[Official] Dead Space

*bump

Finally got around to finishing it, actually started over because i got stuck with the asteroidshooting on normal difficulty when i first played it a few months ago. Anyhow, I have to say, I'm glad I picked it up again, it's really a great game, the whole atmosphere is amazing and made me want to watch Alien again (will do so tonight :D), the story wasn't that original, but still, it kept me interested enough to the end.

The aliens were pretty lame though imo, they weren't scary at all and sometimes even looked hilarious when they came running for you with their big arms waving around :laugh: really could've been done better, though the whole idea of shooting of the limbs was pretty cool..

btw, I've read somewhere they're working on Dead Space 2, how do you think they're going to do that? The only thing I could see them do would be a prequel because of the main protagonist dying in the end of the original, or maybe on another planet because they are now floating around in space with the beacon and two(?) infected people on board...

The main protagonist didn't die :huh:

You don't see him dying, but come on.. he gets jumped by an alien.. or was that his imagination?

Yeah, but take HL1 as an example, one of the end choices was certain death...

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the bump. Anyways I'm playing through Dead Space because I plan on buying and playing the second. I'm having trouble with the part where you sit in the seat and have to blast the asteroids to protect the hull, but no matter what enough asteroids get by to blow up the hull and game over. I was playing with my Xbox 360 controller so I could just sit back but it was too slow and hard to aim and blast the asteroids. I then switched to using the mouse, while I did better and the mouse was quicker and easier to aim than the controller I still can not get past this part.

Does anyone have any tips for passing this part of the game?

Sorry for the bump. Anyways I'm playing through Dead Space because I plan on buying and playing the second. I'm having trouble with the part where you sit in the seat and have to blast the asteroids to protect the hull, but no matter what enough asteroids get by to blow up the hull and game over. I was playing with my Xbox 360 controller so I could just sit back but it was too slow and hard to aim and blast the asteroids. I then switched to using the mouse, while I did better and the mouse was quicker and easier to aim than the controller I still can not get past this part.

Does anyone have any tips for passing this part of the game?

That part caused me a bit of trouble as well, Took me a few goes.

Short controlled bursts did it for me, also I might be wrong about this, but the cannon moved slower when firing? I stopped firing to move onto another target. Made it easier for me :)

Thanks. While aiming with the mouse is easier/faster (controller lag) I just couldn't stop enough of them. I also read that the cannon overheats so you can't just go wild blasting either, trying to aim and blast each one is tedious since there are multiple asteroids coming at the ship/hull at once.

Thanks. While aiming with the mouse is easier/faster (controller lag) I just couldn't stop enough of them. I also read that the cannon overheats so you can't just go wild blasting either, trying to aim and blast each one is tedious since there are multiple asteroids coming at the ship/hull at once.

Yeah it deffo overheats, thats why short bursts are better. You cant stop every asteroid, its too hard! Just keep at it i'd say. Thats the least of your worries considering whats to come ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I passed that part and beat the game. I hated that damn regenerator, had me constantly on edge, using stasis, shooting it's limbs off and running around like crazy. Those are definitely the intense parts of the game.

I didn't understand the ending though:

I had to transport this red spiral type thing on the shuttle that had this weird writing. I get it to where it needs to go, activate it, there are these flashes/pulses of light and everything is shaking. That chick shows up and tells Isaac that he went crazy and something caused it, the chick he was with on the shuttle and in the ending apparently did not exist as she apparently killed herself well before while waiting for Isaac to come back. After that Isaac shakes his head, that chick disappears and that red spiral thing is gone. Upon returning to the area with the shuttle where you fight the final boss, the red spiral thing is there. What was that red spiral thing for anyway and what happened, I don't understand.

I definitely loved the game, it was intense and moderately difficult even on easy. One of the better games I played, can't wait to play Dead Space 2.

I passed that part and beat the game. I hated that damn regenerator, had me constantly on edge, using stasis, shooting it's limbs off and running around like crazy. Those are definitely the intense parts of the game.

I didn't understand the ending though:

I had to transport this red spiral type thing on the shuttle that had this weird writing. I get it to where it needs to go, activate it, there are these flashes/pulses of light and everything is shaking. That chick shows up and tells Isaac that he went crazy and something caused it, the chick he was with on the shuttle and in the ending apparently did not exist as she apparently killed herself well before while waiting for Isaac to come back. After that Isaac shakes his head, that chick disappears and that red spiral thing is gone. Upon returning to the area with the shuttle where you fight the final boss, the red spiral thing is there. What was that red spiral thing for anyway and what happened, I don't understand.

I definitely loved the game, it was intense and moderately difficult even on easy. One of the better games I played, can't wait to play Dead Space 2.

The red spiral thingy is what creates the necromorph contagion - http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Marker

Although the game's been out for over 2 years, not sure we need spoiler tags at this point.

Well there may be some that haven't played the game, just wanted to be careful. So this outbreak, is it all in Isaacs head, some kind of psychosis? I remember it being said that Isaac is suffering from dementia, does this spiral thing cause some kind of insanity or are the monsters/outbreak very real inside the game?

Well there may be some that haven't played the game, just wanted to be careful. So this outbreak, is it all in Isaacs head, some kind of psychosis? I remember it being said that Isaac is suffering from dementia, does this spiral thing cause some kind of insanity or are the monsters/outbreak very real inside the game?

Both. The dementia happens more in DS2.