[Official] Playstation Home

Sureeee it was.

Your really just a GB nub I bet ;)

Nah, I'm not actually taking the ****, I knew if I said the above you'd clock it :p

And I was doing it as a joke in light of our absolutely laid back argument over Special Editions last night.

For the record though the Ecto Goggles are made from modified AN/PVS-5a Night Vision Goggles :p If the MW2 versions let you see ghosts I'd be all for them.

Anyway, at least the Home topic has seen some activity to break my combo of about 12 posts in a row.

I just had a quick few rounds, some of the topics I didn't have a clue though, so just ended up following the crowd. :laugh:

But it seems like a fun little time waster. (Y)

One thing they should do is add a glow around/arrow above your character to more easily find them.

It isn't really all that hard to find where you are, but it's just an improvement to think about.

One thing they should do is add a glow around/arrow above your character to more easily find them.

It isn't really all that hard to find where you are, but it's just an improvement to think about.

Indeed, I lost my little man a couple of times, it's not that hard to find him again tho.

Japanese Home Square has a Gundam in it right now :laugh:

and a spaceship that shoots you through the air

By the way Jimmy in the Buzz Space there is actually a beam of light that shows you where your character is, look at my photos again, and the beam comes from the top.

I used Home for a good few hours yesterday to catch up on what had changed. It was also the first time I checked out any of the Spaces.

And my god, the spaces stay true to their name, nothing but space. They are the most pointless additions to Home they could have came up with. The only one which was remotely fun was Buzz, but even then it felt so lifeless.

The Bowling alley is still my "favourite" if I had to pick one.

Wouldn't want to post an opinion without using it now would I :innocent:

But yes I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried to look for some redeeming qualities.

So far the only one I think everyone (almost :p) will agree on is just being able to connect with other games. Although it seems like Sony are pretty slack on their "harsh" rules, as there was plenty of people fighting & general e-warrior type ****.

And I had a few minutes fun playing the little helicopter game in the Home Square before the **** controls began to annoy me.

Wouldn't want to post an opinion without using it now would I :innocent:

But yes I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried to look for some redeeming qualities.

So far the only one I think everyone (almost :p) will agree on is just being able to connect with other games. Although it seems like Sony are pretty slack on their "harsh" rules, as there was plenty of people fighting & general e-warrior type ****.

And I had a few minutes fun playing the little helicopter game in the Home Square before the **** controls began to annoy me.

I'm still waiting for something relevant to come out before I install it again. It's just a waste of disk space atm.

By the way Jimmy in the Buzz Space there is actually a beam of light that shows you where your character is, look at my photos again, and the beam comes from the top.

Oh yeah I know, but I still lose him a few times. :laugh:

Awesome Tshirt :laugh: (still haven't found that little ****** in Noby Boby Boy yet!)

kata14.jpg

kata15.jpg

PixelJunk also,

pj_home01.jpg

pj_home02.jpg

pj_home03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fat Princess for Thursday, will make sense if it has game launching...

The Curtain Rises on the 10-Screen Movie Theater in PlayStation Home, MotorStorm Game Launching Crashes In, and Fat Princess Needs Cake!

Greetings Home-boys and Home-girls! It's time for another PlayStation Home update? We're proud to announce another major core space update. The Movie Theater brings you ten times as much exciting content [including from the PS.Blog! -Jeff] with a brand-new 10-screen layout, a new lobby, and the ability to unlock rewards in select screening rooms. Be sure to check out the screening rooms often ? you never know when one of them will be giving something away. Stay tuned for lots of exclusive new videos over the coming months, including the future possibility of full-length TV shows or movies, with new features debuting on a regular basis.

But that's not all! The Burn Zombie Burn space brings its classic cartoony graveyard style to PlayStation Home with a crypt for lounging in while you watch Burn Zombie Burn videos, a zombie-infested maze mini-game where you'll be challenged to find your way out before you get zombified, and as always, an exclusive reward. Don't get lost in the graveyard!

Next, the first wave of motorstorm&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3a%6ffficial&client=firefox-a content will be swerving into PlayStation Home with MotorStorm Pacific Rift Game Launching functionality topping the bill. If you're new to Game Launching, click here for more info on how this great functionality works.

There will be more MotorStorm news coming your way very soon; in the meantime, check out the screenshots below for a tantalizing snippet of some of the great MotorStorm content coming to PlayStation Home over the coming weeks.

3770747143_d7abbe72e8_m.jpg3770747247_091a9f8027_m.jpg

Next (and this is very exciting) as of tomorrow, we will be launching a new event in PlayStation Home ? the Fat Princess "Quest for Cake." Based upon the brilliant PSN title which launches today, all you have to do is click on the PlayStation Events Space chip on your World Map to join in this very special confectionary quest.

In the fully redecorated space you will find eight pieces of cake, locked away in cages. To unlock the cake and feed your Princess you need to search the space high and low for clues. If you do manage to unlock all eight pieces of cake, and feed the Princess, a special reward will be yours ? the Fat Princess' very own throne for your personal apartment. Here are a few screenshots of the space to whet your appetite?

3770730391_81ee8a042c_m.jpg3770731661_dae23acb7c_m.jpg

3770724125_4d4b79570e_m.jpg3771528274_2ac9cab41b_m.jpg

Finally, be sure to cruise through the Mall to check out still more updates to our lovely new stores?sources say there will be some cool new items to pick up to show your friends, both free and for sale!

See you in Home!

~CydoniaX, PlayStation Home Community Manager

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/30/...ess-needs-cake/[/urlG.I. Joe Establishes Base In PlayStation Homeion Home

504x_gi_joe_home.jpg

Expect more ninja than normal in PlayStation Home starting thG.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobraof Cobra is set to promotionally invade Sony's social service, bringing Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes outfits with it.

The good news? They're free via Home's Threads Store and also include outfits for Duke and The Baroness. Make it snappy, wannabe Joes, as these are available to Home residents for a limited time.

Of course, that's not the only G.I. Joe advertising you'll see, as the Home Theater will add "an exclusive video welcome from stars Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols as well as a trailer introduction from director Stephen Sommers." Sundry clips and mini-games will also satisfy your G.I. Joe cravings. Images of those costumes are after this.

504x_joe_costumes2.jpg

504x_joe_costumes.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5326575/gi-joe-establish...laystation-home

None of that is available in the US store, neither is the Star Trek stuff... ffff... :hmmm:

It's from the US blog :huh:

Maybe GI Joe is later in the week, and the shop "Threads" had the Star Trek stuff, but I think it might of been limited run like GI Joe (as long as they're advertising the movie the clothes are available).

Oh, I meant the costumes. I logged into my UK account and noticed you guys had the GI Joe costumes and the Star Trek uniforms. Hopefully the GI Joe costumes show up soon, they're awesome.

It's too glitchy for me. Too many times it has completely frozen my PS3. It also gets really jumpy whenever you walk near to a video screen.

Agreed, it crashes my PS3 into a soft reset every time I exit Home.

3 beeps, screen flickers and a long load are the result.

But oh what's that, a "beta" tag, dang guess we can't complain :rolleyes:

Agreed, it crashes my PS3 into a soft reset every time I exit Home.

3 beeps, screen flickers and a long load are the result.

But oh what's that, a "beta" tag, dang guess we can't complain :rolleyes:

Yep, the wonders of slapping a Beta tag on your software, mmmm, the holy grail of software excuses.