Windows 7 Build 695x revealed at WinHEC 2008 China

Enough about the Win7 OS, tell me about this computer Win7 is running on. 7.2? 7.9? Or the Chinese just trying to **** around with us? (there is a way to alter the results)

It says right there that it's rated 1.0 to 7.9. It rates to 7.9 to some extend in 6801 as well.

wonder if the first beta will contain the directx warp feature? if so my old laptop will actually be able to run aero and all the transparency effects!

WARP has absolutely nothing to do with Aero...

If you ask me, all the OEMs will do is take the stock Windows 7 screen and slap their company's logo on the bottom right. The worst they can do is plaster that model's specs all over the screen, instead of having to stick stickers onto the laptop's body :p

But I like those stickers :cry: .

It seems like Brandon Live works for M$ or he has an inside source...

Err... :blink: ?

Scirwode

If you ask me, all the OEMs will do is take the stock Windows 7 screen and slap their company's logo on the bottom right. The worst they can do is plaster that model's specs all over the screen, instead of having to stick stickers onto the laptop's body :p

Yes they have. However in 6801 they put an artificial score cap for users who have less than 3 GB of RAM; your WEI score will be no higher than 5.5. I hope they reconsider that cap; it's a step backwards from Vista considering everything else is getting higher scores. Your computer's RAM capacity shouldn't be the sole deciding factor, its bus speed and timings play just an equal role.

well i got 4GB of of performance rams and i cant seems to break 5.5 yet

I get 7.2 on my Q9450...

overclocked by any chance ?

i get 6.7 with Q6600 @ 3 Ghz

It seems like Brandon Live works for M$ or he has an inside source...

it is the former , as far as i know

you so sure about that?

Proof

i do take what he say over outsiders source since he is affiliated/working for MS

i know he works with m$ but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong either...no disrespect or anything..just saying..would seem logical though that emulating 3d acceleration through the cpu would allow us to do this

i know he works with m$ but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong either...no disrespect or anything..just saying..would seem logical though that emulating 3d acceleration through the cpu would allow us to do this

Technically speaking of course. But glass effect needs a good amount of resources. If You remember Pre-Beta 2 of Vista and it's ungodly resource hog of the glass effect.

Example, When Enabled Glass W7 uses 50% of the memory in my high performance rig. When I disable it, and all the related resources. It drops to 25%-40% depending on what I'm doing. The Rendering on the other hand is being done on the GPU.

I think the WARP will allow low-end GPUs to run the glass effect better, and 3d apps/games(the app/game part already is confirmed)

Can people stop saying 'm$', it's getting annoying and I'd expect a 12 year old who knows absolutely nothing to do that.

As for the Windows scores. They could of been changed again in this latest build. In the Vista Beta's, the score was changed heavily because Microsoft were trying to find a reliable score which reflected the system performance. My score has changed since I've been using Windows 7. So there is some tweaking going on. Plus, with a new higher score being shown, I'm not surprised Microsoft would be more strict on the scoring system.

Can people stop saying 'm$', it's getting annoying and I'd expect a 12 year old who knows absolutely nothing to do that.

As for the Windows scores. They could of been changed again in this latest build. In the Vista Beta's, the score was changed heavily because Microsoft were trying to find a reliable score which reflected the system performance. My score has changed since I've been using Windows 7. So there is some tweaking going on. Plus, with a new higher score being shown, I'm not surprised Microsoft would be more strict on the scoring system.

man i enjoyed when it was 5.9 since i had maximum score possible :rofl:

Interesting screenshots. Nothing much different there from the PDC build.

What is that on the boot screen? Not the Windows logo I expected. :o

It looks like animated items

Do you have a video that can be put on YouTube? Not easy to visualize I think.

I'm sure some attendees will upload a video. If I reach one, I'll update my thread ASAP.

One of my colleagues went to the WinHEC 2008 today, he brought back SEVEN disks including Windows 7 installation and SDK. I'll have a look at it tomorrow to see what they all contain...

One of my colleagues went to the WinHEC 2008 today, he brought back SEVEN disks including Windows 7 installation and SDK. I'll have a look at it tomorrow to see what they all contain...

Please tell me what's inside the new SDK :)

Why is the UAC shield yellow and blue?

Also I wonder how they'll tackle the Windows Welcome sound and logo for Windows 7. Those two should be different to distinguish Vista from 7.

Why is the UAC shield yellow and blue?

Also I wonder how they'll tackle the Windows Welcome sound and logo for Windows 7. Those two should be different to distinguish Vista from 7.

Would be nice if the UAC shield matches desktop wallpaper, but that might just be an illusion because of the yellow wallpaper they're using....