[Official] Playstation Home

Its useless banning accounts when they are free to create.

It stops that person being able to play online through any PSN games with that alias, making all stat progression in MP games completely void.

Everything you do is linked to your profile and you'll lose online access from that profile.

The majority of people will second think stepping any further if told they're about to lose their whole account directly from a mod.

And finally, nothing stops Sony going as far as banning your PS3 MAC address in extreme circumstances, they said it themselves...

Edward was discussing supervising the Home environment, although Sony doesn't intend to become a "virtual police" force. Instead, it will be providing different areas within Home depending on the age of the user, helping to apply appropriate non-game branding for products such as cigarettes and alcohol.

"Ultimately we know a user's details, we know machine details and we know where they live," said Edward

"If you really feel like you've been abused or that someone has just shown wholly inappropriate behaviour then you are able to complain about it. If you really, really misbehave you can have your console disconnected at a machine level, so you would actually have to move house and buy a new PS3 before you could get online again.

"Clearly that's not something we would want to be doing very often but as a disincentive to mess round too much it's in our power," he admitted.

Rest @ http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/eif-...nned-warns-sony

well audio, look at it this way, this guys obviously dont respect or care about ps3 HOME or this sub-forum, so they choose to abuse whatever way they can and lets say they get banned. What then? they already didnt care about the product of this sub forum ? nothing to loose for them? they only want to keep harassing in all ways possible to keep wasting everyone's time and energy as they can , they will try to bleed it in all possible ways till it doesnt cost them in any way. sad thing is I am seeing it allowed here too and one day when i got riled up and posted about it, ban was served to me instead, i am contacting everyone for past weeks on that issue and not a single reply from anyone, i am talking about EVERYONE up there. thats tells you whatever you can think of asking to them. even they dont care.

It stops that person being able to play online through any PSN games with that alias, making all stat progression in MP games completely void.

Everything you do is linked to your profile and you'll lose online access from that profile.

The majority of people will second think stepping any further if told they're about to lose their whole account directly from a mod.

To get around that just use a secondary account. You'd have to be pretty stupid to use your default account with all your hard earned trophies on. Obviously Sony can still work it back to you and ban accounts, but now we're just getting into it a bit too much :p

@Kyro, wtf you talkin' about dude lol

To get around that just use a secondary account. You'd have to be pretty stupid to use your default account with all your hard earned trophies on. Obviously Sony can still work it back to you and ban accounts, but now we're just getting into it a bit too much :p

Most of the people doing things like this are numskulls trying to act cool with their friends.

I doubt there's many tactical operations going on of secondary accounts and everything else.

A lot of them through warnings, suspensions, and then the threat of a global ban will shut their yaps.

Anyway, leave this up to Sony, they have the tools to moderate and/or ban - And have said they can track PS3s. Let's see how heavily they enforce it for time wasters (Y)

I wasn't abusing anyone?

@AB, indeed. Although at first there will be a crowd who obviously have their fun. It was the same on XBL last generation and people using second accounts on Halo 2 etc.

So if the us home is getting the Red Bull update soon, Its on the PSblog if it hasn't already been posted here), I wonder how long till we get it in the EU, taking into accounts translations, I would assume 3-4 months? :p

So if the us home is getting the Red Bull update soon, Its on the PSblog if it hasn't already been posted here), I wonder how long till we get it in the EU, taking into accounts translations, I would assume 3-4 months? :p

Neowin is lazy, you gotta post the whole thing ;)

PlayStation Home Content Update Coming This Week

For those of you who haven?t already met me, I?m CydoniaX, the PlayStation Home Community Manager. I wanted to give you a quick update on new content coming to PlayStation Home this week.

3176836285_30313d8a69.jpg

First, the Red Bull space is going live! You?ll be able to access it through your World Map by clicking on the Red Bull Air Race map tile. From there you can explore this tropical island and take part in different Red Bull events. This week you?ll be able to get inside the cockpit of a Red Bull Air Race plane and compete against other flyers on the Red Bull Air Race course. This is just the start of what we are working on for Red Bull Island with more to come in the next few months.

3176836235_420f370099.jpg

Ligne Roset and Diesel will now have their own storefronts in the PlayStation Home Mall, so that you will be able to locate these brands more easily.

For the SCEA region, if you pre-order ?Killzone 2? for PS3 through Amazon you?ll get an exclusive PlayStation Home costume for your Home avatar. With costume pieces for your head, torso, legs, hands and feet, you can customize your Home avatar to look like an ISA Soldier, a Helghast Assault Trooper, or something in between. Codes to access your bonus costumes will be sent to you after Killzone 2 launches on 02/27/09. Check out this link for more details.

And last but not least, SCEA is adding Resident Evil: Degeneration themed T-shirts for all fans of the movie we showed a sneak peek of over the holiday break. Please check back here in the next few days to find out when we go live with this update.

3176836301_3325f552b6_m.jpg

3176836367_85ef78b0e0_m.jpg

RE tshirts are free, and new hair/beard styles coming... which hopefully mean:/real beards :/

EA Announces EA Sports Complex for PlayStation Home

From the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas comes big news for PlayStation Home. EA officially announced its plans to launch the EA Sports Complex in the Home Beta this spring, the first Home space from EA.

3179496381_fe60ec94cc.jpg

Source

go to the area where you see the 3 planes, face them, and a little bubble should pop up for the game. it kinda sucks when there are other people because your character's focus goes to the people and not the game itself. in this case, zooming in helps to focus on the game.

Sony Giving Away Money In PlayStation Home

If you?re in one of the regions supported by Sony Computer Entertainment Asia you can get $10 HKD for free if you track down the money god avatar. $10 HKD isn?t much, it?s like $1.30 US, but it?s interesting to see Sony run such a promotion. Sure, it?s not enough to buy a PlayStation Network game, but you can get a virtual item by finding the money god. Or you can save your money and hope Sony Computer Entertainment Asia runs more of these so you can get a free game. No word if Sony is going to try this strategy in other regions of if this is only a Sony Computer Entertainment Asia strategy.

image98.png

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/01/13/sony-...aystation-home/

Reminds me a little bit of the real radio:pugitive :p

So anymore areas now actually open apart from the Red Bull area?

Not yet :(

It's looking like the EA Sports Complex might be the next one coming in March, but as always if anything else gets announced I'll post it here.

I mean I expect to see KZ2 game spaces and what not, but the next big area will probably be the EA one.