[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Well, I think we all knew I would be the one making this topic :p So here we go! (Important information: a demo is rumored to be released on Jan. 15 for all platforms. Playstation 3 owners will have to subscribe to Qore to get exclusive access to the demo.)

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

fear2_box_large.jpg

Platforms:

• Games for Windows
  • Xbox 360
  • Playstation 3

Release Date:

• North America: Feb. 10, 2009
  • Worldwide: Feb. 13, 2009

Official Website: http://www.projectorigincommunity.com/

Modes:

• Singleplayer solo action consisting of 12 levels (no co-op)
  • 16-player multiplayer featuring various formats (Blitz, Failsafe, Control, Armored Front, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch)

Games for Windows System Requirements:

Minimum

- CPU: P4 2.8GHz (3.2GHz Vista)/Athlon 64 3000+ (3200+ Vista)

- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 256MB (SM 2.0b). NVidia 6800 or ATI X700.

- Memory: 1GB (1.5GB Vista)

- HDD: 12GB

- DirectX: 9.0c

- Sound: DX9.0c compliant

- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)

- Internet: Broadband

Recommended

- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor family/Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (required for MP host)

- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 512MB (SM 3.0). NVidia 8600 GTS or ATI HD 2900 XT.

- Memory: 1.5GB

- HDD: 12GB

- DirectX: 9.0c

- Sound: DX9.0c compliant

- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)

- Internet: Broadband (768kbit/sec upstream required to host 16 players)

I should play the first one lol

It's a bit dated now, but I still think it's great (on the PC, at least). If you play it on the 360 or PS3 you'll probably hate the graphics.

@ Intelman: Same, but it's supposed to be coming out soon. Rumor is January 15, but Monolith said sometime around the middle of January for sure.

When I played the first one with my friends we were so scared. I hope the sequel will be able to do that as well. I haven't really been able to find a game that actually scared me since the original

I'm guessing it'll run better than those requirements indicate, personally. Those seem fairly steep, IMO. You should have a demo soon to judge off of though :)

Looks like I will be able to own this but sadly I've got a confession. I wussed out and only played maybe 40% through the original F.E.A.R. I want to get immersed in this one and I'm going to finish this one for sure. How bad am I going to be missing out not finishing the original?

I remember playing the F.E.A.R. demo when it first came out with my cousin. It scared the living crap out of me. That creepy girl that walks across your screen at the worst moments. Anyway, I'm looking forward to try this demo. My PC goes well beyond the recommended specifications so it should run well.

Looks like I will be able to own this but sadly I've got a confession. I wussed out and only played maybe 40% through the original F.E.A.R. I want to get immersed in this one and I'm going to finish this one for sure. How bad am I going to be missing out not finishing the original?

It's honestly hard to tell. F.E.A.R. 2 starts 30 minutes before the end of the first, so you may not understand what's happening -- although it may explain it in the game. You could always go to Wikipedia and read up on the story. I personally doubt you'll miss too much.

Awesome I can't wait. Its been awhile since we got an old school type linear shooter. Simply kill and plow ahead. Can't waitavhtp5.jpg

But a 2900xt recommended? Yikes requirements are getting steep! And people thought Crysis was demanding.

Any word on the demo? I know it's rumoured to be released in 2 days, but I was wondering if the devs have said anything.

Any word on the demo? I know it's rumoured to be released in 2 days, but I was wondering if the devs have said anything.

It's supposed to be out tomorrow on the PS3, and then a week after that for the 360 apparently.

The developers can't give the release date due to marketing reasons at the moment:

http://www.projectorigincommunity.com/foru...mp;postcount=25

Click on the thread title in the top righthand corner to read the whole topic about it.

Quore Subs get the F.E.A.R 2 demo on the 15th, everyone else and 360 on the 22nd then PC a couple of days later.

Quore Subs get the F.E.A.R 2 demo on the 15th, everyone else and 360 on the 22nd then PC a couple of days later.

Correct! Sorry, forgot to clarify that. :pinch: