[Official] Dead Space

Not on consoles, it's not! It's even easier to pirate, ironically.

Indeed, but it's a shame to ruin a PC game with DRM. I'm starting to wonder if any future EA game will be securom free.

Not sure if its been mentioned but what really ****ed me off is the fact you cannot assign arrow keys to movement.

For as long as I can remember I have abandoned the WASD configuration in favour of the arrow keys. But to actually use a game which stops me from using it is so stupid its insane.

Anyone know a workaround?

yea its BS that we cant remap the controls .... my with my wrist like it is i can't use the wasd keys to play :(

Not sure if its been mentioned but what really ****ed me off is the fact you cannot assign arrow keys to movement.

For as long as I can remember I have abandoned the WASD configuration in favour of the arrow keys. But to actually use a game which stops me from using it is so stupid its insane.

Anyone know a workaround?

QFT

pft, remapping controls is for the weak!

i'm also weak but for a different reason. dead space is the first game EVER to give me headaches after playing for prolonged periods :(

i can't play for more than an hour without taking breaks. maybe i'm just getting old....

Indeed, but it's a shame to ruin a PC game with DRM. I'm starting to wonder if any future EA game will be securom free.

Considering asfaras I can see for now, it's actually wokring on this game, why would they abandon it :)

pft, remapping controls is for the weak!

if you would read you would see i can't play with the "normal" keys because i have 4 pins in my wrist from a work injury so i NEED to remap them :/

I'm currently only on chapter 4. I'm having difficulty right now getting past the asteroid part.

to get past that asteroid part, you'll of course need air cans.

Like one med, and maybe one small.

Just hide behind cover until you hear very little stuff and the warning from the system.

You can run up to two pieces of cover inbetween each asteroid smash.

If its the asteroid shooting. Use like one cannon, then two if things get hectic.

to get past that asteroid part, you'll of course need air cans.

Like one med, and maybe one small.

Just hide behind cover until you hear very little stuff and the warning from the system.

You can run up to two pieces of cover inbetween each asteroid smash.

If its the asteroid shooting. Use like one cannon, then two if things get hectic.

yeah, I realized my mistake. I kept using both cannon's (a la Halo) so they kept overheating and I kept dying. It took me forever to figure out just to use one cannon and use the other if the first cannon overheats. silly me :rolleyes:

I am not a hardcore game, hell I am not even a casual gamer; my Xbox is used for streaming Movies/Music/Picture from my Mac. However I spent 4 hours today playing Dead Space, game is really good. Had to stop though, or my eyes may have just fallen out eventually :D.

I am not a hardcore game, hell I am not even a casual gamer; my Xbox is used for streaming Movies/Music/Picture from my Mac. However I spent 4 hours today playing Dead Space, game is really good. Had to stop though, or my eyes may have just fallen out eventually :D.

It's a great game (Y)

I've put 8 hours into it since Friday :p I think I'm nearing the end. On to chapter 11! But, I must sleep. Damn sleep.

You definitely need to play this through a second time to get all the weapons. Won't be as scary the second time around though heh

Personally, I still find it scary because I can't remember where they all pop out of.

I always say "You're later." or something of that nature.

^ Yeah.....especially the tentacle scenes O_O It really gets the heart pounding!!

They've done a great job with the ammo system in this game. It really adds to the tension when you're low on ammo and knowing a monster can jump out any second and you'll have to punch them to death. :o I always find myself low on ammo...maybe my aim just sucks.

Plasma cutter would have to be my favorite weapon. It packs quite a punch fully upgraded :)

Plasma cutter is BA.

But the most fun one is the contact beam. Just owns a brute in like 2-4 shots on medium.

What is the most hated necromorph by everyone?

Mine would go to the divider.

If you don't know what that is go to the Dead Space Wikia

The surround sound experience in this game is amazing. Incredibly depth-defying. Seriously, if you haven't, you need to play this with 5.1 turned all the way up in a dark room. It's insane!!

Plasma cutter is BA.

But the most fun one is the contact beam. Just owns a brute in like 2-4 shots on medium.

What is the most hated necromorph by everyone?

Mine would go to the divider.

If you don't know what that is go to the Dead Space Wikia

haha I kinda laughed when I first saw the divider coming from around the corner. What with the cape and all... nice Halloween costume :D

Most hated necromorph: The regenerating boss necro - He was extremely annoying in the scene where you had to move the bunks to run away. I throughly enjoyed killing him later on.

^ you know, I don't think I ever gave'em enough time to attack me. They go down pretty easily. Can't say the same about their uh, crawly things that fall out.