The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

Nothing is really lucky, he saw it coming right at the stick, he should have simply put his pad down more. Plus NJ had plenty of chances in OT and regulation for that matter. Scott Stevens, no matter how much he says he isn't, is hurting and bruised. Rob Niedermayer did a great job banging him around, he can't take 10+ solid hits every night. Granted he is probably the greatest defensive defensemen this side of Vladimir Konstantinov, it will take a toll on him. I honestly think the Ducks will win game 4.

Ducks Win!!! ah...now we have a real series :)

no, you don't, a real series would be @ 2-2.

in order for the series to be 2-2 there would be a point in time where at the end of game 3, the series would be @ 2-1 for either team, now this is that point building up to a 2-2 series :)

go ducks!

The Ducks need to follow up a huge overtime win at home with a nice commanding home victory in game four. If they go down 3-1, I doubt they'll be able to make it back, because even Ottawa couldn't do it. Giguere needs to come up with a huge game and hope the offense in on and Broduer is off all night long, or else the Ducks will be in for a long night. You do not want to go back to New Jersey down 3-1.

Ever.

no, you don't, a real series would be @ 2-2.

after 3 games...the series could be either 3-0 or 2-1...i think 2-1 is much more of a series than 3-0.. now..after tomorrows game, if it is 3-1, your point will be taken

after 3 games...the series could be either 3-0 or 2-1...i think 2-1 is much more of a series than 3-0.. now..after tomorrows game, if it is 3-1, your point will be taken

2-1 is still not a freaken series.

lol... i don't take your point, because I disagree.

what is 2-1? then its 3-1 and your "We have a series" crap is just crap.

you don't have a real series until its tied again.

because once its tied to 2-2 the series turns into a best of 3. which is a real series.

2-1 is still not a freaken series.

lol... i don't take your point, because I disagree.

what is 2-1? then its 3-1 and your "We have a series" crap is just crap.

you don't have a real series until its tied again.

because once its tied to 2-2 the series turns into a best of 3. which is a real series.

the reason i said "we have a series" is because we do, when you compare it to the alternative...it was 2 games to none with the ducks having not scored a goal yet. now it is 2-1 and the ducks can tie the series tonight with a win tomorrow at home...lets say new jersey wins that game last night.. then its 3-0 and all drama is lost... i realize that the series isnt tied, and that if new jersey wins tomorrow, then my statement is void...but after 3 games, 2-1 is a series, especially when you consider the alternative

lol, i have no idea what you guys are arguing about :p

go ducks! i agree, they need to have a big win tomorrow to hopefully carry some momentum back to nj.

Game 3 Time...and all I can say is..

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

ANAHEIM SUCKS!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

ANAHEIM SUCKS!

Red & White forever! Remember the Wings!

CatnipOligarthy,

If it counts for anything I know exactly what you're talking about. You're trying to say that we have two outcomes after game three, 3-0 and 2-1, thus, 2-1 is a much better series then 3-0, hence you saying "we have a series". Sure, it could be taken wrong as it's not tied yet, but I tend to agree with what you said.

WHY THE **** DO ALL THE GAMES START AT 8 EASTERN???? :angry: :angry:

yeah it sucks...and we have to wait 3 days for game 5 because of the NBA finals...*sigh*

I got a solution to solving the low ratings for the NHL finals this year.

Vancouver vs. Ottawa. Canada loves their hockey!! To bad we can't afford a winning team.

Well, game has begun and it's looking pretty good right now. Both goalies are playing good, just waiting on a quick offense burst from one of the teams to start the scoring and most likely end it knowing how these two teams play.

Wow, game 4 has had some pretty sweet saves on both ends so far. That one where Brodeur grabbed it with his glove and it feel out and almost went over the line was the best I think.

Oh yea, and GO DUCKS!

I've got a pit in my stomach saying that the Ducks are going to win this one. :p

LETS GO DEVILS!

quite a game has developed...will giguere keep his overtime shutout streak going? or will brodeur notch his 3rd shutout of the finals? oh, the drama

anaheim just ended it.

As i was making a new post anaheim scored. No one is faster than da goalie!

Finally, we got a series. That was an cool game.