: 1

Release Dates:

October 14, 2008 (US) (360/PS3)

October 20, 2008 (US) (PC)

October 23, 2008 (Australia)

October 24, 2008 (Europe)

Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, PS3

Premise

Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura, an immense mining ship, but he arrives to find a living nightmare—the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge.

Prologue Comics (Videos)

Watch these, they're pretty damn good.

Comic Issue 1

Comic Issue 2

Comic Issue 3

Comic Issue 4

Comic Issue 5

Comic Issue 6

Initial Reviews

Metacritic - 89/100: Metacritic Review page

GamePro - 100: GamePro Review

It's easily the best survival horror game since the masterful "Resident Evil 4" and it sets the bar high for graphics, sound, and scares in its respective genre. Dead Space is an artistic nightmare clearly designed for survival horror fans by a passionate and dedicated team of like-minded gamers. Just be sure to play it with the lights on.

Gamespot - 9/10: Gamespot Review

An incredibly atmospheric and disturbingly gruesome deep-space adventure that will haunt your dreams and leave you begging for more.

IGN - 8.7/10: IGN Review

Sci-fi survival horror is here, and space will never be the same again.

Screens

943338_20081013_screen002.jpg

943338_20071203_screen004.jpg

943338_20080714_screen001.jpg

943338_20080714_screen004.jpg

943338_20080617_screen002.jpg

943338_20080714_screen002.jpg

943338_20080617_screen001.jpg

943338_20080516_screen004.jpg

943338_20071203_screen021.jpg

943338_20071008_screen002.jpg

External Links

Official Website

GameTrailers Game Page

Metacritic Game Page

Edited by spacer

My friend picked up this game the other day, but haven't asked if it is any good. Game looks amazing though

My friends say this is the scariest game to date. Is this true? :cry:

Also, is the game played in that one camera view? Hope not.

The game actually looks somewhat like Mass Effect, or at least it reminds me of ME.

My friends say this is the scariest game to date. Is this true? :cry:

Also, is the game played in that one camera view? Hope not.

The game actually looks somewhat like Mass Effect, or at least it reminds me of ME.

Game is purely played from 3rd person.

And yes, the game is pretty scary even in the middle of the day.

It takes a lot for me to be truly impressed by games these days and Dead Space has done it. This was one of those games that I watched from the corner of my eye but never really expected it to deliver. From the synopsis I found it to be a generic story taking place in a generic space station. I had no idea the depth and following this game had from its comics. I thought it was going to be in the same vein as a 3rd person doom/fear with a sprinkle of mass effect, nothing new and nothing breath taking. Then I played it...

One of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen on the 360. The menus are hands down the most natural and and intuitive interfaces I've come across. I love the way video comms are handled and how they allow you to pan around and view the backside of them. The map system is a little overwhelming at first but once you figure it out they are easy to read and get you to your objectives quickly. The simple puzzles and enemy dismemberment give you a great change of pace from your standard run of the mill shooters.

I must be a little jaded to the scare factor since I havent really been so much as startled in my playtime, but that also might be due to the fact that I'm so busy soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying every bit of it that I'm not in the right mindset :D

it's not released here till next week. gonna get it the same day as fable 2, i just couldn't decide which one to get so i just sold some old games to get them both :p

two hours in and i officially like this one. sure, it's easy to be negative and spout off about it being a corridor crawl, point A to point B, go fetch, derivative of other SF classics...but that's a load of BS. this is a great title. and the visuals are some of the smoothest, most solid i've ever seen.

heh actually none yet munky, hasn't been too scary, just good. but i'm the jaded type, there's plenty of scarier stuff in life to really worry about...

maybe it does get horrific later on, don't know.

Sigh, another game gimped for PC by EA. It's to bad they totally screwed up the controls for the PC version, I was going to buy it for the PC and not the 360. Now I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it at all since Redwood decided to turn the PC experience into the console experience apparently :|

Sigh, another game gimped for PC by EA. It's to bad they totally screwed up the controls for the PC version, I was going to buy it for the PC and not the 360. Now I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it at all since Redwood decided to turn the PC experience into the console experience apparently :|

How do you know the PC controls are bad?