Windows 7 Build 695x revealed at WinHEC 2008 China

That I think is a mistake, they shouldn't let them. They'll make something completely ****ty looking. Thats just me though.

Yes, they probably will lol. Hopefully the user has the option to change it back... Or I'll use TuneUp or something to change it :p

Windows 7 looks pretty good :o I wish there was a workin theme for it :(. There was a million Vista themes :|

When I get a new PC from OEM, I always format the pre-installed OS and install a clean new one.

I'll be doing that later this week with my girlfriend's new PC; I just hope HP actually includes a disk and not some backup partition (if I get a disk and there is also a backup partition, its going bye-bye :D). I can't stand how much useless crap OEMs put on there.

Though I don't care if they do their own boot screens or not anyways; I'd likely just change it back to the MS one myself. :p

I really am annoyed by how much bloat and crap OEMs put on PCs. I hope with Windows 7, they stop putting the crap on (although I doubt any will - Toshiba and Sony are unfortunately the ones that put most on. Sony put Google Desktop on thier's :blink:)

They'll put advertisements all over it! :rofl:

Actually, there is two different build numbers there. One for the 22nd and one for the 14th.

I really hope they'll show some interesting stuff. Are the keynotes livestreamed/in english?

I really am annoyed by how much bloat and crap OEMs put on PCs. I hope with Windows 7, they stop putting the crap on (although I doubt any will - Toshiba and Sony are unfortunately the ones that put most on. Sony put Google Desktop on thier's :blink: )

Sony is quite okay really. Just, during the initial setup when it starts installing everything, be very quick to ctrl+shift+escape and end the setup. You have your clean Vista with the right drivers and the cool VAIO wallpapers right there. There might be some shortcuts (leading nowhere) around but you can just delete them.

It would be cool if they could streamline the boot process to be more like mac, the new macbook boots up in about 5secs flat from cold. I don't know what they've chopped out the boot process to achieve that, but (especially for a nix based os) it's damn impressive.

Looks like this is shaping up to be what Vista should have been. I just really hope they don't skimp on the testing process, cos there's still a shedload of stuff that doesnt work in vista (hence i'm still on xp), and probably won't be fixed now, so I hope it's not the same for 7.

It would be cool if they could streamline the boot process to be more like mac, the new macbook boots up in about 5secs flat from cold. I don't know what they've chopped out the boot process to achieve that, but (especially for a nix based os) it's damn impressive.

I'd like to see that.... is it the SSD based macbook?

neat, wonder if that performance score is "adaptable" to lower specs machines since they might be taking some stuff out to make it lighter. Eventually Im not one of the ones that want to run it on a 486, but after all, its expected to be tweaked. lol

neat, wonder if that performance score is "adaptable" to lower specs machines since they might be taking some stuff out to make it lighter. Eventually Im not one of the ones that want to run it on a 486, but after all, its expected to be tweaked. lol

well from the 6801 build i would have to say that it already runs better on lower spec machines than vista did..at least it does on my netbook

It performed quite well too on my amd x2 4800, but then again, isnt exacly a lower spec. Too bad the instability, but we cant ask too much for it can we ;)

Sony is quite okay really. Just, during the initial setup when it starts installing everything, be very quick to ctrl+shift+escape and end the setup. You have your clean Vista with the right drivers and the cool VAIO wallpapers right there. There might be some shortcuts (leading nowhere) around but you can just delete them.

Ok yes. That's obvious to users like us ;) But to the average computer user (especially technophobes), they may not know about doing this and they'll end up with a machine full of pointless software and full of bloat; all of which is unneeded. I mean if you want to use Google Desktop (which I see no need for whatsoever!) then surely you could download that yourself? The OEMs should include a link within the OS to download pointless additional software such as this and evaluation copies of Norton, etc, just like Windows Vista did with Windows Live Messenger.

I have no problem with them putting Windows Live Essentials on the system as that is really part of Windows (just an essential addon) or Google Chrome/Firefox (as they are just two examples of essential web browsers and no user should use Internet Explorer if they want to view the web how it is supposed to be viewed) but to install pointless things like Google Desktop bloats the PC and many users blame Vista for this and think Vista is rubbish...

Looks like they up'ed the vista score system. Now the cpu is going as high as a 7.2

I just hope they won't use that as a marketing skit for 7; finding some magical way to increase the score as a reason to buy 7 but if the performance has been improved then that goes in both hands presumably.

Looks like they up'ed the vista score system. Now the cpu is going as high as a 7.2

maximum score is 7.9 if you haven't noticed the screenshot

saying :

score from 1-7.9 .

even the score is 7 what the :laugh:

I just hope they won't use that as a marketing skit for 7; finding some magical way to increase the score as a reason to buy 7 but if the performance has been improved then that goes in both hands presumably.

they are just uping index upper limit from 5.9 >>> 7.9

nothing special

Looks like this is shaping up to be what Vista should have been. I just really hope they don't skimp on the testing process, cos there's still a shedload of stuff that doesnt work in vista (hence i'm still on xp), and probably won't be fixed now, so I hope it's not the same for 7.

I have a new aluminum MacBook and no, it does not boot "in about 5secs flat from cold." It takes at least 15-20 seconds.

It's been leaked!

j/k :p

i am gonna killya ! :wacko: :angry:

:turned:

It's running on the new AMD Shanghai. That's why it has such a high score tongue.gif

but i7 would max it out :whistle: