[Official] Dead Space

Just downloaded the Elite suit, how do you equip it?

Gonna play some more while it's still light outside :shiftyninja:

You equip it in the store. Once you download it, the Level 2 suit becomes inaccessible. (which isn't a bad thing)

It doesn't count if you haven't actually started the game yet. No one should be scared just putting the disc in.

I have been playing the game though? On Chapter 3...

This game also borrows heavily from Doom, with the whole Artifact concept (even though they call it something else in this game I cannot remember), but the thing is I think they know they borrow from Doom, as in one of the text files, one of the scientists was named Carmack!!

Here are cheat codes for you cheaters (or those that get frustrated)

Description: These do not hinder achievements from unlocking, so they will still unlock as normal.

Where Entered: At the Pause Menu, entered by hitting Start

X Y Y X Y Refill Stasis Energy (Unlimited)

Y X X X Y +2 Nodes (Once per game)

Y X Y X X Y X X Y X X Y +5 Nodes (Once per game)

X X X Y X +1,000 Credits (Once per game)

X X X Y Y +2,000 Credits (Once per game)

X X X Y X Y +5,000 Credits (Once per game)

X Y Y Y X X Y +10,000 Credits (Once per game)

X, X, Y, Y, Y Refill oxygen counter

You equip it in the store. Once you download it, the Level 2 suit becomes inaccessible. (which isn't a bad thing)

Store = upgrade bench?

Cause all I have listed is Plasma Cutter, Rig (Aig? stupid font) and Stasis Module..

The monsters or w/e they are called really aren't scary or anything, infact it's pretty clich? the way they run at you, you can tell EA Redwood have done the same as Doom 3 where they've made as many "jumpy" moments as they can. It's the whole atmosphere of the ship that gets me. You can bet if I was the designer of this ship the lights would never fail:laugh::

Lol no I am exaggerating, I love the game so far (Y)

I can't see it holding my attention though if it keeps pulling the same Doom 3 jumpy moments. Worst still it doesn't have multiplayer to fall back on.

Only one "scarey" game I haven't played entirely and that was Condemned lol. Mad serial killers in some empty crack house, running at me with a pipe?...F*** THAT! :rofl:

That **** didn't last more than 5 mins on my pc :p

Lol no I am exaggerating, I love the game so far (Y)

I can't see it holding my attention though if it keeps pulling the same Doom 3 jumpy moments. Worst still it doesn't have multiplayer to fall back on.

Only one "scarey" game I haven't played entirely and that was Condemned lol. Mad serial killers in some empty crack house, running at me with a pipe?...F*** THAT! :rofl:

That **** didn't last more than 5 mins on my pc :p

Yeah I got stuck on condemned and quit rather than running back through the whole level with those ****ed up crack monkeys

Elite Suit is in the store all the way towards the bottom, listed as ZER0 cost. Stores are also spread out in certain areas of the chapter, at least in Chapter 2, so once you download it it should be there...

Also, someone I know found these helpful, so let me share my own Tips for playing this game...

I use Kinesis alot. I walk around with an object in front of me almost always, and as soon as I see a monster, I throw said object at it, and it always slows them down and / or even better knocks them down. Makes fighting these things much easier. Especially when you can find the ones that explode.

If I know a Stasis Recharge station is around, since they never seem to run out, I use the hell out of stasis (pretty much self explanatory I would say), and freeze every monster I encounter. Combined with Kinesis above, almost to easy right now to take them out.

Finally, I move rather slow when I am in an area for the first time, shoot all full bodies on the ground once or twice in the leg if they have not jumped up yet. 70% of the time they are just bodies on the ground, but that 30% they are waiting to jump up, and shooting them in the leg before they do makes defeating them 30 times easier. I also do it on some bodies when I am backtracking, since the game likes to do that apparently.

All of the above have made this game fairly simple to play, at least so far.

Interested in hearing other peoples tips and tricks. No doubt.

Finally, I move rather slow when I am in an area for the first time, shoot all full bodies on the ground once or twice in the leg if they have not jumped up yet. 70% of the time they are just bodies on the ground, but that 30% they are waiting to jump up, and shooting them in the leg before they do makes defeating them 30 times easier. I also do it on some bodies when I am backtracking, since the game likes to do that apparently.

I've been doing that myself too. I've only found one body which wasn't dead yet and was waiting to jump up.

I don't think I'll use the kenesis tactic though, it sounds like it could make for boring gameplay relying on it. Like if you went through HL2 with the organic gravity gun the entire time it'd be way too easy.

You don't need to shoot at the bodies lying on the ground, you can still use kinesis to throw **** at them. Or if you just want to know what the body is going to do, just target it. If kinesis can pick up the body, it's a body, if not, then it's going to get up. Saves on ammo.

I keep picking up loads and loads of ammo, is anyone here seriously running low? I keep dumping full packs of ammo in the safe "Just in case" but so far I've never needed to buy any or take any out.

I've been doing that myself too. I've only found one body which wasn't dead yet and was waiting to jump up.

I don't think I'll use the kenesis tactic though, it sounds like it could make for boring gameplay relying on it. Like if you went through HL2 with the organic gravity gun the entire time it'd be way too easy.

Yeah, I used the gravity gun alot in HL2 if I actually used to try to get through full levels just using the Gravity Gun as well LOL I just like floating things that I can shoot, not sure why the whole concept just appeals to me, and I really like knocking the monsters on the ground cause I hate them as theya re annoying as all hell.

You don't need to shoot at the bodies lying on the ground, you can still use kinesis to throw **** at them. Or if you just want to know what the body is going to do, just target it. If kinesis can pick up the body, it's a body, if not, then it's going to get up. Saves on ammo.

I keep picking up loads and loads of ammo, is anyone here seriously running low? I keep dumping full packs of ammo in the safe "Just in case" but so far I've never needed to buy any or take any out.

Nice, totally makes sense about the kinesis with the bodies on the floor. Great use indeed. Thanks for the heads up. :yes:

That will be my new approach, as it will save on ammo, although like you, I have ample ammo and have also been putting some in the safe. I do have a feeling though it is because I am still on Chapter 3 and ammo will get tighter later on, who knows though.

Just keep in mind that SOME bodies WILL get up, but they wont attack you. They sometimes just fall over or do something "freaky". I use Kinesis and if it doesn't move, I start throwing **** at it. If it STILL doesn't move, I just approach it very slowly until it does something.

Just hit chapter 10 and is it me or are EA making big references to scientology?. They also have 'ranks', you have to spend money with them and it's called unitology ffs! The fact they appear to be behind this marker mess makes it even more hilarious. :D

I wonder if they will sue them? Hehe :p

^ I rarely turn vsync on unless the tearing is very noticeable. Anyway, I'm not sure what all the negative feedback was regarding the mouse controls. Seems ok to me! Takes a little getting used to.

In other news, this game is scaring the crap out of me! Last game to do this was FEAR. I love this ****!! :)

Not on consoles, it's not! It's even easier to pirate, ironically.

Not that I would know.

Or do such a thing.

Piracy is bad!

...but not as bad as draconian DRM schemes.