Windows 7 Build 695x revealed at WinHEC 2008 China

And since 8800GT gets 5.9 and actually barely runs that game in acceptable frames, so what is card with rating 5.0...tell you this -> absolute garbage which can't even run the game. Again you don't see point i want to make 8800GT and GTX280 can't have same score of 5.9 meaning benchmark or performance scoring in Vista is absolutely wrong and if you use it as crossrefence with Game Rating -> it's absolute wrong picture.

As I said Performance Rating should be used to measure performance of your hardware not against OS because that hardware as such is already Vista Capable, but to measure real time performance against benchmark apps/games as 3DMark Vantage does it then you can see that 8800GT is crap compared to GTX280 and as crossreference of such result people can get real picture of what they can expect in games such as Crysis.

But since you're just another person who will eat any **** MS is serving you...there is no point to discuss anymore.

You're blowing this WAY out of proportion.

Number one, the 8800 GT isn't "absolute garbage" that can't run the game. I have one. It runs it fairly well on High and still manages to look good at 1280x1024. A friend which has a 9800 GT (which is more or less equivalent to a 8800 GT) runs it on Ultra High at 1024x768 and it runs well too.

Number two, just be patient - you WILL see a difference in the WEI score between the 8800 GT and anything above it. Obviously they didn't anticipate cards being this powerful in 2006, and the WEI, as others have already said, isn't suppose to replace 3DMark where there's no real upper value - but then again, explain to customers you need a score of 1800000 to run this game and they'll just look at you weird.

Really though, why does this matter to you that much? Unless of course you make a living by selling computer hardware and are a bit ticked off you can't upsell a better card to customers when they say both the 8800 GT and HD 4870 X2 get 5.9... so why should they pay more.

<snipped>

He's not leaking it, is he? 'Cause I heard that there's now zero tolerance for people caught leaking Win7 builds. If I had to pick between keeping a decently paying job or satisfying a bunch of whiny pricks who think a crashy pre-beta build is final code, I'd take the former. ;)

Edited by John S.
no warez talk

<thread cleaned - warnings forthcoming>

No Warez (links) & Cracks.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

That might be a little harder in 7. All of the files that control the boot screen have a digital signature on them that if broken, breaks the boot screen (it actually reverts to the vista one).

Yeah but I think there is a certain someone out there that loves killing signature checks :whistle:

I'm talking about almost minimum settings here.

I know it's not their target, i'm saying they are doing it wrong, absolutely wrong.

Actually it's pretty good for its purpose, and Win7 makes some improvements here (in addition to the highers caps). Basically, it's there to help normal users identify the weak points in their system that will affect performance, such as a slow hard drive or video card. It does that well, and also helps publishers target a system rating instead of listing all the possible equivalent minimum or recommended reqs.

It is not meant to replace 3DMark. You suggested it work more like 3DMark, but the two serve very different purposes with very different audiences. You're clearly disappointed that WEI isn't 3DMark, but you shouldn't be - that was never its intention. It's like being disappointed that a boat doesn't work well on a highway.

Whoa, calm down and check your facts. WEI was created to help get away from those cryptic game requirements on boxes. Take a look in games explorer - you'll see that the base and recommend WEI for running the games are listed there. The intent was to have those scores on game boxes as well so customers can easily see if their computer can handle it.

jjrambo - you're blowing this issue way out of hand. The score never goes down for a given piece of hardware, but it can be bumped up by simply updating the WEI system to account for higher numbers. This can happen in new versions of WIndows or through a Windows Update. It's not a big deal that its hard limited, and if anything, is advantageous to the customer as it keeps the WIndows team from artificially inflating perceived performance of a component.

+1

I have build 6956 installed now on my system.

it's really beautifull and very fast!!

screenshot5122008pn9.th.png

Can you actually compare the speed improvements over the current 6801 build? What about stability, is there anything obvious wrong?

it feels lighter and faster then 6801

and the new aero effects are really nice! (new taskbar etc..)

here are 2 more screenshots:

screenshot51220082ph5.th.jpg

screenshot51220084yj5.th.jpg

(sorry for my bad english!)

Edited by edgarf28

It's upto you to post us a CLEAR! Video of the new Boot Screen, the current videos are too blurry and too bright. Can you do a video or something for us please? :D

so can someone please clarify the behavior of the taskbar? how come some icons are just square and the icon only and other items are the icon as well as the name of the app running (like in Vista and prior)?

very nice. And I lost again... How do you do to make firefox looks like that?

That's not Firefox, that's 'Chrome', a browser developed by Google.

so can someone please clarify the behavior of the taskbar? how come some icons are just square and the icon only and other items are the icon as well as the name of the app running (like in Vista and prior)?

it is the new superbar changes

only when the program is running it showup the name/title of the program

if it is closed it show only icon without text

it is the new superbar changes

only when the program is running it showup the name/title of the program

if it is closed it show only icon without text

Pretty much like the 'Quick Launch' bar, but it changes when you open up the program you click on.

New Taskbar has grouping (icon only) group when full (once all applications have too many windows cluttering taskbar goes into grouping) and no grouping in which is shows text and icon similar to traditional taskbar i believe is answer to your Q.