[Official] Playstation Home

Thats been driving me crazy as well, wtf is it?!

Me to, I haven't a clue what it is tho :s

Coldgunner needs banning from Home. He was in it all of 15 mins before he decided to break out the Bluetooth headset and rick roll everyone in the mall :/

and yeah @ the complaints about adverts everywhere. It really does just feel like a way to advertise PSN games to you at the moment

How do you get bubble machines in your apartment :o. The shopping bit is completely empty :( and trophies :o how do I get them :| lol.

Dunno how I got the bubble machine, it was just there in my inventory.

Echochrome gives you it I believe.

Or it's that icebreaker game.

I dunno, there's always too many people around when I've been online. Its impossible to see what everyone is doing and where the sound is coming from. Its very annoying thats for sure..

It must be Ice Breaker because I haven't played Echochrome but have a bubble machine.

For the last time, there is no trophies in Home!

The bubble machine is in your Inventory from the start.

There are PHYSICAL trophies/rewards in Home, but not those on your Trophy list shown on your profile card

post-110545-1228155874_thumb.jpg

One on the left is Echochrome (Over 10,000 points) the one on the right is Ice Breaker (Beating Level 20)

There are PHYSICAL trophies/rewards in Home, but not those on your Trophy list shown on your profile card

Thats what I mean. Hmm not such a good choice of word on Sony's part. I have a feeling we're gonna get a lot more confusion over the years now with "physical" trophies and profile trophies :/

Anyone know if the zones in home are instanced, like areas in some mmorpgs where the server opens up for example Theatre2 when Theatre1 has met it's cap of people in it, like max 100 or something.

I'd assume they will be doing this to reduce lag, but hope there will be an option to jump between instances if I want to meet up with a friend to play chess in the square or whatever, and we're stuck in different versions of the same area.

Expecting comments about how this won't be a problem because Home will bomb and there will never be that many people in a zone at once :D

I was on a little at 2-3 this morning, helped a guy start a line of about 20-25 people all doing the running man while some other guy played some Prodigy song through his mic, lol.

neowinlols2xn2.jpg

neowinlols1dr4.jpg:p

Then they decided to go outside, not realising that it wont send them all to the same Central Plaza.

And also sat and talked to some people next to teh bridge across the lil river, played some eye spy, talked about trophies.

Its fairly amusing to see guys chasing after female avatars, even if they have names like Steve and Phil.

I also joined the two clubs and went in the clubhouses, its a pity we can't all leave notes on the boards, would be fun. :p

Anyone know if the zones in home are instanced, like areas in some mmorpgs where the server opens up for example Theatre2 when Theatre1 has met it's cap of people in it, like max 100 or something.

I'd assume they will be doing this to reduce lag, but hope there will be an option to jump between instances if I want to meet up with a friend to play chess in the square or whatever, and we're stuck in different versions of the same area.

Expecting comments about how this won't be a problem because Home will bomb and there will never be that many people in a zone at once :D

Yes they are 'instanced' but you can choose to 'go to' a friend from the menus so even if you aren't in the same as them to start with you can get to them easily.

Edit: Apparently expired but who knows may still work, this is spare one to one of my other accounts.

PlayStation Home is a 3D, interactive, evolving service, exclusive to PS3™. It's free to download and easy to use.

To take part please redeem your unique promotional code below using your PLAYSTATION 3 and join us in Home.

How to redeem your Promotional code and access Home

If you haven’t already done so, register for an account on PlayStation?Network, then follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your PlayStation?Network account via your PLAYSTATION?3 system.

2. Once signed in, select [Account Management].

3. Choose [Redeem Code]

4. Enter your 12 character promotion code and select [Continue].

NOTE: promotion codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the promotion code.

EKPJ-94BG-ALFA

Redemption expiry date: 01/12/2008

Note: Promotional codes can only be used once.

Please understand that your participation is subject to our Terms of Use which will be presented to you the first time you connect to Home. Please keep all discussion of your experiences within Home limited to the official SCEE forums or within Home itself.

Visit SCEE’s PlayStation forums here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com

Welcome to PlayStation Home.

Yours,

PlayStation Home Community Team

Edited by Digix

I Want to get Invited!!!

Try a please ? ;) lol not sure if it can still be downloaded, or if it was just the activation of the invite that had to be done by the 1st.

Managed to download it thanks again for posting the code up +Digix. Just downloading all of the locations like the home square/shopping centre/home theatre/bowling alley.

It seems to take quite a while to load some of the objects like when I was making my character from the very [very] limited selection of clothing and accesories! I mean you can only have a tash, not even a beard or stubble whats with that?!?

I got a code in one of my emails on sat but didnt read it untill today!!! the bloody code says its invalid! is there any other way to download it?

EDIT: Typed in the code wrong, downloading now WOO!

Edited by Super Sneb

Red Bull becomes first brand on PlayStation Home

F77765C6-D0F7-F226-B11E5ED520241EAD.jpg

LONDON - Red Bull has become the first brand to build a presence in PlayStation Home, Sony's much anticipated virtual world, Revolution can reveal.

Red Bull has built a tropical island, featuring an aeroplane racing game based on Red Bull's real world Red Bull Air Race series.

Home is currently under construction and likely to be opened up for public testing before the end of 2008.

The virtual world will enable gamers to create avatars, interact with each other, create their own apartments, play games, and stream video and music, by connecting to the internet through their PS3 consoles.

John Beasley, brand marketing manager for Red Bull UK said Home represents an opportunity for brands to create "memorable and rich content".

"The game gave us the first opportunity to recreate in the gaming world what we try to do in the real world, which is to facilitate interaction, to give people stories, memories, experiences and a really good opportunity to interact with the brand," he said.

Beasley said Home will show marketers how in-game advertising can be used effectively and will open up the medium to more brands. "It's an easy environment for brands to take that first step into gaming," he added.

Sony has set up Home so that gamers and brands can "generate significant revenues", but has not revealed details of brands it is working with.

A spokesman for Sony said that brand partnerships for Home will be announced at a later date.

Source: http://www.brandrepublic.com/Revolution/Ne...ayStation-Home/

Glad that they actually built a space, made a game etc, as opposed to their involvement just meaning being put on a poster!