The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

kariya is pretty high paid but that's about it.

We'll its the 3rd now. looks like devils will finally win but the ducks brought em to game 7. That's pretty amazing playoff run for any team.

It looks like Adam Oates and Steve Thomas, won't ever get their names on the cup, its a shame, they're both such great players. :cry:

That is a shame for Oates and Thomas, they are indeed both excellent players...too bad they couldn't have gone to another team. :(

For the ducks, too bad they don't have Fulton with his rocket shot and that black kid with the Knuclepuck to win this cup. :laugh:

Edited by xStainDx

ARRG!

I've had every series right (except for the series counts, as in wins-losses, I suck at those) up until now... Stupid Devils! :angry:

i agree (except the detroit part, of course). :yes:

Same here ;) hehe

I'm tired of people hating on Detroit, too, it's asinine. I'm going to go on a little rampage here, but bear with me... Detroit was horrid in the 80's. So what did they do to get better? They made some amazing draft picks. With those picks, they gradually became better and better. Soon they won the Stanley Cup ("soon" depending on how you look at it, I'm talking about the turn around that was made). Yet, even though they won, they still made some amazing draft picks. In fact, they're making/made better draft picks than they ever have before. You don't get talent like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Huddler, Williams, Wallin, Avery (even if he is gone), and Grigorenko (get better!) by just being lucky. Those are absolutely amazing picks considering that Detroit has had low-round picks mostly in the 2nd round due to some nice trading moves. So, if anyone ever tells you that Detroit buys their players they're dead wrong. Detroit earned all of the money they have by making wise draft picks. Mike Illithc never wanted to spend much money on them until they started producing, same with the current Tigers. If you want to see a team that "buys" their players look at the NY Rangers or possibly even the Dallas Stars (I hate them... stupid fans here in Dallas).

End of rampage.

DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN! DEVILS WIN!

BOOOOOO! Stanley Cup champs! :p lol

EDIT: Holy crap that's a dead silent crowd for just winning the Stanley Cup! That's horrible... You'd never see that in Detroit! :p lol

So true Scorpio, and they ripped off playing We are the Champions from Detroit last year. ;)

Wow, this thread is quiet...must be all the duck fans out getting drunk. ;)

Great Season Everyone, Congrats to the New Jersey Devils.

Stanley Cup Champions 2002-2003.

I think its safe to say, we can now lock this thread. :)

See Everyone Next Season!

congrats Devils... those New Jersey fans shouldnt be allowed to come to another game though... how can they boo Gigeure for winning the Conn Smythe after them winning the stanley cup.

congrats Devils... those New Jersey fans shouldnt be allowed to come to another game though... how can they boo Gigeure for winning the Conn Smythe after them winning the stanley cup.

Not to mention they had no enthusiasm when the Devils won.

The following is a presentation of the Detroit Red Wings...

Hey Devils...don't get too comfortable with that cup...it's permeant residence is right back here in Hockeytown... Enjoy the loaner for the year.

Sincerely,

The Detroit Red Wings